What's new

Why is South Indian food different from North Indian food?

Lamb's tongue but rarest in restaurants because of the ingredient. :sarcastic:

Have a hyper mall in cochin, which has every other part of lamb..... But never seen tongue.... should go and ask them why not in stock

too much! For mild to hot taste try Hyderabadi Food ! Chettinad food is also good.. but they use lot of curry leaves which u may not like.

I used to thing Pakistani food was chilly but once i used Thai chilly sauce for sandwich. Lets just say i become a steam train for about two minutes.

How the tongue tasted, was it soft or elastic, meat with jelly type meat or just plain flesh.
A bit elastic and was mainly meat with a bit of jow, you should try ox tongue roast.

North Indian food and south Indian foods are different because the geography is different.
North Indians use a lot of butter,mustard oil and spices.This so because that kinda food will keep the body warm.
South Indians use a lot of coconut because that would keep the body cool. No rocket science there! :-)
This is called the art of cooking :P
in summer with 45c which eatable can keep calm n cool.....?
Indians knows how to keep them warm ...
there is saying in our side Surya hua aust banda hua mast....

Last edited:
Last edited:
It probably has to do something with the Islamic invasion and their dishes influencing northern culture while Mughals never managed to get a hold of south India hence preserving its culture and its food ..

You believe daal-roti was brought through Islamic invasion. :cheesy:

Here in Kerala, it is hard to find Chat items. I like Pao-Bhaji, Vada Pao etc but, it's available in Cochin city that too very few exists. There are simple items like Holige which tastes good, as a snack.

Why they keep a bowl of water with lemon in the tables? never saw such a practice in Kerala. Is this a common practice in Karnataka, Tamilnadu? like this:
komrad_il_terrazzo4.jpg

You believe daal-roti was brought through Islamic invasion. :cheesy:

Daal roti was the traditional north Indian dish even before the invasion , as i said i just told one of the factors ... there are many other

Here in Kerala, it is hard to find Chat items. I like Pao-Bhaji, Vada Pao etc but, it's available in Cochin city that too very few exists. There are simple items like Holige which tastes good, as a snack.

Why they keep a bowl of water with lemon in the tables? never saw such a practice in Kerala. Is this a common practice in Karnataka, Tamilnadu? like this:
komrad_il_terrazzo4.jpg

Bowl of lemon in water is for cleaning hand after the meal, it was a royal custom.

Back
Top Bottom