What's new

Bal Thackeray wants burqa banned

Why isn't the old crap of dying?......so many young,brave and talented people die leaving us mourning.......but why does this type of bastard dont die??..........wicked a§§h¤¿€!!!

You moron, the Burqa is NOT of Wahabi culture! Get a life!

we never had Burqa in Pakistan until the fall-out from the war against the soviets --when afghan refugees began pouring in

I already have a life, otherwise I wouldnt be breathing right now.

I am against Wahabism, but your ignorance is intolerable! Shame on you!

i think you missed a key point in my last post.

I said:

in democratic society's (true ones) people should be allowed to wear it if they truly WANT TO.

I personally prefer they dont, but who am i to say

in other words --- i offered an opinion, but then countered it because I value democratic ideals whereby PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO CHOOSE

The burqa dates back to the early days of Islam, the Caliphate.

Great. And it's 2009/1430 now.

If you don't like it, good for you, you obviously have more problems to deal with! And getting pissed off won't affect the women in any way, so keep your hatred to yourself!

As i firmly stand by my policy of not imposing my will on others, I think I'll be just fine. I am free of hatred.

I am guessing that you are a Shia... And I may disagree with various Shi'ite practices like Matam, Mutah, and Taqiyyah, but I'm not spreading hatred against it.

I'm a Muslim. Alhamdolillah.

Once again, you are entitled to your own beliefs and I am entitled to my own.

For the record, wearing the Burqa is not required in the Quran; it is the right of the woman to choose whether she wants to wear it or not.

Neither I, nor you, nor anybody else has the right to tell somebody what he/she must wear.

Allah --- Al Rahman, Al Raheem SWT --- sees everything. No need for external intervention unless necessitated in extreme cases.

Well you are obviously ignorant, judging by your comments.

You Indians should first ban the red dot on the heads of Hindus, and the Turbans for Sikhs before thinking about banning the burqa.

I know India is a fascist state, and your desires might come true, but I doubt the 150 million+ Muslims of India will take it easy!

Mind your own business... You have no right to tell us what to do or not. It is our religion, and if you force your ideology on us, your actions will be countered severely!

My objection against burqua has nothing to do with religion.

I feel its against the basic human rights of a women. And your objections on our support for burqa ban is what i believe coming from blind faith.

And as i said i dont like thackarey and the way he adovcated the points, but i support the points raised by thackarey.

While your at it, you can tie a Sikh-Turban around his throat and make him sing your national anthem while drowning. :agree:

And to make sure he doesn't come afloat you could also attach a stone-idol of Shiva to his hands.

Dont bring Gods into this. I hate Thakray but I do respect his religion and have outmost respect for other people's religion.

Spoken like a true secular who knows little about Islam or what the Burqa stands for.

If you don't like the burqa then don't wear one, but you have no right to put down these courageous and righteous women who wear the burqa, because I am pretty sure that they couldn't care less about what people like you think or feel about it!

Well than perhaps you can share your superior knowledge with me?

I am not against women who want to wear a burqa, I just think it is an extreme way of dressing. In addition, I think women wouldn't want to dress like that, it is mostly forced upon them. Personally, I think a good old shalwar kameez and dupatta is just fine, but I have no problem with people who have a different interpretation. Notice that the burqa is more commonly worn in parts of Pakistan where women have less freedom and men are more dominant relative to other parts of the country. Coincidence?

Dupatta with Shalwaar kameez looks lovely, and it is as "effective" (in absence of a better word) as burqa

burqa is ugly -- but once again, that's my personal humble opinion

let people decide what they want to wear......not taleban type jerk-off hypocrites who say one thing --- but obcess about sex and and **** while nobody is watching them.

i call such people cowards who hide behind their beards

Burqa is purely wahhaby cultural phenonmenon. In Pakistan (and the Muslim women of bharat) most women don't wear it -- and I'm damn proud of that fact

I dont know about Bharat, I never been there, but women in Pakistan do wear Burqas. Once you travel west of Islamabad, most women wear Burqas. Not only in our western provinces do women wear Burqas but even in my ancestral village in Punjab you will see some women wearing Burqas.

This is a very sensitive issue, and I think it should be a women's choice.

BTW, I could care less if they ban it in Bharat, as long as it doesn't affect my homeland.

Dupatta with Shalwaar kameez looks lovely, and it is as "effective" (in absence of a better word) as burqa

burqa is ugly -- but once again, that's my personal humble opinion

let people decide what they want to wear......not taleban type jerk-off hypocrites who say one thing --- but obcess about sex and and **** while nobody is watching them.

i call such people cowards who hide behind their beards
Your ignorance speaks for itself!

And the burqa was made so that people like yourself could keep their glaring eyes to themselves, or atleast away from those who don't want them near them.

Funny how you isolate all religious Muslims as "Wahabis" and "Taliban"

Like I said earlier, I am against those people. But I am also against people like yourself who have the dirty mentality of a secular-fascist!

The burqa is beauty, alhamdulillah!

Doing something for the love of Allah is beauty!

You obviously don't know the meaning of a burqa in the first place!

Like I said earlier, just because you are a Shia, doesn't give you the right to spread hatred against Islamic (Sunni) practices!

Your ignorance speaks for itself!

And the burqa was made so that people like yourself could keep their glaring eyes to themselves, or atleast away from those who don't want them near them.

Funny how you isolate all religious Muslims as "Wahabis" and "Taliban"

Like I said earlier, I am against those people. But I am also against people like yourself who have the dirty mentality of a secular-fascist!

The burqa is beauty, alhamdulillah!

Doing something for the love of Allah is beauty!

You obviously don't know the meaning of a burqa in the first place!

Like I said earlier, just because you are a Shia, doesn't give you the right to spread hatred against Islamic (Sunni) practices!

Burkha is nothing but the male Dominance over women, Since old age Man tries to Dominate women in various ways in every religion.

Previously in No religion women given equal status as man. But now as the time changes women getting equal rights as man.

Westerner society taken an lead in this, while some people fear of losing their dominance on women that's why they promote it in order to keep their dominance.

Like Taliban is a good example of it. In india , child Marriage is also a good example of this.

Even women like to wear good clothes and do things, and they have every right , no matter what religion it may be

Burkha is nothing but the male Dominance over women, Since old age Man tries to Dominate women in various ways in every religion.

Previously in No religion women given equal status as man. But now as the time changes women getting equal rights as man.

Westerner society taken an lead in this, while some people fear of losing their dominance on women that's why they promote it in order to keep their dominance.

Like Taliban is a good example of it. In india , child Marriage is also a good example of this.

Even women like to wear good clothes and do things, and they have every right , no matter what religion it may be

Incorrect! Burqa is a sign of modesty, and is an integral Islamic practice!

Islam is the FIRST religion to give equal rights to women, Alhamdulillah!

Man after looking at stuff recently in India, I can see the reasons for muslims get mad and ultimatly for Gazwae hind, Day by day the moods are changing, The atmosphere is becoming more favorable for the predictions, It'ss funny that how God plans and implements it. now things like this we need in India, like Burqa ban etc, we have close to 200 million muslims in Pakistan 100 millions in bangla which adds up to 300 then 170 millions in india or maybe more as they claim, everything adds upto close to 500 millions vs 800 millions!!! It shows that big power is playing some game, which will lead into Gazwa-e-hind. " this post was only for Pakistani, indian or bangali MUSLIMS since it was a religous believe so no butting please, Thanks"

Well i will disagree with you over your points since Islam gives all the rights to women, such as education,fashion,work,choice of marriage,equal or more inheritage, All is given by Islam, Dominance has no room. Burqa is a symbol which is good. Islam ask women to cover their body as to men so what's the problem. Forcing muslim women not to practice religious dress is also a form or oppression. It's like telling sardars not to wear That thing on the top etc. This world is getting so sick honestly it's sad:undecided: :angry::pakistan:

Hey.. i am not a big fan of thackarey,but i completely agree with the two points he raised, ban burqua and uniform civil code. Even though banning burqua i dont think its feasible in a developing countries like ours, where there are large chunk of uneducated religous fanatics be it hindu or muslim or christians(well educated fanatics in their case). However samna is a paper which isnt even worth wrapping sabsi. But i support ban on burqua and uniform civil code all the way.
uniform civil code and ban burkha have nothing in common.

Why do YOU want to force what Muslims can and cannot wear?

uniform civil code and ban burkha have nothing in common.

Two issues are separate, and i support it separately.

Why do YOU want to force what Muslims can and cannot wear?

Its not specific to Muslims, but i do not support any kinda practice which asks or forces or willingly cover up a person when they are in public place and in general. Since burqa is used by Muslims its obvious that people have a feeling that people are against them. See same is the case with any practice which is wrong and have to be done away with. We should not look a situation through the prism of religion.

Two issues are separate, and i support it separately.

Its not specific to Muslims, but i do not support any kinda practice which asks or forces or willingly cover up a person when they are in public place and in general. Since burqa is used by Muslims its obvious that people have a feeling that people are against them. See same is the case with any practice which is wrong and have to be done away with. We should not look a situation through the prism of religion.

What are you talking about? Forcing people not to practice their religion????:woot: Thanks god Man we are in Pakistan where hindu sikhs jews etc all can prectice their religion, I mean by state and these people are given proper rights Mashah Allah, Farance is a country which wants to get attention in the world but if india practice this sicko guy's "takeray" suggestion then god help India, I like this ask why? Gazwa-e-hind:smitten:

Back
Top Bottom