What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Of course you have :) my point was that Cobra's ballistic and mine protection can still protect Azeri troops from many of your weapons, be it ballistic or explosive so it's NOT irrelevant. Because it was non-operational
You do constantly boast about your defenses in Azerbaycan territory you are so confident that they are unbreachable and im telling you they are not, I don't need to actually see them :)

You see, Greeks were very confident too but this, is an old Turkish tank that climbed an impossible hill to kill them :)
k23gr.jpg

There is not point in arguing whether or not Cobras will be useful in a potential war. All that we know is that they were essentially useless against the Russians, so I don't see why anything should change now.

I believe that they are unbreachable BECAUSE I've been to the frontline. You would think so as well if you had been on the front. Your "gut feeling" is of no interest to me.

Greek hills ARE NOT EQUIVALENT to Armenian mountains:disagree:

There is not point in arguing whether or not Cobras will be useful in a potential war. All that we know is that they were essentially useless against the Russians, so I don't see why anything should change now.

I believe that they are unbreachable BECAUSE I've been to the frontline. You would think so as well if you had been on the front. Your "gut feeling" is of no interest to me.

It reminded me of Andre Maginot`s quote "We could hardly dream of building a kind of Great Wall of France, which would in any case be far too costly. Instead we have foreseen powerful but flexible means of organizing defense, based on the dual principle of taking full advantage of the terrain and establishing a continuous line of fire everywhere." French Maginot Line`s founding father he is..There is nothing unbreachable..One way or another..If i were you, i wouldnt rely on those mountains too much

It reminded me of Andre Maginot`s quote "We could hardly dream of building a kind of Great Wall of France, which would in any case be far too costly. Instead we have foreseen powerful but flexible means of organizing defense, based on the dual principle of taking full advantage of the terrain and establishing a continuous line of fire everywhere." French Maginot Line`s founding father..There is nothing unbreachable..One way or another..If i were you, i wouldnt rely on those mountains too much

Well....unbreachable as far as Azerbaijan is concerned. And those mountains are the sole of Armenia, all reliance is placed unto them.

Also, does anyone know the type of defenses deployed in Nakhchivan? What type of SAMs are there? What composes 5th Army core? Why does it have such a high suicide rate compared to rest of frontline?

As a Light Armored Vehicle giving protection againts assault rifles , machine guns , hand grenades , mortars , rpg and IEDs not enough for you? Cobra's mission is the rapid and safely deployment of soldiers not to go againts IFVs or Light Tanks! Cobra countless times proved itself in Turkey by saving soldiers life from IEDs and ambushes planted by PKK , as far as i know not even 1 TSK personal lost his/her life in Cobra APC despite the countless IEDs planted by PKK.

The Cobra's you are talking about must have been heavily modified because a 50 cal round will go right through a Cobra.

8848857.jpg

As for the tactical advantage i think those Cobras would the job just fine in a possible scenario where Armenian army retreated and abandoned Karabagh so Azeribaijan forces need enter and cleanse city from Armenian insurgents hiding inside buildings with movable milita weapons in their hands(machine guns,grenades and rpgs).

No chance in hell.....once Armenians capture the Cobra's from retreating Azeris then we will modify them for proper use in Artsakh's terrain. I actually like the Cobra.

Video contains the development of T-155 Firtina, Leopard-1 upgrade with Volkan-1 FCS and Leopard 2 upgrade with Volkan-2 FCS. I advice you to take a look 05:30 section. At public demonstration, T-155 Firtina targets an "unbreachable" mountain and fire the targets. Think 36 of them firing the same mountain and destruction. There isn't a term as unbreachable If you are talking about war.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, does anyone know the type of defenses deployed in Nakhchivan? What type of SAMs are there?

Nakhchivan Army Corps has (modernize) T-72s, BMPs, BTRs, Artillery (self-propelled and towed), MLRS, aswell SAMs. Their SAM inventory includes OSA-1T and Pechora-2TM, modernizations of SA-8 and S-125. They have modern anti-tank weapons, like Kornet and Spike, and Igla-S (SA-24) man-portable SAMs.

(photos from Nakhchivan)

Modernized T-72

smyurt.jpg

2wrno8w.png

2v2b3ae.jpg

Lynx

24l0veo.png

xm8gli.png

OSA-1T

esuds9.jpg

Video contains the development of T-155 Firtina, Leopard-1 upgrade with Volkan-1 FCS and Leopard 2 upgrade with Volkan-2 FCS. I advice you to take a look 05:30 section. At public demonstration, T-155 Firtina targets an "unbreachable" mountain and fire the targets. Think 36 of them firing the same mountain and destruction. There isn't a term as unbreachable If you are talking about war.

Congratulations. Azerbaijan has acquired Turkish knock-offs of Korean weaponry. I'm sure Karabakh Army is shaking in their boots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Considering the landsize of Armenia, in case of armed conflict Turkish ballistic missiles will rain over to your militarized zones (and probably to your cities too).

There is no need to cross mountains btw. Azeris will do this, we will only launch paratrooper assaults to key locations, just like we do in Iraq Invasion.

The Cobra's you are talking about must have been heavily modified because a 50 cal round will go right through a Cobra.
Depends on what kind of 50cal was it, and what angle did it hit. Suffice to say, lucky shots happen :) Cobra is still a great vehicle.

Considering the landsize of Armenia, in case of armed conflict Turkish ballistic missiles will rain over to your militarized zones (and probably to your cities too).

There is no need to cross mountains btw. Azeris will do this, we will only launch paratrooper assaults to key locations, just like we do in Iraq Invasion.

Stfu, Turkey will stay in its place and do nothing. Stop trolling.

How can you be so fuc*kin sure about that? Are you also one of the Armenian immigrants in Turkey who works in Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

You are the one who is trolling btw. Everyone knows that.

Has Turkey given the slightest indication that they will do anything like that??? They would have to kill Russians to invade Armenia. Not to mention that they are pre-occupied with Syria and not interested in further destabilizing situation with Iran. Good lord, you are clueless.

Whatever Azerbaijan got or going to got, you will produce a counter argument to prove that they're trash, I guess we should better let Armenians and Azeris fight bare handed.

All of these stupid arguments coming from over confidence.

Turkey doesn't need to to go open war, a certain amount of aid is enough, although Azerbaijan is not fully ready for the war I think, a well prepared strict program of 5 to 10 years will make them fully combat ready, but its about the will of leaders, besides the equipment they're getting, they also have training programs mainly with Turkey, for example Azeri officers getting training in Turkish military schools, Azeri commandos getting training in commando schools, I heard that cooperation going to be increased very soon, I hope so.

Whatever Azerbaijan got or going to got, you will produce a counter argument to prove that they're trash, I guess we should better let Armenians and Azeris fight bare handed.

All of these stupid arguments coming from over confidence.

Turkey doesn't need to to go open war, a certain amount of aid is enough, although Azerbaijan is not fully ready for the war I think, a well prepared strict program of 5 to 10 years will make them fully combat ready, but its about the will of leaders, besides the equipment they're getting, they also have training programs mainly with Turkey, for example Azeri officers getting training in Turkish military schools, Azeri commandos getting training in commando schools, I heard that cooperation going to be increased very soon, I hope so.

That is absolutely not what I'm saying. There are many things that Azerbaijan can do to raise combat-readiness, it is just not doing them. All that has changed is that Aliyev has thrown more money at the military. Morale as gotten worse, as there are more suicides every year (particularly in Nakhchivan for some reason). I don't recall any large scale multinational exercises that Azerbaijan takes part in.

You say that Turkish aid will change Azerbaijan's fortune, but I disagree. Anything they need they can buy. That is not the issue. Therefore, anything that Turkey provides short of intervention will be futile. And so what that Azeri officials are trained in Turkey. Armenian officers are trained in Russia. Big deal.

Back
Top Bottom