What's new

Bal Thackeray wants burqa banned

Burqa is a part of Islam and anybody questioning it is questioning ISLAM....as for islam as a religion well it gave rights to women in a time when no one else was giving them

as for MUSLIMS...the christian NUNS where similar attire but are never questioned....if a woman wears burqa i respect her she doesn't i still do....because i have seen all types of women it is THEIR personality not their dressing that portrays her character!!

as for banning burqa for minors well in islam minors don't need to wear burqa so ban it or not no problem with that!!!

and besides when we talk about BANNING.... i think the jews,sikhs,christians everyone should be targeted equally after all we are CIVILIZED MODERN 21ST CENTURY people who believe in EQUALITY,LIBERTY

Burqua is not part of islam. just find out the reason for burqa and then ask you self do we need to have burqa in this modern scoeity ?:pop:

btw quran naver talk about burqa so you just dont know facts.

my friend you have no idea about islam do you....you want to know about burqa in islam read surrah AN NISA.....you will know but being a non muslim you won't understand

the translation goes something like this may allah forgive me if i am quoting anything wrong

O my prophet tell your daughters,mothers,wifes...when they leave the house they cover their face...

well security concerns can be looked at in the pagree of sikhs...or inside the hat of the JEWS....right???

as for seperating the two you can't it is an integral part of islam....we saw how the christians made a mockrey of religion by continous separation...

The face is visible under a turban or a hat.

Incidently, would a muslim lady wearing a Hijab be found fault with as the face is visible.

well like i said a weapon can be carried as well in the pagree & in the hat....so hiding a face or wearing a hat or a pagree is an equal security threat!!!!

well like i said a weapon can be carried as well in the pagree & in the hat....so hiding a face or wearing a hat or a pagree is an equal security threat!!!!

What abt lady in Hijab.. is she un islamic ?

hijab well islamically it is debatable...

The debate is regarding 2 ayats in QURAN. One you have mentioned above. The other is not assertive regarding covering of face. But I have mentioned above that the HAJ dress code is there for centuries thats why some fiqah allow women to reveal there face.
In short ISLAM restricts women to reveal themselves as flashy or attractive.

yes piety and modesty is the way of ISLAM.....and men are supposed to respect that....

..and while we are on this subject could we also analyse if muslim ladies who chose not to wear either a Hijab or a Burka could be deemed un islamic ?

well they are unislamic....however I am no one to judge because i am unislamic infact currently everyone is either unislamic or is OVER islamic.....

but yes these are some basics...

well they are unislamic....however I am no one to judge because i am unislamic infact currently everyone is either unislamic or is OVER islamic.....

but yes these are some basics...

Well said.

The point I'd like to make is that we need to take things a little lightly.

None of us follow rules & go by the book. From the moment we wake up till we sleep we break / bend rules all day - be it office rules, traffic rules, parking rules, marriage rules ( most of us have a glad eye !), rules of parent hood, friendship.. the list is endless.

Even in our sleep most of us possibly break rules by dreaming of ' forbidden' things.

So, why pontificate when we ourselves are only human ?

Burqa is a part of Islam and anybody questioning it is questioning ISLAM....

WRONG how can it be part of islam when it pre-dates it ? Tell me if this is true then where in the koran is the word "burqa" mentioned where does it say that women must cover their whole face and hands ?
are you also saying the scholars of al-azhar the most prestigious islamic university are questioning islam ? I agree definetly hijab is a must but not burqa.Islam tell you to dress modestly and cover your body and hide your hair not your face and identity.

correct THIRD eye...but the only difference is that we know we are doing something wrong...we should respect someone who is doing something right that we aren't.....i might be the WORSE muslim & a human being on this planet but....

i will never ever pass a judgment against who is trying to do some right... i will encourage him/her respect him/her.....

so if someone wears a burqa good very good they are sticking to something they see as correct and right....if they discard it still there own choice....

@khanz please read suraa AN NISA and you will have your answer......

I have a basic question for all members here...Hindus and Muslims....about the topic of "What is a good muslim"...."What is a good Hindu".....Who defines what a good muslim or Hindu does? Could god have come down himself and commanded that all Muslim women should wear Burqa and that Hindus should consider cows holy?

These are laws and rules created by Priests and religious leaders of an era gone, maybe even a backward era that wanted to impose their power and control on a people who at that point in time might have needed these rules to define themselves.....
We are in the modern era, an age of globalization where we cannot follow medieval laws without questioning them.....We will only progress if our religion progresses with us.....All laws (religious or social) need to change according to the people!

And I for one feel religion only gives you the strength and faith to survive.....does not ensure survival... So being a good muslim according to the Hadith and Koran or a good Hindu following the vedas makes no sense....
Since people, civilizations, kings, kingdoms...all survived and flourished before the advent of religion....and did so for a long time....

Was there no god then? Who protected our ancestors who lived lives vastly different from what our current religion tells us?

I for one hate looking at everything through the prism of religion.....Lets talk about what a good human being should do.....
So friends how about we look at the Burqa situation from a Human perspective...maybe even from a societies point of view where one might need them and analyze its effectiveness?

Back
Top Bottom