What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

If you don't follow up to date technology we mentioned and rely on other countries helps and bases, deluding yourself with terrain profile advantages and army propagandas such as "unbreachable frontlines", While We are talking about latest generation howitzers, AT missiles, artillery rockets, attack helicopters, strategic collaborations...etc, I advice you to start begging Allah for help at a likely war.

You think you are some sort of military genius because you have come up with the genius equation: more money=more guns=victory. A 5 year old could come up with this much. I'm done arguing with 5 year olds.

you to start begging Allah for help at a likely war.

And I don't ever want to hear this again.

You think you are some sort of military genius because you have come up with the genius equation: more money=more guns=victory. A 5 year old could come up with this much. I'm done arguing with 5 year olds.

And I don't ever want to hear this again.

He does have a point tho, doesnt he? Look, i dont know anything about current capabilities of Armenian army but imho your logic is seriously flawed..Please correct me if i am wrong but your argument is as follows: NK Mountains with fortifications = Unbreachable for Azerbaijan army And his counter arguement is very simple and true..Azerbaijan is acquiring latest tech systems to counter that..Latest tech systems may not provide victory but they sure can give the upper hand

Still beats the "mountainous area = i am invincible" logic :)

Basically only argument you bring, Armenia's defences is unbreachable, there is no way they can win, I'm getting tired from these overconfident arguments coming from Armenians at all over the net, Armenia is a poor, small country with a poor military, you have nothing to have that confidence, only thing keeps safe you is Russia, I'm being objective here, neither Azerbaijan has a decent army or fully combat ready personel but you're ignoring every detail and just keep repeating Armenia undefeatable, nobody is undefeatable, we're discuissing the possibilities but only the real action will show the capacities of two armies.

What you guys don't realize is that its not just the defendable high grounds that Armenians hold but also these:

one. Armenian forces are well fortified, aware of enemy movements, and had many years to map mines and booby traps with forced bottlenecks. Artsakh's Army is equipped with the most advanced air defence system from shoulder fired missiles to S-300 coverage. Armenian military never shows all of her military power....even Armenians don't know it. It is a national security compared to parading and exaggerating Azerbaijan.

Two. Armenians have nowhere to retreat and a defeat is not an option, they won the last war against all odds by their own will, determination, and for freedom and justice. They also remember their last armed conflict with Turk which they were victorious in saving mother Armenia from being removed from the pages of time....the battle of Sardarabad.
Armenians are also confident because as a insignificant small nation blockaded by this relentless enemy bent on their destruction....they have have been successful and are holding their own. Despite all of this the Armenian leaders have shown much restrain and are commitment to the Madrid principles for peaceful solution to the conflict despite Azerbaijani policy of constantly in violation of treaty with sniping Armenian villagers and soldiers on the line of contact.

Three: Azerbaijan will need 4 to 5 times Armenia's military to take Artsakh....let alone keep it. Also an attack on Artsakh will bring in Armenia into the conflict and Armenia will try to get CSTO support. If Azerbaijan attacks Armenia in addition to Artsakh then Russians will have to get involved per agreements.

Four: Armenian forces preparedness and training are ranked above Georgia and Azerbaijan by unofficial sources.....this has nothing to do with military budget or amount of hardwar, its about the soldier.

Five: Moral.
Armenians defend their motherland.....Azeris know deep down this is not their land, sooner or later they will give up.

One: Its not gives a unbreachable defence, I explained already, and those arguments about unknown weapon systems seriously making me laugh, you can't rely on something you don't know, or presume enemy doesn2t have something like that.

Two: Empty words

Three: I didn't said Azerbaijan is ready for a full-force war, as I said I'm being objective, both Azeri and Armenian armies are relatively poor but we're discuissing details and possibilities here.

Four: You can't say that without seeing an actual action, again empty words based on overconfidence.

Five: Every Azeri I saw, considering Karabagh as a part of their motherland and they're pretty fanatic about that, the moral factor also will be revealed in the real action.

For a general answer to thread, every equipment your enemy gets which is better or more numerous then yours gives them an advantage, its about the clever use of them, you can doubt that Azeris will use them properly but you can't say everything they bought is trash.

No, What I talk about is to emphasize the importance of attacking/defensive latest war technologies, surveillance devices, training capability of a military to gain a victory against enemy, While you insist on underestimating the importance of military technology/solutions to neutralize the enemies stationed the most difficult terrains of the World. You don't want to talk about importance of state of art latest generation tech but mountain advantages, unbreachable lines, gossip toys... because If you did, You also know that Azerbaijan has obtained enough high-tech defence products to wipe Armenia out of the competition one by one. Armenia has neither military equipment to counter Azerbaijani toys, nor money to obtain equivalents. That's not my analyse, but simple fact !!!

For a general answer to thread, every equipment your enemy gets which is better or more numerous then yours gives them an advantage, its about the clever use of them, you can doubt that Azeris will use them properly but you can't say everything they bought is trash.

That's the gold point !!!

No, What I talk about is to emphasize the importance of attacking/defensive latest war technologies, surveillance devices, training capability of a military to gain a victory against enemy, While you insist on underestimating the importance of military technology/solutions to neutralize the enemies stationed the most difficult terrains of the World. You don't want to talk about importance of state of art latest generation tech but mountain advantages, unbreachable lines... because If you did, You also know that Azerbaijan has obtained enough high-tech defence products to wipe Armenia out of the competition one by one. Armenia has neither military equipment to counter Azerbaijani toys, nor money to obtain equivalents. That's not my analyse, but simple fact !!!

Two questions, if you will allow me :

1) Does Armenia have force-multipliers (AWACs, ATGMS etc.) to maintain some sort of conventional parity with Azrbaijan ! A little like how Pakistan can't compete with India pound for pound (neither in numbers nor in technology) so instead we go for force-multipliers & try to work within the confines of our own dynamics; case in point : We've got between 5-7 AWACs, upper Punjab is laced with ATGMs & other Anti-Tank measures & we've developed a terrain hugging Cruise Missile with stealthy features to target their strategic assets in addition to Battle-Field Missile (even Battle-Field Tactical Nukes) to take out their Forward Basis (FOBs). That may not win us the war but that is deterrent enough to ensure that the other side thinks a 101 times before any misadventure because the casualties could be enormous for little or no gain.

And 2) Is there a chance of Russia (or even the United States) exerting more than just diplomatic pressure if Armenia & Azerbaijan ever do go to war ?

Five: Moral.
Armenians defend their motherland.....Azeris know deep down this is not their land, sooner or later they will give up.

Let me tell you What's the meaning of Moral advantage...

-Turkish and some other construction institutes are building the Azerbaijani cities. Today's Azerbaijan cities looks like a paradise...
-Azerbaijani economy is doing fine.
-Additions to Baku-Tiflis-Ceyhan pipeline, Turkey and Azerbaijan is planting a new pipeline called TransAnadolu and Turkish/Azerbaijani collaboration is investing natural gas plant worth 20 billion $ in Turkey. We will feed the Europe countries thanks to this investment...
-Every month, Azerbaijan signs a new collaboration agreement with allies
-No need to mention How Azerbaijan is investing military systems and moral advantages new toys give to army.
-With Azerbaijani wishes, Turkey closed the bordergates with Armenia. Armenian East and West gates are closed. Georgia is under the control of Turkey...
-Nakhchivan is under the Turkey's protection.
-Azerbaijan has all access to Turkish military and enjoys the dataes taken from Turkish satellites, radars...etc

Besides, Azerbaijan is taking a note of artillery systems so talking with Turkish and Israeli institutes to obtain the best of the World.

Roketsan
105mm Artillery Rocket
122mm Artillery Rcoket

MKEK
T-155 Firtina howitzer
T-105 Light towed Howitzer
Different Calibres Artillery munition production

IMI
Lynx rocket launcher (with 160mm EXTRA, 200mm LAR-160 rockets)

Azerbaijan Training of Artillery Forces - Turkey Havelsan Artillery Forward Observer Simulators

I expect to finalize an agreement between Azerbaijan and Turkey to co-production of Kasirga-G guided 300mm artillery rocket of Roketsan as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
What you do is admirable.I hope people in power can see what you writing because we have limited resources and limited time.

Anyway Do we have any Military Deal with Azerbaijan?Like Armenia did with Russia.In times of war what can we do to protect our Ally (I'm not talking about Armenian issue ,there is enough tension with Iran ).

What you do is admirable.I hope people in power can see what you writing because we have limited resources and limited time.

Anyway Do we have any Military Deal with Azerbaijan?Like Armenia did with Russia.In times of war what can we do to protect our Ally (I'm not talking about Armenian issue ,there is enough tension with Iran ).

We can seperate the things Turkey will do as Peace/War times. In Peace times, Turkey is doing everything to make Azerbaijan a partner of Turkey's state of art defence programs worth billion $. Education, Teaining, Drill and War strategies are another step We are busy with. Turkey don't have an ambitious to export a military system just for gaining money but offering co-production and co-development opportunities to increase the Azerbaijani engineering and industrial capabilities as well. The programs I have listed above are the one Azerbaijan accepted partnership...

In war times, I think Turkey will do everything to make Armenia fall into depression against Azerbaijan such as moving the army towards East to deploy them for a surprize attack. Intelligence sharing, satellite images of strategic installations of Armenia, tactics to be shared with Azerbaijan as well. As long as Armenia didn't attack on Nakhcivan, Turkey will not join into any conflict (I think).

Let me tell you What's the meaning of Moral advantage...

-Turkish and some other construction institutes are building the Azerbaijani cities. Today's Azerbaijan cities looks like a paradise...
-Azerbaijani economy is doing fine.
-Additions to Baku-Tiflis-Ceyhan pipeline, Turkey and Azerbaijan is planting a new pipeline called TransAnadolu and Turkish/Azerbaijani collaboration is investing natural gas plant worth 20 billion $ in Turkey. We will feed the Europe countries thanks to this investment...
-Every month, Azerbaijan signs a new collaboration agreement with allies
-No need to mention How Azerbaijan is investing military systems and moral advantages new toys give to army.
-With Azerbaijani wishes, Turkey closed the bordergates with Armenia. Armenian East and West gates are closed. Georgia is under the control of Turkey...
-Nakhchivan is under the Turkey's protection.
-Azerbaijan has all access to Turkish military and enjoys the dataes taken from Turkish satellites, radars...etc

You are taking everything being said by Azeri propoganda machine and saying it as truth on this forum. It's BS.

1. Yes there is a construction boom....in Baku. It's simply for appearances, and most of those buildings are empty anyway. Has nothing to do with morale.
2. "Economy is doing fine"....fail. Azeri economy grew by barely 1% in the first half of the year (Armenia's grew 6.2%). Furthermore, Azerbaijan is now having problems with operator and biggest shareholder, BP. Caspian peak oil year has passed, and Azeri economy will soon suffer.
3. Every "investment" being made further pisses off Russia, which then reflects well on Armenia.
4. Armenia more-or-less maintains military parity.
5. And yet Armenian economy still had higher growth than Azerbaijan:lol:
6. For now....
7. Won't help in times of war. This held true in '94 aswell.

Why don't you explain to me the reason for the enormously high suicide rate in Azerbaijan army?

Enjoy: APA - Azerbaijan decreases oil and gas extraction

Back
Top Bottom