What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
soon they will be supplemented by JFT.
they served very well, but their golden days are gone, they need rest.
bt 2020s PAF will operate F16 and JFT as fighet aircraft.
i think if we have a total of 350+ JFT blk and above plus F16 this should make some balance betwin PAF and IAF
by 2020 PAF will have the same(current) inventory

i doubt they will go by 2020, i believe all the f-7s will go by 2020. while recent interviews shows the block 3 will be produced in 19-20 time frame so i fully expect this ti stay till 2025
only F7Ps not PGs

14 block 2 for paf in 2017 will complete existing total of 50 batch add 2 dual seater for paf so again paf will have 16 for the year probably replacing last f7p sqn no 18 which was ocu for f7 p read some where additional block 2 expected in 2018 to keep production going as block 3 will start production in 2019 again based on what was shared online and during PAC tv interview or janes etc, the remaining capacity will go to foreign orders 16+ x where x = to max 8/9 per year

Mirage delta visit put in place to keep mirages past 2020 so mirages will be there at least 2025 or so per paf history 1999-2013 unless things have changed since

Assuming max rate of 1 sqn per year so 3 pg and 6 mirage sqn that 9 years starting 2018

Last edited:
there are 5 mirage squadrons (not counting CCS deployment of 10 planes) and 3 PG
i believe by 2020, PAF will retire max of 4 vintage squadrons from this point on - this is on top of 100 blk1/2 examples
by 2020, i expect PAF to have 160 JFT including 2 squadrons of dual seater. this will leave rose mirage to shoulder on the responsibilities and may be 1 -2 squadrons of f-7PG. unless paf buys 1 -2 more f-16 squadrons. in that case all f-7 (all versions) will be gone. but then again 3 -4 mirage squadrons continue to fly into 2020's. may be till 2024.

there are 5 mirage squadrons (not counting CCS deployment of 10 planes) and 3 PG
i believe by 2020, PAF will retire max of 4 vintage squadrons from this point on - this is on top of 100 blk1/2 examples
by 2020, i expect PAF to have 160 JFT including 2 squadrons of dual seater. this will leave rose mirage to shoulder on the responsibilities and may be 1 -2 squadrons of f-7PG. unless paf buys 1 -2 more f-16 squadrons. in that case all f-7 (all versions) will be gone. but then again 3 -4 mirage squadrons continue to fly into 2020's. may be till 2024.
if only block 2 number is 100, otherwise block3 production will start late 2019 per interview and only by 2023 should you expect 150 fighters, not counting the dual seats

@Knuckles , it seems the Air chief is in the driving seat of the Mirage instead of the usual GIBS.

16819064_1542045919158755_3628704723341650597_o.jpg

@Knuckles , it seems the Air chief is in the driving seat of the Mirage instead of the usual GIBS.

View attachment 414448
Naaaah.....notice how both pilots are using the latest oxygen masks and I do know he keeps using his old one from his F-16 days. It could be that this is the jet that he might have flown in before.

Naaaah.....notice how both pilots are using the latest oxygen masks and I do know he keeps using his old one from his F-16 days. It could be that this is the jet that he might have flown in before.
u are 100% right bro..

Unless the JF-17 is fully able to take over the Mirage's standoff and low level dumb precision(the Zarrars have pretty high accuracy at low level with the Dumb retarded bombs) along with fully realizing its SEAD ability; the Mirage is here to stay.
Nothing rides smoother at 100ft like a delta and the mirage is pristine in that.

The block-2s and some of the later build Block-1s can deploy the Chinese glide bombs but we dont have that many in stock to really call them an operational capability. So far neither the F-16 nor the JF-17 has anything in its inventory like the H-2 and RAAD so just to keep that capacity the Mirages are important.

Unless the JF-17 is fully able to take over the Mirage's standoff and low level dumb precision(the Zarrars have pretty high accuracy at low level with the Dumb retarded bombs) along with fully realizing its SEAD ability; the Mirage is here to stay.
Nothing rides smoother at 100ft like a delta and the mirage is pristine in that.

The block-2s and some of the later build Block-1s can deploy the Chinese glide bombs but we dont have that many in stock to really call them an operational capability. So far neither the F-16 nor the JF-17 has anything in its inventory like the H-2 and RAAD so just to keep that capacity the Mirages are important.
I do concur, this appears to be heading in the direction of Mirage IV which had the sole role for deep strike.

Back
Top Bottom