What's new

Creation of Bangladesh: Shining Moment or Strategic Blunder

After the Indian PM visit relations just plummeted.
So much cynicism, I don't understand why? Even Ms Zia has been restrained regarding India and rather lashing out on Ms Hasina for failing in diplomacy to settle the water dispute. I know India did a bluder by not delivering on water dispute but it'll be done.

Muslim Ummah? I'm just curious.

You already know that. It is weird but half of the bangladeshis prefer pakistan to india because of religion. While some other people are neutral. Only a little group likes india... There is no ISI or blah blah... Insecurity from an indian military professional.

Bl[i]tZ;2091250 said:
So much cynicism, I don't understand why? Even Ms Zia has been restrained regarding India and rather lashing out on Ms Hasina for failing in diplomacy to settle the water dispute. I know India did a bluder by not delivering on water dispute but it'll be done.

@ How it will be done? You people have already drained out the water of Tista river some where elses.

You already know that. It is weird but half of the bangladeshis prefer pakistan to india because of religion. While some other people are neutral. Only a little group likes india... There is no ISI or blah blah... Insecurity from an indian military professional.

What would Indian military gain by invading Bangladesh - just do it for the sake of doing it? What are you smoking? There is not even one person in India who subscribes to that view.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

@ How it will be done? You people have already drained out the water of Tista river some where elses.
Before I reply - Prove your allegation!

So it is Muslim Ummah? And the other half that are neutral aren't fully convinced of the Ummah concept? The little group that "likes" India are not Muslims?

You were most probably not an adult in 1971 but as a matter of curiousity, do you still have confidence in your ummah considering how your fellow muslim brother nation treated your parents prior to 1971? I think India will have to do much much much worse than it can ever dream of doing to Bangladesh to reach the same scale of atrocities which Pakistan then did to your country. On that note, do you and your countrymen still believe that your lot is better off on the Pakistani side than the Indian side? Just trying to figure out the average Bangladeshi mindset in asking you these questions

Bl[i]tZ;2091240 said:
There were some internal dynamics in our country that were working against importing textile goods from BD. Now, I think some 41 things including textiles can be imported duty free into India from BD. Some corridor to Nepal has been conceived, that'll help Nepal and BD build their economic relationship. India has provided some $1billion for credit infrastructure in BD. These are all mutually beneficial steps.

@ $ 1 billion ???? We know how costly the interest rate is ?????? Moreso, these money would be utilized only those infrastructure which would be used for transit facility. It is being there that whatever project we make the final approval will come from Delhi, my foot ???? " Delhi bhuhat door hai "

@ $ 1 billion ???? We know how costly the interest rate is ?????? Moreso, these money would be utilized only those infrastructure which would be used for transit facility. It is being that whatever project we make the final approval will come from Delhi, my foot ???? " Delhi bhuhat door hai "

I'm not aware of the details but if that is the case it is still good - even if we have mutually agree on the projects for funds to be released, they'll still be those that YOU WANT (may be not on top of your priority but definitely somewhere in the list).

@ $ 1 billion ???? We know how costly the interest rate is ?????? Moreso, these money would be utilized only those infrastructure which would be used for transit facility. It is being that whatever project we make the final approval will come from Delhi, my foot ????

intrest rate on this 1 billion loan is 1.75% only ...

You were most probably not an adult in 1971 but as a matter of curiousity, do you still have confidence in your ummah considering how your fellow muslim brother nation treated your parents prior to 1971? I think India will have to do much much much worse than it can ever dream of doing to Bangladesh to reach the same scale of atrocities which Pakistan then did to your country. On that note, do you and your countrymen still believe that your lot is better off on the Pakistani side than the Indian side? Just trying to figure out the average Bangladeshi mindset in asking you these questions

Who said about 'taking sides'? The West Pakistani blunders along with the blunders of the Mujib-era (till he and his family were gunned down) had already been discussed extensively in this very forum.

Even though the Muslim Ummah has its limitations nowadays, it is the duty of each and every Muslim to at least share some brotherhood.

Regarding India, how do you think the transit can help improve connectivity? The killings by BSF inside Bangladesh border, the barbed wire fencing on the border, coupled by one of the worst visa systems in the world. How can one have connectivity if one is not connected to the people? Connect with what? Vast empty space? Is that a worthy investment?? These are serious issues.

