What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Basically only argument you bring, Armenia's defences is unbreachable, there is no way they can win, I'm getting tired from these overconfident arguments coming from Armenians at all over the net, Armenia is a poor, small country with a poor military, you have nothing to have that confidence, only thing keeps safe you is Russia, I'm being objective here, neither Azerbaijan has a decent army or fully combat ready personel but you're ignoring every detail and just keep repeating Armenia undefeatable, nobody is undefeatable, we're discuissing the possibilities but only the real action will show the capacities of two armies.

Basically only argument you bring, Armenia's defences is unbreachable, there is no way they can win, I'm getting tired from these overconfident arguments coming from Armenians at all over the net, Armenia is a poor, small country with a poor military, you have nothing to have that confidence, only thing keeps safe you is Russia, I'm being objective here, neither Azerbaijan has a decent army or fully combat ready personel but you're ignoring every detail and just keep repeating Armenia undefeatable, nobody is undefeatable, we're discuissing the possibilities but only the real action will show the capacities of two armies.

Armenia has the most combat-ready army in the Caucasus. Armenia's defenses on the frontline are unbreachable FOR AZERBAIJAN given their combat-preparedness.

Armenia has not seen any combat since that war, there is NO reason to presume Armenia is better then the other countries.

As I said there is no army undefeatable or no defence unbreachable, don't talk like you have the ability to see future, look to history for the results of that.

Armenia has not seen any combat since that war, there is NO reason to presume Armenia is better then the other countries.

As I said there is no army undefeatable or no defence unbreachable, don't talk like you have the ability to see future, look to history for the results of that.

NO, I have absolute confidence that Armenia's army IS better prepared. My logic is Armenia has experienced victory, has higher morale, the mountain advantage, and therefore has the overall edge. Your twisted, nonsensical logic says that because there has not been war for 20 years, Armenia has magically lost all of the aforementioned traits and loser Azerbaijan now has advantage.

NO, I have absolute confidence that Armenia's army IS better prepared. My logic is Armenia has experienced victory, has higher morale, the mountain advantage, and therefore has the overall edge. Your twisted, nonsensical logic says that because there has not been war for 20 years, Armenia has magically lost all of the aforementioned traits and loser Azerbaijan now has advantage.
During WW1 age high ground/ mountain advantage was an advantage. Nowadays with help of artillery and air force they can bomb you out of your position. It is hardly an advantage anymore. So don't be so arrogant. When the time comes you will see it.

During WW1 age high ground/ mountain advantage was an advantage. Nowadays with help of artillery and air force they can bomb you out of your position. It is hardly an advantage anymore. So don't be so arrogant. When the time comes you will see it.

Spoken like a true 10-year-old:lol:

Even 10 years ago profile of the Turkish army was far different, everything changes, a victory from 20 years ago doesn't mean you will face the exactly same circumstances today, again I suggest you to read history.

Mountains today a slight advantage but not gives a unbreachable defence, every tactic has a counter tactic, its all ends on the proper use.

Even 10 years ago profile of the Turkish army was far different, everything changes, a victory from 20 years ago doesn't mean you will face the exactly same circumstances today, again I suggest you to read history.

Mountains today a slight advantage but not gives a unbreachable defence, every tactic has a counter tactic, its all ends on the proper use.
In the past, high ground had a major advantage. With the coming of artillery and air strikes, high ground lost its advantage it used to have. In a possible war if Armenia is going to desperately hold on to its high ground it will be bombed to submission or get annihilated.

Another war in Caucasus would be a disaster for all neighboring countries,Armenia and Azerbaijan.
This time,it would claim much more lives than it did in 90s.I hope it never happen.

There is a special word in military terminoloji. It is "counter/engage". At a likely war, If one side is investing for increadible war machines to increase the technological capabilities, While otherside is desperately waiting for his destiny, We can not talk about a countering or balancing enemy. Hiding in the deep of mountains to benefit the terrain advantageous don't make any sense in 21. century war environment.

Today's AT and Anti personnel missiles, artillery have tech. enough to hit a small object from km's aways Even If their CEP rates may occur some differences. The most important thing to destroy the enemy is detection. That's why Azerbaijan army is investing too much money for acquiring UAV's, satellites, attack helicopters...etc

A very important point indeed Cabatli, DETECTION and ENGAGE, day/night. And both is achieved today at highest level thanks to modern technologies. Azerbaijan achieves that ability by procurement of new systems and modernization of the old.

Cannot say that Armenia has made much of achievement in that regard.

While otherside is desperately waiting for his destiny, We can not talk about a countering or balancing enemy. Hiding in the deep of mountains to benefit the terrain advantageous don't make any sense in 21. century war environment.

You had better hope for the sake of you "brothers" in Azerbaijan that Azeri officials do not share your perspective. You need to shed this mentality about Armenian inactivity. Armenia constantly holds military drills on its territory and NKR, and is constantly acquiring modern weaponry. As for the other part, having your defenses in mountains (especially the Caucasus mountains) will ALWAYS provide an advantage, no matter the gains in technology. Besides, Armenia isn't that far being in hardware anyway...

Can someone suggest a good book on the Azerbaycan and Armenia conflict?

Black Garden: Armenia and Azerbaijan Through Peace and War (by Thomas de Waal).

You had better hope for the sake of you "brothers" in Azerbaijan that Azeri officials do not share your perspective. You need to shed this mentality about Armenian inactivity. Armenia constantly holds military drills on its territory and NKR, and is constantly acquiring modern weaponry. As for the other part, having your defenses in mountains (especially the Caucasus mountains) will ALWAYS provide an advantage, no matter the gains in technology. Besides, Armenia isn't that far being in hardware anyway...

Black Garden: Armenia and Azerbaijan Through Peace and War (by Thomas de Waal).

If you don't follow up to date technology we mentioned and rely on other countries helps and bases, deluding yourself with terrain profile advantages and army propagandas such as "unbreachable frontlines", While We are talking about latest generation howitzers, AT missiles, artillery rockets, attack helicopters, strategic collaborations...etc, I advice you to start begging Allah for help at a likely war.

Like others said, Armenian army is laughable. Russia is only card Armenia can play. From what I understand Russia sees Armenia as an disposable asset. It is only a matter of time, it will depose of Armenia for their own benefit. Now Armenia is only a burden for Russia. This was historically the case that Russia ditched Armenia and it will happen again. Everybody who has knowledge on this matter knows this will happen sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom