What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

I only saw border troops with cobra. Internal troops have equipped with variants of armored Otokar's defender-based products.

You are right, more than 9 months and that was why I included the date in the post to see is there any updated news.

Does anyone have any information about Barak-8 system specification? Or the class of possibly new purchased submarine(s) to replace Triton-2M fleet.

Israel Defense | "Barak 8" versus "Yakhont" | Naval

You can find the specifications here mate

As for the tactical advantage i think those Cobras would the job just fine in a possible scenario where Armenian army retreated and abandoned Karabagh so Azeribaijan forces need enter and cleanse city from Armenian insurgents hiding inside buildings with movable milita weapons in their hands(machine guns,grenades and rpgs).

You my friend are living in a dream. Therefore, seeing as NKR/Armenian army would NEVER retreat (judging from the fact that they are greater in number, have mountain advantage, and have obligation to protect Karabakhtsi Armenians), you and I can agree that buying these Cobras was a wasted investment from Azerbaijan. Just because they "work" against PKK does not mean that they will work against Armenians.

Enjoy:Karabakh Defense Army acquires new weaponry | Armenia News - NEWS.am

You my friend are living in a dream. Therefore, seeing as NKR/Armenian army would NEVER retreat (judging from the fact that they are greater in number, have mountain advantage, and have obligation to protect Karabakhtsi Armenians), you and I can agree that buying these Cobras was a wasted investment from Azerbaijan. Just because they "work" against PKK does not mean that they will work against Armenians.

If it works against PKK, that means it also works against Armenians, if you know what i mean...

Why you think they will not work ? if they use them properly in its real missions they will work, as I said those cars are not supposed to be face artillery or tanks, I don't know though if Armenians have some kind of super human power(many Armenians in net repeating same things, probably what their government says)

Sometimes, The things you suppose as advantage may suddenly become as a disadvatage thanks to state of art 21. century war technologies The countries develop/reach. That's why Azerbaijan ordered lots of different class Israeli UAV to detect the positions. That's why Azerbaijan ordered state of art latest generation howitzers called T-155 Firtina which is able to neutralize the targets with a range from 40+km's precisiously... That's why Azerbaijan joined into development of Turkish 105mm light howitzer program which will have a range of up to 20 km (fhaving longer range than standart 105mm howitzers). That's why Azerbaijan ordered/manufacturing Turkish T-122 sakarya artillery rocket system having a range of almost 50km (one of the longest range in its class)

Well Armenia has Iran and russia by its side. Is'nt Azerbijian part of Iran?

No it is not. Iran was among the first countries who has recognized Azerbaijan and Armenia as sovereign countries. Iran share a huge history with those nations like other neighborhood nations around Iran.

Why you think they will not work ? if they use them properly in its real missions they will work, as I said those cars are not supposed to be face artillery or tanks, I don't know though if Armenians have some kind of super human power(many Armenians in net repeating same things, probably what their government says)

As a matter of fact yes Armenians have impenetrable skin......

PKK are rebels and as such employ guerilla tactics. It makes sense that the Cobra would be used. But when fighting a professional army equipped with (relatively)modern weaponry, they will make little inroads.

Again, its not supposed to face artillery or tank like stuff, it will give rapid and relatively safe transport and support in small scale skirmishes, thats it, if you put in front of tank, its your fail, not the vehicle's.

As a matter of fact yes Armenians have impenetrable skin......

PKK are rebels and as such employ guerilla tactics. It makes sense that the Cobra would be used. But when fighting a professional army equipped with (relatively)modern weaponry, they will make little inroads.

Azerbaijan placed a new order for unknown number Cobra vehicles...

Azerbaijan purchases “Cobra” from Turkey

Font size : a | A

[ 24 Sep 2012 15:34 ]
Baku – APA. Azerbaijan has purchased new armored vehicles “Cobra” from Turkey.

Military source told APA that the next confinement of military vehicles will be delivered to Baku soon. The transportation on additional military vehicles is realized within an annex to the agreement signed in 2012.

Note that, Turkey’s Otokar supplied Azerbaijan with 123 different types of military vehicles – 35 “Cobra” armored vehicles, 37 ZPT armored personnel carriers and 51 “Land Rover Defender” transportation vehicles on the base of agreement signed in 2010 for USD 20, 7 mln.

Azerbaijan also showed interest in “Arma” armed vehicles which are capable to protect passer-bys from mines, produced by Otokar.

“Cobra” 4*4 wheels are used for 13 member personnel transportation. The vehicles weight is 6 tons; the speed is 110 km p/h. It’s possible to install different types of arms on the vehicle that are capable to protect personal from radioactive and chemical attacks, as well as from mines.

Among the former Post soviet countries, only Azerbaijan, Georgia and Kazakhstan’s armed forces possesses “Cobra” armored vehicles, at present

APA - Azerbaijan purchases ?Cobra? from Turkey

According to source, Azerbaijan will order Arma wheeled vehicles soon...

arma8x8otokaaa_2.jpg
arma8x8otokaaa_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@cabatli_53, specs on Arma?

IMO, Azerbaijan's combat-readiness cannot be increased by throwing money at their armed forces. If this had been the case, they would have attacked a long time ago. Even Armenophobe Matthew Bryza says that Armenian Army cannot be dislodged form Artsakh mountains.

Saying this as stupid as saying you don't have infantry and light weapons or land mines you only have tanks and AIFVs

I wonder what will you say when Azerbaijan starts procurement of Altay :)

IMO, Azerbaijan's combat-readiness cannot be increased by throwing money at their armed forces. If this had been the case, they would have attacked a long time ago. Even Armenophobe Matthew Bryza says that Armenian Army cannot be dislodged form Artsakh mountains.

Again, another flawed logic they are not attacking, so they are weak and scared :)

First put away your overconfidence, no defence is unpenetrable and no enemy is invincible.

Saying this as stupid as saying you don't have infantry and light weapons or land mines you only have tanks and AIFVs

I wonder what will you say when Azerbaijan starts procurement of Altay :)

Again, another flawed logic they are not attacking, so they are weak and scared :)

First put away your overconfidence, no defence is unpenetrable and no enemy is invincible.

You misunderstood me. I was comparing Armenian army with PKK (which actually does not have those things), not with Azerbaijan.

What do you mean what will I say? Nothing. There is nothing special about that. Altay is not an Azeri creation, so they have nothing to boast about. Armenia has license to produce many things as well. Besides, I thought that Azerbaijan decided to keep buying Ukrainian tanks because Altay was unprofitable?

You would be right, except for those who use patience as a tool do not make war threats everyday, like Aliyev does. They also do not boast that they will wipe out Armenian forces in a day.

Tell me, Legionnaire, have you ever been to the frontline?

You misunderstood me. I was comparing Armenian army with PKK (which actually does not have those things), not with Azerbaijan.

What do you mean what will I say? Nothing. There is nothing special about that. Altay is not an Azeri creation, so they have nothing to boast about. Armenia has license to produce many things as well. Besides, I thought that Azerbaijan decided to keep buying Ukrainian tanks because Altay was unprofitable?

You would be right, except for those who use patience as a tool do not make war threats everyday, like Aliyev does. They also do not boast that they will wipe out Armenian forces in a day.

Tell me, Legionnaire, have you ever been to the frontline?

I believe military service is compulsory in Turkey. I don't understand the purpose of your question. If a person is in the military and is asked to go to the combat theater does that make them brave? Do they have a choice? If they had a choice and went, it may be that they just lack imagination.

I believe military service is compulsory in Turkey. I don't understand the purpose of your question. If a person is in the military and is asked to go to the combat theater does that make them brave? Do they have a choice? If they had a choice and went, it may be that they just lack imagination.

Clearly, I meant the Karabakh-Azerbaijan frontline. There is not "frontline" in Turkey. If you wish to participate in a thread, at least read some of the latest posts for context before posting BS.

Of course you have :) my point was that Cobra's ballistic and mine protection can still protect Azeri troops from many of your weapons, be it ballistic or explosive so it's NOT irrelevant.
Because it was non-operational
You do constantly boast about your defenses in Azerbaycan territory you are so confident that they are unbreachable and im telling you they are not, I don't need to actually see them :)

You see, Greeks were very confident too but this, is an old Turkish tank that climbed an impossible hill to kill them :)
k23gr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom