What's new

Debating the Burqa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds very much like what Hitler would say, no? I have no problems with Christians and Muslims.....He met many even!

So what are your cultures and history? Destroying ancient Roman temples? Yea I saw the pitiful eyesore of the coliseum and the Roman forum next door where only 2 Roman temples stood....

I took a guided tour of the Vatican and well, they boasted how the early Christians broke all the temples so please dont deny your destructive nature ;)

We were also told how Leonardo was "inspired" by the pagan culutr that he included it in his drawings (adulterated the religion) esp the ceiling of Sistine chapel where he portrays god the same looking as Zeus and included saints like the pagan culture that was Roman's history......

So please do tell me what culture belongs to you?

Do you even know the basics of history where your culture was about slaves, about showing your richness, about being elaborate and lets not even start how you guys persecuted Jesus?!

Not sure how much darker anyone can get from there!

Oh BTW, Lucca is very small town as compared to Florence!

You are the one being the enemy by preaching hatred like hitler...Kindly do practice what you preach! Do tell me how a woman covering her OWN BODY is offensive to you?

And why isnt it offensive and against italian then? I thought hiding thing face was foreign? Hypocrisy at its best...I do it ..its fine you do it, its wrong! THAT is the very core definition of a hypocrite!

Tell that to America

America Created Al-Qaeda and the ISIS Terror Group | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

How America Made ISIS | Tom Engelhardt

Its fine if someone covers his body. Its normal. But you don´t hide your face. Its that easy.

Let me ask you something. Can a fully covered islamic women be part and take part in italian culture and society? Can she openly engage with all other italians? Can she share our culture? Can she be part of us? Can she celebrate our customs and can she stand for italy and be proud for it? Defend our nation and values?

How can she counter the gigantic mistrust she faces? The fact that people look after her and distrust her? The fact that children get scared and that she alienates all others?

And can my own girl walk with a normal armani dress in Islamabad without problem? I doubt it.

And you ask what italian culture is? Its what formed us. Our greek roots, our roman empire, the catholic church and city states. The renaissance and venetian kingdows. Garibaldi and that forms our national identity. Which is diverse and rich.

I am not denying it...I am asking about those who choose to don it....why deny them their rights?

Please ONLY talk about yourself!

You see, in Europe you have more freedom you lack the "what will people say" attitude....sure its there as peer pressure but not everyone collapese to it

Your very post depicts hatred why should I even bother to say anything to someone with a set mind?

good to know

For you its shit coz you cant respect it....

Now that is their problem...I have no authority to make people think otherwise! It is up to them if they want to paint everything broadly and stereotype based on their phobia or take an individual as an individual!

A small question out of curiosity. .why are the burqas of same style and black in color..or blue if the woman is in Afghanistan?...like a uniform..If the purpose was to cover oneself fully...at least have some color options. Besides in 45 degrees celcius humid weather..I don't think it's a comfortable black outfit to be in.

One more...In Indian sunni Muslim areas..even girls of 6 years old are covered in burqas?..I don't see how can a girl of around 6 can have a self inclination to cover herself in black.

A small question out of curiosity. .why are the burqas of same style and black in color..or blue if the woman is in Afghanistan?...like a uniform..If the purpose was to cover oneself fully...at least have some color options. Besides in 45 degrees celcius humid weather..I don't think it's a comfortable black outfit to be in.
Honestly speaking I dont know why they are as such....I am not for burqa....But I am more for the personal choice of a woman...If she doesnt question it and chooses it I have no say in it as it doesnt concern me nor effects me...And surprisingly I have met some converts who chose it- not the black or blue burqa but to cover their face....If they feel they are pleasing god, then who am I to come in between them and god?

One more...In Indian sunni Muslim areas..even girls of 6 years old are covered in burqas?..I don't see how can a girl of around 6 can have a self inclination to cover herself in black.
Well, that is india now isnt it? They even have mosques where women arent allowed (in Pakistan too) and I am against that too...for that is really imposing and restricting women and that is a very misogynist mindset !

Because teh Burqa is pushed on women from weak men. Men who must be scared their women would run away. The Burqa itself is the symbol if weaklings. Imagine how pathetic someone must be to hide his girl. Its a symbol of weakness, inferiority complex and desperation.

The Burqa is not islamic. It is never mentioned in the Quran.

It should be banned from Islamic societies for it is nothing more than a human innovation and a sexist once at that.

Not unless you are the fukin monarch of italy...

We are a democracy. :) I know the concept of democracy is unknown in your part of the world. The majority in italy is against burqas and all that it stands for. So laws are made from politicians who are elected from the people to ban those things.

We are a democracy. :) I know the concept of democracy is unknown in your part of the world. The majority in italy is against burqas and all that it stands for. So laws are made from politicians who are elected from the people to ban those things.
Really i mean last time i checked my country was a parliamentry democracy

Burqa has no place in europe and its good that it gets banned in more and more. Its a core value in europe to see the face of the person you talk too.

You don´t like it? GTFO of europe.

No one is asking you. :rofl:

But you don´t hide your face. Its that easy.
Why should your opinion matter about what they do their bodies? its their and they have every right to it like every man with a tattoo or earing has rights to his body...

Let me ask you something. Can a fully covered islamic women be part and take part in italian culture and society?
How does her covering forbid her from taking part? Unless your society advocates nudity which it doesnt! So how is it a problem?

Can she openly engage with all other italians?
Why cant she? Have you ever talked to one or have you been scared and fed with unwarranted fear to ever try?

Can she share our culture?
What is your culture? I asked you that already!

Can she be part of us?
Define this us? North of Italy is not even Italian they speak German there and identify with Austria...South of Italy has enough hair to pass as Africans ....so what is you? How homogeneous are you? From the full length of the country your food differs from Polenta to different types and forms of pasta to spicy food like arrabbiata ....So what is us?

Can she celebrate our customs and can she stand for italy and be proud for it? Defend our nation and values?
Why cant she and what are your values again? Discrimination as you preach here? Is that part of your values? Racism against a nation or religion, is that your values?

How can she counter the gigantic mistrust she faces?
With narrow minded people like you, she prob cant! But when you question, doesnt it become your responsibility to allow it to know if she can or not? And why mistrust? What has she done to you? She only covered her face which is hers not yours!

The fact that children get scared and that she alienates all others?
You scare them....Media reports scare them...No child is born racist nor is any child born judgmental it is men who teaches their children all this!

And can my own girl walk with a normal armani dress in Islamabad without problem? I doubt it.
Why should there be a problem? Why do you doubt it? In Islamabad we have literally more foreign looking and wanna be people than in villages/ towns so it is nothing new!

These are the youth of Islamabad:

1000628_10201351400605769_952553238_n.jpg

1452221_10151735816758869_1631394656_n.jpg

pakistani-students.jpg

You will also see these:

stock-photo-islamabad-pakistan-oct-veiled-women-supporters-of-jamat-e-islami-ji-listen-speech-of-their-62913184.jpg

Here is a mixed picture of diversity:

VinacciaIslamabad.jpg

Get out of your phobia dont eat everything the media feeds you!

Its fine if someone covers his body. Its normal. But you don´t hide your face. Its that easy.

Let me ask you something. Can a fully covered islamic women be part and take part in italian culture and society? Can she openly engage with all other italians? Can she share our culture? Can she be part of us? Can she celebrate our customs and can she stand for italy and be proud for it? Defend our nation and values?

How can she counter the gigantic mistrust she faces? The fact that people look after her and distrust her? The fact that children get scared and that she alienates all others?

And you ask what italian culture is? Its what formed us. Our greek roots, our roman empire, the catholic church and city states. The renaissance and venetian kingdows. Garibaldi and that forms our national identity. Which is diverse and rich.
Depends on what kind of Armani dress are we taking here

Yes AND I also cherry picked and showed you what it is ALSO made of - coz you brought in history...Didnt you guys crucified Jesus? Also part of your history no matter what you say....Your new Christians also mixed pagan with Christinaity even in the Sistine chapel and also your people are the very people who destroyed Roman temples!

Imagine how pathetic someone must be to hide his girl.
I am not sure how pathetic one must be to parade her like a show cow in a contest! :o:

Honestly speaking I dont know why they are as such....I am not for burqa....But I am more for the personal choice of a woman...If she doesnt question it and chooses it I have no say in it as it doesnt concern me nor effects me...And surprisingly I have met some converts who chose it- not the black or blue burqa but to cover their face....If they feel they are pleasing god, then who am I to come in between them and god?

Well, that is india now isnt it? They even have mosques where women arent allowed (in Pakistan too) and I am against that too...for that is really imposing and restricting women and that is a very misogynist mindset !

I am a bit surprised that you don't know..my guess would be either black on women has some significance in Islam or its adorned so that women look unattractive to other men.

The objections to the burqa are a bit valid in some way..You never know who's behind the burqa...and honestly, it's a bit off putting..I haven't communicated to a burqa wearing woman ever in my life. ..even though I see hundreds of them a day, I guess that's one of the reasons - so that strangers don't talk to their women.

Though. .The women of course have the right to wear what they want.

We have a woman soccer team with no discrimination now that is civilized!

10622814_10154460293560234_4003551139528428728_n.jpg

Not discriminating people based on their belief

Frankly speaking most burqa wearers i know wear it as a statement its a way for them too sort of display their religiosity

We have a woman soccer team with no discrimination now that is civilized!

10622814_10154460293560234_4003551139528428728_n.jpg

Not discriminating people based on their belief
SAFF women football 2014 Islamabad
Team Pakistan
034-550x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom