What's new

CCS to consider 22 attack choppers deal in July

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Apache1.jpg

Another defence deal is going to fall in the kitty of US, as the Indian Air Force (IAF) has chosen the American Boeing’s AH-64D Apache Longbow Block-III over the Russian Mi-28N Night Hunter for supplying the 22 attack helicopters and the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) is expected to give its nod shortly.

The trial report of the two was submitted to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in 2011, and according to sources, the Russian entry into the tender lost out on technical reasons. The IAF will be purchasing 22 attack helicopters worth $ 1.4 billion, including of training, support and spares.

“The Russian entry lost as it was found to be non-compliant on as many as 20 parameters,” officials said.

Both the helicopters were tried in deserts and at high altitude airbase in Leh.

“The proposal will come up for consideration in the CCS next month,” sources added.

The Ah-64 D Apache is a four-blade, twin engine attack helicopter with a tail wheel-type landing gear arrangement and a tandem cockpit for two-man crew.

The 22 helicopters deal is part of the IAF’s revamping of its rotary wing fleet – primarily consisting of Chetak/Cheetah and Russian Mi series helicopter. The Apaches will be the first US helicopter in the IAF’s inventory and will replace Mi-35 attack helicopters of Russian vintage.

Besides this, the US contender Chinook CH-47 is the frontrunner with the Russian Mi-26 helicopters for the heavy-lift category. The deal is worth $ 2 billion and the force intends to buy 15 of these units.

Even as the US lost out the big-ticket deal for supplying 126 fighter jets to the IAF, the Indo-US defence deals have been on the rise in the past. The two countries have signed defence deals valuing more than $ 10 billion in the last 5 years. Deals worth many more billions are in the offing. The major deals include acquiring six more C-130 J Super Hercules aircraft, four more P-8I long range maritime reconnaissance aircraft, Javelin anti-tank guided missiles, Jaguar engine upgrades, M-777 ultra-light howitzers and AH-64D attack helicopters.

defence eXpress: CCS to consider 22 attack choppers deal in July

Its Apache 64D Longbow....???

AH-64D BLK.III to be precise. I think ,as per reports, 12 will come with Longbow radars with rest not but with the Apache's ability to datalink with each other and share information around with others this shouldn't be an issue and I'm sure the IAF know what they're doing.

Apache1.jpg

Another defence deal is going to fall in the kitty of US, as the Indian Air Force (IAF) has chosen the American Boeing’s AH-64D Apache Longbow Block-III over the Russian Mi-28N Night Hunter for supplying the 22 attack helicopters and the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) is expected to give its nod shortly.

The trial report of the two was submitted to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in 2011, and according to sources, the Russian entry into the tender lost out on technical reasons. The IAF will be purchasing 22 attack helicopters worth $ 1.4 billion, including of training, support and spares.

“The Russian entry lost as it was found to be non-compliant on as many as 20 parameters,” officials said.

Both the helicopters were tried in deserts and at high altitude airbase in Leh.

“The proposal will come up for consideration in the CCS next month,” sources added.

The Ah-64 D Apache is a four-blade, twin engine attack helicopter with a tail wheel-type landing gear arrangement and a tandem cockpit for two-man crew.

The 22 helicopters deal is part of the IAF’s revamping of its rotary wing fleet – primarily consisting of Chetak/Cheetah and Russian Mi series helicopter. The Apaches will be the first US helicopter in the IAF’s inventory and will replace Mi-35 attack helicopters of Russian vintage.

Besides this, the US contender Chinook CH-47 is the frontrunner with the Russian Mi-26 helicopters for the heavy-lift category. The deal is worth $ 2 billion and the force intends to buy 15 of these units.

Even as the US lost out the big-ticket deal for supplying 126 fighter jets to the IAF, the Indo-US defence deals have been on the rise in the past. The two countries have signed defence deals valuing more than $ 10 billion in the last 5 years. Deals worth many more billions are in the offing. The major deals include acquiring six more C-130 J Super Hercules aircraft, four more P-8I long range maritime reconnaissance aircraft, Javelin anti-tank guided missiles, Jaguar engine upgrades, M-777 ultra-light howitzers and AH-64D attack helicopters.

defence eXpress: CCS to consider 22 attack choppers deal in July

If all Goes well will be Very Proud ..Hope my Unit Becomes part of Air Cavalry. Jai Hind

AH-64D BLK.III to be precise. I think ,as per reports, 12 will come with Longbow radars with rest not but with the Apache's ability to datalink with each other and share information around with others this shouldn't be an issue and I'm sure the IAF know what they're doing.
Yeah i read it way back....now i remember. Thanks

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom