What's new

Bangladesh Sizes Up Typhoons for Fighter Requirement

Typhoon running costs are so huge that cetain European nations are getting rid of them

Yes. Exactly!

Typhoons have huge operating costs.
IMO it would be bad idea to buy a fighter jet that is being phased out by UK.

Rafaele is OK but not an ideal choice either,
It's an air superiority beast. I spoke of it as a logical choice for the BAF around three years ago (ask the prominent Bengali members here). I hope you guys get it and then train with the PAF.
How do they compare with J-10Cs?

It's an air superiority beast. I spoke of it as a logical choice for the BAF around three years ago (ask the prominent Bengali members here). I hope you guys get it and then train with the PAF.

Bro, in “beast mode” it can carry 14 Meteors and 2 ASRAAM/IRIS-Ts.

:devil:

Favourably, it's a fantastic machine that has participated in numerous mock battles and in proper combat, and come out tops.
That's not taking anything away from the J-10C, a highly capable plane in that same generation as well.

Last edited:
Favourably, it's a fantastic machine that has participated in numerous mock battles and in proper combat and come out tops.
That's not taking anything away from the J-10C, a highly capable plane in that same generation as well.

Interesting. Always imagined J10C, Rafaele and Typhoons being in the same league. Probably not that much differenc between them overally. Although J10C is cheaper because China have more effecient production bands.

Interesting. Always imagined J10C, Rafaele and Typhoons being in the same league. Probably not that much differenc between them overally. Although J10C is cheaper because China have more effecient production bands.

J-10C and Rafale I'd say give and take, but the Typhoon is literally built to operate in flanker rich skies, survive and inflict air losses to the max.

BAF was well on track to order EFTs but thanks to their historical ADHD, distractions from the US and France put that in jeopardy. If this was BA or BN, we would see EFTs flying in BD colours by now.

J-10C and Rafale I'd say give and take, but the Typhoon is literally built to operate in flanker rich skies, survive and inflict air losses to the max.

Probably also explains why BD is keen on them. Myanmar operate flankers and a conflict with them isnt unlikely.

India too have flankers but conflict with India is unlikely.

Yes. Exactly!

Typhoons have huge operating costs.
IMO it would be bad idea to buy a fighter jet that is being phased out by UK.

Rafaele is OK but not an ideal choice either,

lol - omg - where did you hear that the UK is "phasing out the Typhoons?". Tempest will take another 15 years from now at least - ie flying by 2035+ ... and a few more years before it achieves IOC once it has been debugged.

Typhoons are staying with the RAF for another 20-30 years at least as the last of them was delivered in September 2019 ... with the "world" getting hot as it is right now - you may even seen more Typhoon orders for the RAF. The era of the "peace" dividend it over, you will see major military procurements programmes get fired up after this Ruskie invasion.

The following was the proposal for the Finland offer before they went for the F-35 and Bangladesh can go for this variant which will totally outclass the Rafale by every metric out there.

Typhoon Wide Area Display.jpg

Also - to get the best out of the Eurofighter / Rafale / F16 / Gripen - Bangladesh would need to also consider a AEW&C procurement aswell.

Last edited:

Rafale probably has the edge in electronics and missile(Meteor) whereas the J-10C would be slightly better in aerodynamic performance in the high altitude regime.

Typhoon would dominate the pair in BVR duels.

Rafale probably has the edge in electronics and missile(Meteor) whereas the J-10C would be slightly better in aerodynamic performance in the high altitude regime.

Typhoon would dominate the pair in BVR duels.

PL-15 and AESA radar come with the J-10C but I see where you are coming from.
Yes the Typhoon edges it.

PL-15 and AESA radar come with the J-10C but I see where you are coming from.
Yes the Typhoon edges it.

Once the UK Mk. 2 AESA radar is ready by 2025, then we are talking about a whole new level of capability.

BAe claims that this would be the world’s most advanced fighter AESA radar and combined with EFT airframe and powerful EJ-2000 engines, I cannot see how any other 4+ gen fighter would have more than a slim chance of beating EFT in air duels.

Back
Top Bottom