And regarding illegal immigration for the past four decades, why has it been that way? Many countries have very strict enforcement against illegal immigrants. What is wrong in India?

While in theory the transit is economically feasible for Bangladesh, I feel that the deal isn't being made transparent enough to both the Indian and the Bangladeshi public.

Again, how is the 'Indian side' better for Bangladesh as you claim? How has it become a story of 'taking sides'? How will India 'connect better' with Bangladesh?

Bl[i]tZ;2091308 said:
I'm not aware of the details but if that is the case it is still good - even if we have mutually agree on the projects for funds to be released, they'll still be those that YOU WANT (may be not on top of your priority but definitely somewhere in the list).

@ Look, my dear friend, our is one of the poorest country in the world. We cannot afford to take loan at high rate from India and then spend for their purpose. Developing of infrastructure is not a easy task ????

@ The way you are asking to make infrastructure we donnot need in that line. Moreso, it is a huge expenditure. In our country whatever infrastructure British people made we are just touching on it. Even during Pakistan's time same thing happened. Well this money can be utilize for the development of the existing infrastructure at best. For the construction of new roads we have to acquire new land and acquiring new land is another difficult task. Again once we make the infrastructure for this purpose how much fees are you people going to pay ?? So far I know this is not yet settled. But insight report is you are not going to pay for it !!!!

intrest rate on this 1 billion loan is 1.75% only ...

@ This rate is higher than world bank rate. You know we get loan from China without interest that too for 100 years !!!!!!

mind your words against my Pakistan. in 1971 indians supported Terrorist organization and put all blame on Pakistan army that is the fact which you cannot change.... typical indian troll towards Bangladesh, grow up and move fwd.

Pakistan and Bangladesh are now 2 nations and mind it war of this area is not yet over.... :)

Who said about 'taking sides'? The West Pakistani blunders along with the blunders of the Mujib-era (till he and his family were gunned down) had already been discussed extensively in this very forum.

Even though the Muslim Ummah has its limitations nowadays, it is the duty of each and every Muslim to at least share some brotherhood.

Feel free. :)

Regarding India, how do you think the transit can help improve connectivity? The killings by BSF inside Bangladesh border, the barbed wire fencing on the border, coupled by one of the worst visa systems in the world. How can one have connectivity if one is not connected to the people? Connect with what? Vast empty space? Is that a worthy investment?? These are serious issues.

You're bringing your emotional outburst while addressing an economic issue. Connectivity is key to the economic integration of south asia.
1. BD will earn transit revenues.
2. It is and will facilitate different investments and businesses.
3. Development of industries and enterprises cutting across borders

The killings by BSF inside Bangladesh border,

Borders were not demarcated. Have you ever heard the other side of the story.

the barbed wire fencing on the border
To stop illegal immigration, smuggling, counterfeit currency and free movement of terrorists.

coupled by one of the worst visa systems in the world. How can one have connectivity if one is not connected to the people?] Connect with what? Vast empty space? Is that a worthy investment?? These are serious issues.

Absolutely necessary! We're talking about a legal well documented integration and not haphazard flow of people and materials some of which pertains to National Security. It'll take time - we need CBMs. Why do we always choose from the extremes? Can't there be gradual shifts?

And regarding illegal immigration for the past four decades, why has it been that way? Many countries have very strict enforcement against illegal immigrants. What is wrong in India?

Even US hasn't solved the problem with drones, border patrol and a strong political will. There is a magnet in our country which would attract such people. We have employers who can hire people at will without ensuring their legality in the country - there is not proper documentation. Unless this is fixed it won't stop

While in theory the transit is economically feasible for Bangladesh, I feel that the deal isn't being made transparent enough to both the Indian and the Bangladeshi public.
Which part specifically? Could you elaborate on that/

Again, how is the 'Indian side' better for Bangladesh as you claim? How has it become a story of 'taking sides'? How will India 'connect better' with Bangladesh
BD should connect with all its neighbors, viz, Myanmar, Bhutan, Nepal and China. It doesn't have to be us or them. It can be all of us.

Back
Top Bottom