What's new

Babak Zanjani, Iranian billionaire, arrested

Parthianshot

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
If you asking me every islamist in that leach regime needs to be executed.

PressTV - Iranian billionaire Zanjani arrested : Judiciary

Iranian Prosecutor General and Judiciary Spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei says Iranian billionaire Babak Zanjani has been arrested on alleged corruption charges.

The Monday arrest comes after 12 Iranian lawmakers accused Babak Zanjani of corruption, calling for an inquiry into his financial activities in a letter to the heads of the three branches of the Iranian government.

Experts say Babak Zanjani’s estimated net worth is around USD 13.8 billion. The corporate mogul, aged nearly 40, owns and operates many holdings and companies, including the UAE-based Sorinet group, Qeshm Airlines and Rah Ahan Football Club in Iran.

According to Head of Iran’s Supreme Audit Court Amin-Hossein Rahimi, Zanjani’s role in the course of transferring the country’s oil revenues involved breach of law.

“After sanctions were imposed against the National Iranian Oil Company, Iran had to export oil and they gave Babak Zanjani the task of exporting some of this oil worth around USD 3.0003 billion. The problem is that they were supposed to get collateral from him by law and this was not done. This is a violation,” Rahimi said in a press conference.

Some parliamentarians agree that simply putting this much money at the disposal of one individual without any collateral is unacceptable and former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his cabinet had had better alternatives.

Some other lawmakers believe Zanjani is part of a mafia that makes financial benefits out of the sanctions imposed against Iran.

“Zanjani is not alone. There is a network of individuals. They are getting rich out of people’s misery caused by sanctions. There is corruption here,” said Iranian legislator Mohammad Reza Tabesh

no one will ever ask a tard racist person anything .....
Hey my people werent the ones to massacre 1 million armenian men, woman and children, those were your people, ya toork racist.

Turkish meadia said he is trading Partner of Reza Zarrab, a Iranian Azerbaijani who got arrested a few weeks ago during anti corruption operation in Turkey.

Do you think it has something to do with raids in Turkey?

Turkish meadia said he is trading Partner of Reza Zarrab, a Iranian Azerbaijani who got arrested a few weeks ago during anti corruption operation in Turkey.

Do you think it has something to do with raids in Turkey?

Thanks for bringing this interesting subject into discussion. In Iranian media, they try not to open the discussion about Zarrab, and his connection to Zanjani. This link is from a turkish guy from middle eastern studies center in Ankara interviewing with VOA persian about your question:
(in persian language)

The Turkish researcher says that Zarrab has confessed that his boss is Zanjani. There is a theory which says that some people in a part of Iranian government have started this mess in Turkey in order to remove zanjani and his band, since he is no longer useful for them. Another reason can be revenging some people in turkish government for their stance about Syria in the meanwhile. notice that this interview is done 5 days ago( and before capturing Zanjani.) ;)
In my opinion, it is a little bit soon to conclude about it. we need to wait a few more days for more information to be exposed, specially from Iran regarding this issue.
But, based on my knowledge about mullahs, I am more inclined to accept that there has been a scheme before this mess gets started ;)

@xenon54
The video that I shared in my previous post is very interesting, if you have any friend who can translate it for you, I highly suggest you to do so. The video is very long, unless I would have translate it for you by myself.
If you could find the translated version of the below video, it would be interesting as well:

@xenon54
The video that I shared in my previous post is very interesting, if you have any friend who can translate it for you, I highly suggest you to do so. The video is very long, unless I would have translate it for you by myself.
If you could find the translated version of the below video, it would be interesting as well:
Well, i have nobody to translate, how about @iranigirl2 ? :D

Just joking.

Yeah we are hearing about him a lot thanks to Reza Zarrab issue in corruption operations in Turkey.

My understanding is these two were the key people of secret trade between Turkey and Iran(sanctions), Reza in Turkey, Babak in Iran, but of course them, and many other people involved in this issue were getting huge chunks of their own cuts from that trade money.

Reason behind these operations in Turkey is clear, but wonder why he's charged in Iran, I thought despite doing many dirty stuff, I thought by doing underway trade he was beneftting Iran.

Yeah we are hearing about him a lot thanks to Reza Zarrab issue in corruption operations in Turkey.

My understanding is these two were the key people of secret trade between Turkey and Iran(sanctions), Reza in Turkey, Babak in Iran, but of course them, and many other people involved in this issue were getting huge chunks of their own cuts from that trade money.

Reason behind these operations in Turkey is clear, but wonder why he's charged in Iran, I thought despite doing many dirty stuff, I thought by doing underway trade he was beneftting Iran.

Everything is mafia-style down there.. either he took too much money for himself or he is being sacrificed for the public so everybody can see how much "law and order" there is. Maybe someone in the country can elaborate

Last edited:

He was arrested because of being accused of holding almost two billion dollars in oil revenue meant to be channelled through his company. So it is pretty much as @Esfand said.

BBC News - Iranian billionaire Babak Zanjani 'arrested'

4435726-do-not-see-it-hear-nothing-nothing-to-say-a-man-on-a-white-background.jpg

@Targon @xenon54
The problem is that Zanjani was in Ahamdinejad Band, and they had a bad conflict with Larijani brothers band(head of parliment and judiciary systems) about buying companies of social security organization of Iran. Now, Ahmadinejad is no longer in power, and maybe a mafia is revenging another one ;) It has nothing to do with "national interests" of Iran, it's all about mafia bands.

no , i am azeri but looks like some people dont like it . even some iranian members :crazy:

am talking about real iranians not this racist @Parthianshot :p:

he is the ataturk of iranian section :D
@haman10
I believe you are talking about me, since I told you in a PM that I don't think that you are a turk, and I said please stop introducing yourself as a turk(Azeri).

PS. Thanks for changing "ataturk" to "atatwolf", since every azeri, does not matter how bad his turkish language is, knows the meanings and connotations of the words "Ata", and "Turk" and "Ataturk". Anyway, in persian, people say:
آفتاب آمد دلیل آفتاب

Anyway, let it go...

Last edited:
zarab worked for zanjani and zanjani busted because he was a member of ahmadinejad team and now ahmadinejad has no power

Back
Top Bottom