What's new

Desi Food

hadoken

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
How many calories do you think a typical north Indian diet consists of? I am currently trying to get back into shape and thus keeping count of my caloric intake.

Give me ball park figures.

Typical diet consists of :
Goat meat curry
2-3 spoons of Yogurt
small bowl of yellow Daal ( lol I dont really know the name of it)
We dont really eat roti/naan... people from Nepal substitute that with either Rice or mashed corn,

ps: I dont fry anything

How many calories do you think a typical north Indian diet consists of? I am currently trying to get back into shape and thus keeping count of my caloric intake.

Goat meat curry
2-3 spoons of Yogurt
We dont really eat roti/naan... people from Nepal substitute that with either Rice or mashed corn,

Chana daal or Tuar Daal.

Goat meat curry
2-3 spoons of Yogurt

You really don't want to be on my diet then :)
i am on a see food diet, any thing i see i eat:D

Chana daal or Tuar Daal.
This is what it looks like :
yellow-daal.jpg

You really don't want to be on my diet then :)
i am on a see food diet, any thing i see i eat:D
Our food I think can be really healthy if cooked properly. We normally use fresh/non processed ingredients.

If only we cut back on the Ghee and makhani lol. I am still curious to compare the over all calorie count of our food witht that of the Chinese, Italian, Fastfood, and staple American diet.

yellow-daal.jpg

Our food I think can be really healthy if cooked properly. We normally use fresh/non processed ingredients.

If only we cut back on the Ghee and makhani lol. I am still curious to compare the over all calorie count of our food witht that of the Chinese, Italian, Fastfood, and staple American diet.

brother we south asians spend too much time cooking our food. the more u leave food on fire lesser the nutritious value of the food is. thats why the oriental stir fired or western food is healthier compared to our food. taste wise we have one of the best cuisine in the world :-)

yellow-daal.jpg
That looks like Tuar daal. Chana daal will have grains of daal intact. Tuar daal is tastiest of all daal, have you ever eaten south Indian sambhar with rice.

That looks like Tuar daal. Chana daal will have grains of daal intact. Tuar daal is tastiest of all daal, have you ever eaten south Indian sambhar with rice.

Yea I have. Its certainly different. I think the coconut flavoring needs time to get used to though.

Back
Top Bottom