What's new

Dalit family attacked by Bajrang Dal over beef, alleges Karnataka rights group

Dalit family attacked by Bajrang Dal over beef, alleges Karnataka rights group
  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Chennai
    |
  • Updated: Jul 23, 2016 12:31 IST
una-village_fb80651c-50a1-11e6-a5f1-138dd21979a8.jpg

The incident comes less than two weeks after a Dalit family was beaten up over suspicions of killing a cow in Una, Gujarat. (Arun Sharma/HT PHOTO)
Rights groups have said that Bajrang Dal members brutally attacked a Dalit family in Koppa in Karnataka’s Chikkamagaluru district last Sunday claiming there was beef inside their house, in a grim echo of the Dadri mob lynching of last September.

“Around 30-40 members of the Bajrang Dal came and attacked Balraj and four members of his family claiming there was meat inside their house,” KL Ashok, general secretary of the Karnataka Communal Harmony Forum, said.

“They beat them mercilessly with sticks,”Ashok added.

The 53-year-old’s hand was fractured, and members of his family suffered minor internal injuries. All have since been discharged from a local hospital in the town, which is known as the Kashmir of Karnataka because of its tea estates. Koppa is at least 300 km from state capital Bengaluru.

Local police filed a case against at least 30-40 alleged attackers under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015, after Dalit rights groups insisted that action must be taken against them.

Read: Crimes against Dalits in Gujarat less but conviction record poor: Data

This, however, did not go down well with local BJP MLA Jivaraj, Ashok said.

“He and the Bajrang Dal are planning to stage state-wide protests on the issue tomorrow,” he said, “First starting from Jaipura here.”

But rightwing Hindutva organisations won’t be protesting unopposed: Dalit rights groups and activists alike are planning to hold a “Chalo Jaipura” on Monday as part of their agitations against the attack.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ights-group/story-c8J4oRVo803zxWNyJMjKyL.html
Every Indian police equipment rifle? Seems to be some fear.

Lots of videos are floating on FB showing Indians stripping and beating Dalits ..

Here is a pic I saw just a few mins back;

View attachment 320245
Hatred comes from ignorance! Want India to increase their education budget.

It is good to know that you haven't faced discrimination.

My point is it shouldn't matter whether they are from RSS or VHP or Bajrang Dal. What they are doing in the photo is reprehensible and should be prosecuted.

Yes and by constitution it will done by there respective state govt

Any thing happening stare failure of state govt

The fringe element will ensure that BJP has a lot of problems coming back to power. Ironically they feel they are helping.

Nonsense.
In Punjab, AAP MLA gave money to Bhajarang Dal guys to burn a holy book.

Now that this nexus has been exposed, other flanks of attacks are being opened in hope that BJP would react.

This is Karnataka, not BJP state, so, onus is not Congress not BJP to do justice.

Sickulars have been completely exposed. Something works if it is employed rarely. Do it day in day out, one ends up looking like Kejri who even thinks of Modi when he is having constipation.
Look at Mayawati. She over-extended it in UP and is now on back foot. BSP has lost UP and even she knows it.

Nonsense.
In Punjab, AAP MLA gave money to Bhajarang Dal guys to burn a holy book.

Now that this nexus has been exposed, other flanks of attacks are being opened in hope that BJP would react.

This is Karnataka, not BJP state, so, onus is not Congress not BJP to do justice.

Sickulars have been completely exposed. Something works if it is employed rarely. Do it day in day out, one ends up looking like Kejri who even thinks of Modi when he is having constipation.
Look at Mayawati. She over-extended it in UP and is now on back foot. BSP has lost UP and even she knows it.
You dont understand politics , do you?

That was quiet informative, thx for your extremely valuable insights into Indian politics.
your point on Hindu consolidation vs Caste politics was brilliant..

Oh wait....

Is that mean bajrang Dal can be hired ?

Not Bhajarang Dal, it's guys can be hired.
They are not a very tight political or organizational set up. They are very loosely set up. Tomorrow you or me or anyone can go and join Bhajarang Dal.

And if some one offers these BD guys some money to tear up some holy book, they would gladly do it...fits with their ideology and on top they are getting money.
AAP tried to use this in Punjab when they made their move and unfortunately got caught.

Some of the "self styled" political pandits here think the same strategy can be used to fool people all the time all it will work. When exposed they will simply question your understanding of politics instead discussing the obvious boo boo made.

Maybe you are ignoring the politics being played here, Google KCHF... here is the agenda of one the meetings they held after Modi came to power.

Agendas of the Meeting:
1. Analysis of 2014 Parliament Elections.
2. Rightwing politics and polarization of communities.
3. Sharing the experience of fighting Communalism by different organizations in various states.
4. Identifying concrete dangers which will be unleashed by NeoLiberal Fascism and developing a road map to counter it.
5. Discuss the possibilities of forming United All India Anti-Fascist Front

PROGRAM DAY-1 -
16th Saturday,2014 Inaugural Session- 10.30 AM
Introduction of Participants Introductory Note: Rev.Fr.Manohar Chandra Prsad-Secretary, KCHF
Inauguration: Ms.Teesta Setlwad

http://sanhati.com/event/11076/

They even came up with a catchy slogan.

AMAN KE RAKHWAALE
HUM EK HAIN, EK HAIN.

That was quiet informative, thx for your extremely valuable insights into Indian politics.
your point on Hindu consolidation vs Caste politics was brilliant..

Oh wait....
Like i said you do not understand politics. i do , i have been in politics for almost two decades.
The reason i said it is , Dalit attack are happening all over the country , they are being done by right fringe groups.

Now the political part of the equation is that the perception is that the BJP is not able to control its affiliates. (it does not matter if the bjp hates these guys) the perception is that its the BJP men who are doing it.
Now not many people rose to condemn the dadri killings , or when other Muslims were attacked as their numbers were just about 15-17%.
But dalits are 30% , not just that they are a powerful vote base And more importantly most are Hindu , now add the fact that all BJP did was preach development during its 2014 campaign , the reality of today situation has them on the back foot.
Hence i said the fringe will end up loosing the election for the BJP . in fact i can bet the BJP will be unable to form the govt in UP and even Rajasthan . They will loose Punjab and also Goa.

Back
Top Bottom