What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

It's a war on political Islam, because political Islam is anti New World Order, and what do you know? Unfortunately, a portion of Egyptians fell into the trap of another yet again US, Israeli influenced and controlled regime. Which will be anti palestinian just like before and is meant to serve Israel's interests.

But, this is the world today, what do you expect, too much ignorance. The fabrications succeeded and people enjoy being slaves to their governments, which export this new world order.

Enjoy your lives in the next decade, the world will only wake up to western expansionism and tyranny at the last moment, only when it actually starts severely affecting westerners lives.

I guess people like having their private lives interfere by the governments and I guess Arabs do enjoy being extensions of America. This is the Middle East, all an extension of America.

That sure does us so much good.

It's a war on political Islam, because political Islam is anti New World Order, and what do you know? Unfortunately, a portion of Egyptians fell into the trap of another yet again US, Israeli influenced and controlled regime. Which will be anti palestinian just like before and is meant to serve Israel's interests.

But, this is the world today, what do you expect, too much ignorance. The fabrications succeeded and people enjoy being slaves to their governments, which export this new world order.

Enjoy your lives in the next decade, the world will only wake up to western expansionism and tyranny at the last moment, only when it actually starts severely affecting westerners lives.

I guess people like having their private lives interfere by the governments and I guess Arabs do enjoy being extensions of America. This is the Middle East, all an extension of America.

That sure does us so much good.

Yet, you live in the US......

People who I know are so pissed off at ousting Morsi, my work colleagues, my family and friends, hell.. even my manager. :confused:

I am too, because now it's become a planned persecution. Bro, see it for yourself, once political Islam is gone, get ready for a whole new world. This is major development, and we Arabs will always stay the underdogs, being extensions of America so we can limited in making any beneficial progress that israel and the USA don't want us to see. They like us where we are and want us to stay in this state. Yet, we still have people who cheer on this installed puppet tyrannical western manifest destiny.

you want him to throw gov? are you crazy ? we have one of the best general which respect democracy and vote himself . military is not the solution its like you have problem and you take drugs .

I am not saying military rule..... he has already lost his prime moments.... and what happened in Egypt is just 1/100 of what has already happened over hear..... highest order of corruption, badest governance, country's sovereignty ripped apart hundreds of times... and economy in its poorest state...... He must had given the rulers a shut up call or else have done what sissi have done...... take them out and make INTERIM RULERS to conduct new elections, instead of getting himself in power.... which has always been the case..... which is why people think that the coup is military rule.

Yet, you live in the US......

I'm actually right next door, and left from Egypt not too long ago. I definitely realized the situation was horrible. But this is not the right path, because it will bring Egyptians back to where they were. I hope good for them, but I don't like games like this.

And then some Fatah officials went on to say they hope Palestinians in Gaza revolt against Hamas when most here appreciate Hamas but it also shows that Fatah is an Israeli/American shadowy group which literally serves anti palestinian interests and is working with the snakes to destroy any people that wish to be independent of American tyranny and control of their lives.

We all know exactly how America operates and what it intends with middle easterners, with the exception of Israelis. All to serve israel and to weaken our nations and give them influence in each country. It's bad. And getting ridiculous.

I am too, because now it's become a planned persecution. Bro, see it for yourself, once political Islam is gone, get ready for a whole new world. This is major development, and we Arabs will always stay the underdogs, being extensions of America so we can limited in making any beneficial progress that israel and the USA don't want us to see. They like us where we are and want us to stay in this state. Yet, we still have people who cheer on this installed puppet tyrannical western manifest destiny.

:disagree:
Bro, I can't debate you since I don't believe in those conspiracy theories. I mean, of course there are American designs to follow their interests, but we as well have our interests and we'll only follow the best that suit ours. I strongly believe that ousting the MB is a good thing for Egypt and Arabs. Anyway, Egyptians have decided to topple Mubarak, elect Morsi, and topple him again. It's their country and they are the only who will be held accountable of their decisions whether they are right or wrong.

I'm actually right next door, and left from Egypt not too long ago. I definitely realized the situation was horrible. But this is not the right path, because it will bring Egyptians back to where they were. I hope good for them, but I don't like games like this.

And then some Fatah officials went on to say they hope Palestinians in Gaza revolt against Hamas when most here appreciate Hamas but it also shows that Fatah is an Israeli/American shadowy group which literally serves anti palestinian interests and is working with the snakes to destroy any people that wish to be independent of American tyranny and control of their lives.

We all know exactly how America operates and what it intends with middle easterners, with the exception of Israelis. All to serve israel and to weaken our nations and give them influence in each country. It's bad. And getting ridiculous.

Have you seen the official statements released by the American foreign secretary and Obama himself. None of those are in favour of what has happened and believe that Mohammed Mursi should have stayed. Now if he was a real threat to American or Israeli interests this would not have happened or at least when he was overthrown the Americans would have immediately switched sides as they did in 2011.

CAIRO – A banner screaming "Wake Up America" hung Thursday in Tahrir Square, the heart of the 2011 revolution and center of much of the latest unrest that has erupted across the capital this week.

"Obama supports terrorism," says another massive sign -- again underscoring widespread anger and blame directed at the U.S. president as Egypt staggers through a troubled change of leadership.

It was a frantic day in Cairo that saw Egypt's top judge sworn in as the nation's interim president. Military leaders pressed a crackdown on leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood, the Islamist party of deposed leader Mohammed Morsi. Both sides accused the U.S. of having a hand in the turmoil rocking the country.

The widespread perception rumbling through anti-Morsi crowds is that President Obama has been in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood, said Shadi Hamid, director of research for the Brookings Doha Center.

"Some of it was inevitable," Hamid said, because the U.S. must to work with elected governments and wanted to have a productive relationship with Morsi. "That's standard U.S. policy."

Moreover, anyone who came out vocally in support of the electoral process here was accused of backing the Brotherhood, because the organization typically did so well in elections, he said.

The belief that Obama has backed Morsi is obvious at Tahrir Square, just one meeting place for Morsi opponents who flooded the streets over the past four days, demanding his resignation and calling for new elections.

"We really feel so bad because of Obama," said Adly Hassan, 60. "He supports Morsi and the Egyptian people are really upset."

U.S. Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson is also drawing ire in the square, where posters feature a huge red "X" over her face.

In the lead-up to massive demonstrations that kicked off June 30, Patterson gave a speech that intensified anger at Washington, analysts said. Patterson said she sought "to set the record straight" and that she and the U.S. government are "deeply skeptical" that "street action will produce better results than elections."

"Egypt needs stability to get its economic house in order, and more violence on the streets will do little more than add new names to the lists of martyrs," she said in a June 18 speech. "Instead, I recommend Egyptians get organized. Join or start a political party that reflects your values and aspirations. Egyptians need to know a better path forward."

But Egyptians rose up across the country starting Sunday, with tens of thousands rallying in the streets and effectively ousting Morsi when the nation's military imposed a transitional plan Wednesday. On Thursday, Adly Mansour was sworn in as the nation's interim president after Egypt's army suspended the nation's constitution, called for fresh elections and arrested Morsi and other Brotherhood leaders.

"Obama should listen to us and understand the Egyptian people," said protester Noha El Amroussi. "Obama should learn from the Egyptians."

In a statement Wednesday, Obama said the U.S. is "deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsi and suspend the Egyptian constitution" – words likely to spur more anger among the opposition.

"I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsi and his supporters," he said.

Obama also said that relevant departments and agencies will review implications for U.S. assistance to Egypt, which totals $1.6 million in annual aid, the bulk of which goes to the military.

Morsi supporters also had issues with U.S. involvement. Outside a Cairo mosque, Morsi backer Mohamed Ibrahim denounced what he called "American intervention" in Egypt's affairs and said the "military coup" was supported by the U.S., which wanted the old regime back in power because of Israeli interests.

"It's because of the Zionists and the Israelis, that is why America is supporting this coup," Ibrahim said.

Salah Abdallah, a supporter of Morsi who lives in the Nile Delta, said Obama should have done more to keep Morsi in power, given that Morsi came to power through the polls.

"They are supposed to defend the democratic regime," Abdallah said. "We are not extremists. We respect all kinds of people."

For all the controversy, don't expect the new leadership to push the U.S. away, some experts said.

