What's new

Indian Army Aviation Corps grabs Apache gunships from IAF

We must use apache s against maoists...

Last edited:
Wow that's some news.

Source: Indian Army Aviation Corps grabs Apache gunships from IAF | idrw.org

:undecided:

Although would still like some clarification because it seems the IAF will still be getting the AH-64Es that will be ordered imminently and so will the 39 for the IA's AAC be ON TOP of these 22 or will the IAF hand over these 22 in the second half of this decade-very unlikely [/quote]

It's basically nothing new, the compeitition was for 22 x helicopters and for IAF, the question at the end was, who will get them. If IA get them (which would be logical), they want to add another squad, which rules out any Apaches for the IAF, because they simply don't have any operational requirement anymore.

However, the estimated cost would be even more troubling to me, whooping $64 millions each, I wonder how many LCH we would get at the same time?

April 2010 Maoist attack in Dantewada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2013 Naxal attack in Darbha valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@acetophenol @Koovie So how long we can afford such incidents...??

In my opinion, we must use these gunships to support CRPF jawans....

Such incidents do not justify the death of innocent citizens of India by the hand of our military forces (Which WILL eventually happen if we use airpower in combat ops on our own soil).

Besides, all these maoist attacks could have been avoided with proper surveillance, training and equipment ... and a healthy amount of common sense among CRPF and state Police officials! (Yes, there have been ambushes despite clear warnings were given to the responsible people. But they chose to ignore them due to sheer ignorance)

What brings us to the real issue: More training and funding for our central reserve police forces that they can do THEIR job.

April 2010 Maoist attack in Dantewada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2013 Naxal attack in Darbha valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@acetophenol @Koovie So how long we can afford such incidents...??

In my opinion, we must use these gunships to support CRPF jawans....
Other than what Koovie told,maoism should be curbed with soft power,rather than hard power.

Besides,we have our own dedicated counter insurgency helicopter,which would've been better for CRPF than Apaches,if we were to use choppers

HAL-Lancer08.jpg

Modified HAL Cheetah witth Armour plates, 2 x 12.7mms, 2xtriple rockets

Other than what Koovie told,maoism should be curbed with soft power,rather than hard power.

Besides,we have our own dedicated counter insurgency helicopter,which would've been better for CRPF than Apaches,if we were to use choppers

HAL-Lancer08.jpg

Modified HAL Cheetah witth Armour plates, 2 x 12.7mms, 2xtriple rockets

This reminds me of of something that would'nt be good for kids. :azn:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom