What's new

Bangladesh Interested in JF-17

Bangladeshi govt (at least the current one) can not do any decision that links it in any way to Pakistan..its absolutely impossible for them to procure any defense equipment even remotely linked to Pakistan..the reason is that it still considers pakistan an enemy state unless we accept all responsibility for 1971 event and hand over all the dead or alive bodies of so called traiters and probably pay billions of dollars of in payment..well i think even that wouldnt work as it will kill the awami league as whole..

so put it simple pakistan and bangladesh are like oil and water they cant mix..we dont have a problem on our side its a problem on their side..
so lets not waste anytime, they even cancelled the al zarrar tank upgrade and other minor defence projects..

to be honest buying F-7 these days is stupid and any other option is not cheap enough..the only real cheap multi role aircrft avaliable is FC-1

Base price $15 million per unit. With upgrades, could go upto $25 million depending on which upgrades you want.

That price is for PAF procurement, for international customers the price will be well over 35 million per piece considering building of training and maintenance infrastructure. For that price, one can get used F-16 Block 40.

Pakistan should wait till Begum Khaleda Zia is the new PM of Bangladesh before making any JF-17 deals with BD.

Talking of Technological leak, US already bought Sukhoi and Migs for the Upgrade of F-35. I don't know why my fellow Bangladeshis are even talking about regime change! Whatever the regime is, nothing will change.

By the way, up until now JF - 17 is in between F-16 A/B block & F-18 Hornet. The prize of JF-17 is max 25 million and it will get reduced as it is yet a prototype. Everyone is eyeing on built 40 JF-17 prototype, may be used for several ground bombing operations. Then it may get more upgraded or be in laboratory for some technical changes. 35 Million is way too Exaggeration.

Talking of Technological leak, US already bought Sukhoi and Migs for the Upgrade of F-35. I don't know why my fellow Bangladeshis are even talking about regime change! Whatever the regime is, nothing will change.

By the way, up until now JF - 17 is in between F-16 A/B block & F-18 Hornet. The prize of JF-17 is max 25 million and it will get reduced as it is yet a prototype. Everyone is eyeing on built 40 JF-17 prototype, may be used for several ground bombing operations. Then it may get more upgraded or be in laboratory for some technical changes. 35 Million is way too Exaggeration.

If you think it in a way, then 30-35 mil is the most justified price range. Keeping in mind you'll require pilot training, maintenance crew training, simulators, overhauling and maintenance infrastructure, weapons package.

It's not like you'll fly in a plane and start operating from day 1. It needs long term planning as they'll be in your service for couple of decades and will affect your future acquisitions.

Bangladeshi govt (at least the current one) can not do any decision that links it in any way to Pakistan..its absolutely impossible for them to procure any defense equipment even remotely linked to Pakistan..the reason is that it still considers pakistan an enemy state unless we accept all responsibility for 1971 event and hand over all the dead or alive bodies of so called traiters and probably pay billions of dollars of in payment..well i think even that wouldnt work as it will kill the awami league as whole..

so put it simple pakistan and bangladesh are like oil and water they cant mix..we dont have a problem on our side its a problem on their side..
so lets not waste anytime, they even cancelled the al zarrar tank upgrade and other minor defence projects..

to be honest buying F-7 these days is stupid and any other option is not cheap enough..the only real cheap multi role aircrft avaliable is FC-1

Wrong idea.Bangladesh is asking for Sukhoi from Russia. The problem is India feels threatened by Bangladeshi Military. Until now, India lost several Border Conflicts with Bangladesh and even some of them are in Wikipedia like 2001 Border Conflict,as the West got concerned!

If you think it in a way, then 30-35 mil is the most justified price range. Keeping in mind you'll require pilot training, maintenance crew training, simulators, overhauling and maintenance infrastructure, weapons package.

It's not like you'll fly in a plane and start operating from day 1. It needs long term planning as they'll be in your service for couple of decades and will affect your future acquisitions.

Every Air force has different fund for maneuver, exercise & training. It is not a factor at all.

Wrong idea.Bangladesh is asking for Sukhoi from Russia. The problem is India feels threatened by Bangladeshi Military. Until now, India lost several Border Conflicts with Bangladesh and even some of them are in Wikipedia like 2001 Border Conflict,as the West got concerned!

eb6.jpg

Every Air force has different fund for maneuver, exercise & training. It is not a factor at all.

The training you've mentioned is a different thing. The first batch of pilots to operate the new platform has to be sent to the selling country for initial operational training, which lasts for months and sometimes more than a year, which is included in the acquisition cost.

Russians are not that stupid .. they will not allow their engines for BD export cause Bangladesh is their potential customer :pop:

Hmmm....Seeing the Pak-Bangla friendship on PDF I thought all was well! It isn't? Ooops! My bad! :cheesy: :lol:

see the india bangladesh relationship in politics i was also expecting the same :cheesy: guess what politics aside, bangladeshis and pakistanis have no quarrel

you can exclude india from the equation, well every trade business requires good political environment which means politics can hinder everything good between two nations

Back
Top Bottom