Egyptian military leaders "need to be allied with this superpower because the economy isn't strong enough for Egypt to be fully independent in its foreign policy," said Firas Abi Ali, a Middle East and North Africa analyst at IHS in London. "They find themselves reliant on the Gulf, aid from the American allies, and the support of the U.S. and the IMF."

In Egypt, U.S. draws ire from both sides

Have you seen the official statements released by the American foreign secretary and Obama himself. None of those are in favour of what has happened and believe that Mohammed Mursi should have stayed. Now if he was a real threat to American or Israeli interests this would not have happened or at least when he was overthrown the Americans would have immediately switched sides as they did in 2011.

During the worst times of Arab Spring in Jordan six months ago when some protesters started attacking policemen and public places, I took this caption from an Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood FB member calling for violence, this is just one, not to mention MB leaders in Jordan and many others in Egypt were all over Facebook:

63311_10151255917089059_1353170078_n.jpg

images

اللهم شماته

So in India you cant do changes in constitution because it is unconstitutional to change constitution :) argh...
Does Supreme court of India testifies that which is harmful or good for India? WOW, Supreme court has only powers to make sure that LAW is enforcing in the country as per constitution.
it is difficult to bring a constitutional amendment (required 2/3 vote I think). Supreme court of India does not allow to tinker with basic premise of constitution. Thats the recent phenomena of judicial activism, and I dont think any future govt can take on supreme court easily(due to fracturred mandate they get)

Those thinking that the brotherhood has just vanished after 86 years,are either fools or outright retarded.

Here is a question. "What if they win this election again??"

Egyptian military has a never ending thirst for absolute power. What will it do?

King congratulates Adly Mansour of his appointment as Egypt's interim president

2d3659d6a931e28383bde1107fc0d6796692df23.jpg

AMMAN – His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday congratulated the Head of the Supreme Constitutional Court of Egypt Adly Mansour on his appointment as Egypt's interim president.

In a cable sent to the interim Egyptian president, the King stressed his absolute keenness to continue to work to enhance the bilateral ties in various fields in the common interest of both peoples.

In his cable, His Majesty also highlighted Egypt's leading and important role at the regional and international levels as well as Jordan's support to the will expressed by the Egyptian people and the choice they made, adding that the Egyptian people have proved their ability to overcome challenges with wisdom and courage under all circumstances.

King Abdullah also asserted his keenness to continue coordination and consultations regarding the Arab and regional issues to add to the joint Arab actions and work to address challenges facing our nation and serve their just causes. (Petra)

King congratulates Adly Mansour of his appointment as Egypt's interim president | Main News | Ammon News

Jordan voices support to Egyptian people, transitional leadership

AMMAN (Petra) – Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriate Affairs Nasser Judeh said Wednesday that Jordan was closely following the unfolding situation in Egypt since the two countries have shared close historical ties over the years, as have the two peoples.

In a statement to Petra late Wednesday, Judeh reiterated Jordan's firm and clear view that it will respect the will of the Egyptian people whose resolve has left the whole world amazed with their conviction and determination not to relent. Jordan, he added, appreciated the views and concerns of the genuine and national Egyptian political spectrum, especially the youth, who only bring intellectual and moral credit to the Arab nation.

Further, the minister reiterated Jordan's deep respect for the Egyptian armed forces and their national and vital role in Egypt and the Arab national security system. He also appreciated the role of Al-Azhar Al-Sharif at the national level and appreciated the part it played in enlightening the Muslim world. He also hailed the role of the national Coptic Church and the Egyptian Judiciary, represented by the President of the Supreme Constitutional Court who will take over as the transitional president of Egypt.

Judeh reiterated the Jordanian government's hope to restore sense of security and stability in Egypt, thanks to the pivotal role it played in the Arab and international arenas.

Jordan voices support to Egyptian people, transitional leadership | Main News | Ammon News

Those thinking that the brotherhood has just vanished after 86 years,are either fools or outright retarded.

Here is a question. "What if they win this election again??"

Egyptian military has a never ending thirst for absolute power. What will it do?

They will never vanish, however, now they're weak and no longer have sympathizers only followers and to a large extent they have been exposed as frauds.

They simply do not have the numbers to win an election on their own. They relied on the revolutionary vote the last time as Mursi was seen as the lesser of the two evils.

Have you even read the first communique?

Back
Top Bottom