What's new

China Trains To Shoot Down F-22s

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
October 18, 2010: Chinese news sources recently reported an anti-aircraft exercise where HQ-9 missiles were fired at a "stealth" aircraft. Not much in the way of details. This is typical. There has been much written about how potential "anti-stealth" radars might work. But no one is selling such a beast, even though some of the technologies proposed are sound. There's heat detection, as F-22s and B-2s still put out a lot of heat. Then there's using a radar that will not be as easily defeated by the radar absorbing materials used on American stealth aircraft. And so on. The U.S. is not providing stealth aircraft for testing any of these proposed methods, and if China had developed something in this area, they would probably keep details secret (lest the U.S. tweak their stealth tech to better handle the Chinese device.)
Air Defense: China Trains To Shoot Down F-22s

its obvious to have some sort of stop gap against her main adversary USA (apologies to Indian Friends)

60324-top-gear-ariel-atom-repost6.jpg

I think they would have surely modified HQ-9 and other A2A missiles against B-2 and JSF at least. When data leakage about JSF program was reported, it was feared that with JSF design information at its disposal, China will be able to develop/Tweak its weapons against it

its obvious to have some sort of stop gap against her main adversary USA (apologies to Indian Friends)

India and China are neutral for the most part. They just throw jabs that dont hit.

And the gap militarily between USA and China is already pretty big. In 100+ years that will balance out I am sure. I think on paper no country can really fight USA head to head in a conventional war. And I dont think USA will not invade China any time soon.

India and China are neutral for the most part. They just throw jabs that dont hit.

And the gap militarily between USA and China is already pretty big. In 100+ years that will balance out I am sure. I think on paper no country can really fight USA head to head in a conventional war. And I dont think USA will not invade China any time soon.

Thats quite arrogant even to assume that every dog has its day and US is no acception. With her economy in trouble, China becoming much stronger and this world will have mutli super powers in the next twenty years.

you think it'll take 100+ years for us to even out?

Thats quite arrogant even to assume that every dog has its day and US is no acception. With her economy in trouble, China becoming much stronger and this world will have mutli super powers in the next twenty years.

Its my opinion. Its not bias either.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

you think it'll take 100+ years for us to even out?

Maybe, maybe not.

Such news should be considered YY until official confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom