What's new

Bangladesh Interested in JF-17

Bangladeshi govt (at least the current one) can not do any decision that links it in any way to Pakistan..its absolutely impossible for them to procure any defense equipment even remotely linked to Pakistan..the reason is that it still considers pakistan an enemy state unless we accept all responsibility for 1971 event and hand over all the dead or alive bodies of so called traiters and probably pay billions of dollars of in payment..well i think even that wouldnt work as it will kill the awami league as whole..

so put it simple pakistan and bangladesh are like oil and water they cant mix..we dont have a problem on our side its a problem on their side..
so lets not waste anytime, they even cancelled the al zarrar tank upgrade and other minor defence projects..

to be honest buying F-7 these days is stupid and any other option is not cheap enough..the only real cheap multi role aircrft avaliable is FC-1
so you are saying you are not at all responsible. There is a dedicated thread for it. Lets take it there.

see the india bangladesh relationship in politics i was also expecting the same :cheesy: guess what politics aside, bangladeshis and pakistanis have no quarrel

you can exclude india from the equation, well every trade business requires good political environment which means politics can hinder everything good between two nations

dude tell me something, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan -whose politics is not messy. we need leaders with vision who can take us forward.

^^^

That comment won't go easily with the members here. :D

why not!!!
No offense but this is typical bs that appears on website every now and then - Bangladesh cannot afford any modern fighter jets (I mean they had difficulty maintaining few migs..).They cannot even afford JF-17 let alone F-16's or Su series fighter jets. They will probably stick with F-7's (Mig21) until 2020's.

it's not about affording. our economy is good enough. But we want to learn everything from grass root level. It's about want and need. do we want it now? do we need it now? if not now then when? the answer to these questions is given by our milli experts and often the procurement process is hampered by our politicians for obvious reasons.

How does jf17 compare against mig 29 smt? our grass eating commy neighbors have'em, atleast 32 of em.

I guess we can get f-16 for around 25$ million/unit(2nd hand if not new)
a squadrone cost 400$ million,100$ million for the rest maintenance etc etc.
Looks affordable. :smitten:

How does jf17 compare against mig 29 smt? our grass eating commy neighbors have'em, atleast 32 of em.

Well, if you don't wanna go into details then I can tell you in short, JF-17 gives you almost all the things that Mig-29 offers, but with a less cost and yes, JF-17 has better range than Mig-29. There are some fields Mig-29 is better and there are some JFT is better. Russians were concerned about their Mig-29 sales when China and Pakistan started offering JF-17 in the world market. Although both are different league of fighters, JF-17 is a Multi-role fighter so it offers more than Mig-29 in armament.

Bangladesh Should look for atleast 150 Jf-17, If not 100 are also enough for bangladesh Airforce.

India and Pakistan have some wrong idea. It is a joke that India can even dare to hack Bangladeshi Military,forget the Jf-17.
India is eroding and will be kept on the track.

How so? Thats look like impossible!!!

So, who will train BDAF aviators for JF-17s :smokin:

I, personally confirmed the procurement of JF-17s by BD by a BDAF fighter pilot. :)

Dude .... What..... Are u saying BD has committed to JF17s? If so that would run contrary to what others are saying..... I have very little knowledge about such things but BD military is highly secretive about procurement. If what u say is correct what was the logic with getting the Yaks....

Most probably JF17 was our first choice, but as present govt. is not comfortable with it, it went for F7BGI, most probably BNP govt. will try to buy Jf-17 as cost effective fighter

Bogus news posted to create the thread. Original source cited actually said Bangladesh is considering buying some aircraft. There was no mention of JF-17 or any other type. But these bdmilitary inspired propaganda trolls made up the blog story that Bangladesh interested in JF-17.

Although, It would be beneficial to get JF -17

Original source cited:
Bangladesh Defence

I think , if Bangladesh joins China and Pakistani peace initiative triangle , then yes

I think it would make sense to sell 40 JF17 to Bangladesh , provided these planes are not deconstructed or offered for research to India or USA.

It would make sense under China - Pakistan Alliance programs to sell Bangladesh

12 F22P frigates bought from Pakistan
40 JF17 Thunder

We do have strategic national interest just provided Bangladesh residents open up to the chance to work with Pakistan and China on global issues and stand together on join fronts and issues

Or they can purchase a completely different brand from China directly

Otherwise most likely they will be bullied over by Indian Navy unless a proper task force is there to deal with international issues

jf 17 is pak's pride :D

its still better than f 7BGI

trust me for country like BD jf 17 is the best choice

I don't trust you dude, you like pakistan. Its like asking ManU supporter about Rooney!! lool

Back
Top Bottom