What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Brother we got sanctioned in 1965 (at time we were ally of US)
We got sanctioned in 1971
We did not get sanctioned in last 15 years because we didnt had any war ...
I again retreat 8 functioning and sanctioned free planes are better than 18 sanctioned prone planes and for the same reason thunder is a wonderful project and is admired despite of being inferior to block 52

this is where you are right and wrong as well..

did we got sanctioned in last 15 years..NO..so you are wrong on account of sanctions, do we expect to get sanctioned during war, well not before the war is over(wont last more than couple of days), and probably not after the war is settled, and who knows whether we will have flying f16s left!

so ideally we shouldn't have gone for f16s but the decision was done in 1980s and if we wanted to go for another platefrom than 2.3 billion is not enough, you would need atleast 6-8 billion dollars..

as 2.3B this will only get you 8 rafales or even less if weapons are counted vs 63 f-16s
(18+ 45 getting complete new look +weapons) both were similar platforms than before rafales got there AESA
there is no comaprsion, the decision is straight forward

now one can argue why did we brought more..but thing is we have been under IMF since 2008, poor policies and lack of structural reforms, if any reforms happened it happened under IMF, all credit of our development goes to IMF, our politicians ***w up things than IMF comes and correct things and cycle is repeated, be it privatization, taxation, liberalization, everything has been done under IMF...only this time IMF was laxed, otherwise you would have seen PIA, steel mills go away which ate 1 trillion rupees...

if concept of people is "agar khata hey tou lagata be hey" irrespective of party politics than what do you expect? in every country there is corruption but in this country there is clear disregard for a convict and complete disregard for corruption

IMF is blamed for inflation and austerity, but IMF usually wants to jump correct things in months as compared to years that are needed..yes IMF destroys economies in short run but if it doesnt come instead of destroyed you get a collapse

india is booming yet you dont see it trying to match china as it knows USSR didnt collapse due to war but failure of its social services and econmy

PS:
go look at your budget and purchasing power than and now, the economy has tripled since than

All Types of Mirages in Pakistan Air Force.
PAF still has six Mirage squadrons named Sq7 Bandits, Sq8 Haiders, Sq15 Cobras, Sq22 Ghazis, Sq25 Night Strike Eagles and Sq27 Zarrars.
Mirages are also part of Combat Commander School of Pakistan Air Force. https://t.co/Tklbo2ile1
IMG_20180613_164049.jpeg

I think all jf-17 past 150 number will be replacing mirages so if goes to 250 than 100 or so jf will cover the six sqn

Pg will go next replaced by block iii as the airframe life for f-7s is less than 3000 hours between 26-2800 hours though pac did extended Ft-7 past life w/o OEM recommendations on its own ( couple hundred Hours per Ac) with help from Australians structures analysis company same perhaps the one which helped with ft-5

All Types of Mirages in Pakistan Air Force.
PAF still has six Mirage squadrons named Sq7 Bandits, Sq8 Haiders, Sq15 Cobras, Sq22 Ghazis, Sq25 Night Strike Eagles and Sq27 Zarrars.
Mirages are also part of Combat Commander School of Pakistan Air Force. https://t.co/Tklbo2ile1
View attachment 480145

Thanks @fatman17 for posting the image I created and already posted on this thread =P

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/capabilities-of-paf-dassault-mirage-iii-v.44991/page-93#post-10347494

I again retreat 8 functioning and sanctioned free planes are better than 18 sanctioned prone planes and for the same reason thunder is a wonderful project and is admired despite of being inferior to block 52

Hi,

Sanctions only happen when you do not have a similar equipment---. For that reason---diversity was a must---the diversity was the M2K---.

It's not 8 vs 18, its 8 vs 63

Nice to see mirages still flying. I think PGs will go first

Mirage 3 EA 90-511 of No. 7 Bandits with modified nose and recce cams..
View attachment 482000
This is the most amazing thing. I would like to say PAC Kamra is the best when it comes to modifications. Although, my idea was that convert RP ones into regular mirages with radar inside their noses and buy some pods from France or other EU country; to be carried underbelly for reconnaissance.

This is the most amazing thing. I would like to say PAC Kamra is the best when it comes to modifications. Although, my idea was that convert RP ones into regular mirages with radar inside their noses and buy some pods from France or other EU country; to be carried underbelly for reconnaissance.

Paf/pac acquires 76 Libyan mirages only 10 recovered rest concerted to spares
The 10 included Recci and dual seaters so not sure what’s the future of these recci mirages

Cheers

We are in desperate need of used and upgraded mirage 2k atleast 3 to 4 sqdn to overcome the gap for next 1 decade . Already got related infrastructure and experience.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom