What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@Hack-Hook

You turn blind eye to chemical weapons use against Syrians but trying to present yourself as morally superior. This is two faced- justice of yours. If you are proclaimed just people then it needs to show everywhere. Not one just act for every 100 unjust ones.

Anyhow is everyone's Ramadan going so far? How are you doing brother @Indos ?

Alhamdulillah good brother @Falcon29

We are approaching the end of Ramadhan now, I hope we are getting the blessed from Allah this month and also for the rest of the months.

We are still dealing with the outbreak and so far our country hasnt yet been able to contain the disease. So businesses will likely to get effected at least until the end of this year. I really hope effective drug will be found and available soon. I read that China has made good progress with one of the potential drug currently under trial.

Any way, did I ever tell you that I have Palestinian relative within my big families ? Not blood related though, but through marriage. I have to acknowledge that mix Malay-Palestinian really produce beautiful kids.

Indonesian and Palestinian I believe will have strong connection with each other if they meet in real life. This video shows friendship between Indonesian man and Palestinian man, they are college friends.

you knew I never been to an Arabic coffee shop, I prefer Turkish coffee over Arabic one:coffee:. but as you asked
you said about Iran helping non-Muslim attacking Muslims and those two was what It came to my mind . one Iran prevented OIC move against India . that would only served by radicalizing Indian more toward Muslims and seriously harmed Indian Muslims.
the other was making Azerbaijan and Turkey plan to put siege on Armenia in middle of the winter futile by shipping fuel and Food there as the plan was a certain recipe for hundred of thousands of death from cold , starvation and disease .

About Syria , well first we don't agree on several cases of those attacks mentioned and we have problem with the fact that they always occurs when Syrian government is under wining strike
and advance and have no need for such tactics. also the fact you guys never say anything about terrorist use of chemical weapons.

I don't know about this OIC thing or Armenian, but I am one to want Muslims to exercise limits and not turn into oppressors. Or seek more than our fitrah demands. So if you share mindset I'm confused why you support your govt on everything. I do not support any govt let alone to support them on everything for context. I think we need lots of reform in Muslim world so that is that. Do not want to discuss more politics for now.

You are welcome here whenever, I have tried both Arabic and Turkish coffee. It all depends on how much coffee is used , it can come out too strong. I prefer lighter use of coffee and think it tastes better that way. Like a lighter blend. It's very good for energy burst but for taste usually I prefer American style coffee. Or hot lattes.

you knew I never been to an Arabic coffee shop, I prefer Turkish coffee over Arabic one:coffee:.

Your statement makes no sense, lol and is a oxymoron. Turkish coffee derives from Arabic coffee and is basically a copy of Arabic coffee rebranded under a new name but without the cardamom flavor and variety of Arabic coffee. Turks were exposed to coffee thanks to the Arabs after all. The same Arabs that invented and first used coffee as a brew in Sufi monasteries of Arabia in what is modern-day Yemen and Southern KSA many centuries ago.:coffee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_coffee

Not just in here back in 2012-2013 I used to enjoy a lot of websites but
Any were taken down like anthrocivitas, militaryphotos, Arab aviation forum and many others I can’t find

Yes, most Arabs have long ago moved to Twitter, Reddit and many other platforms, me included, but some Arabic forums (traditional bulletin boards) are still going strong. Few things stay static nowadays.

Fortunately I have many other interests in life and can only spend so much time devoted to one type. So I participate in a couple of boating and fishing forums and since I had a pretty complex modification I did on our boat and documented the entire thing, it took up a lot of my time as well as running a business does take up the other half of one's time. If it wasn't for this stay at home order, I might not have made this quick stop by here to be perfectly honest with you. But it's always good to check in on things every once in a while, especially when there's big news in one's country like the recent acquisition of the 26 Su-35s for the EAF. That's usually worth a quick visit to see the reaction, especially by the haters loooool. That's always a fun thing to do. :enjoy:

That is encouraging to hear brother. I love the outdoors as well and have been fishing, hunting, hiking, exploring nature (mountains, deserts, marine life - yachting, skiing etc.) since a young age so I can relate.
Too many interests from my part and too little time.

I remember you talking about a ceramic (correct me if I am wrong?) business where you made your own stuff? Recall you posting some of your works here. Very cool. A family member of mine is a painter and artist (as a hobby of hers but she has been selling some of her works in the Arab world and the West) and I always loved art myself. Once I fully establish myself (still young), I will start collecting art and antiques as it runs in the family.
I can imagine that you share a similar interest.

Anyway I have mostly been busy with "real life" until the Covid-19 nonsense as I graduated not long ago and was/I am working for a large company in Europe (chemical engineering is my field) to gain valuable work experience and to improve my CV before a potential return. Since I have legs in both worlds and family, I am somewhat of a nomad and divided. Far from alone on this front though even here (PDF).

What is driving me insane though is the lockdown, inability to train (all fitness centers are closed) and the only thing I have at home are 2 weights and a small Kilberry home gym with no serious weight (below 100 kg) but better than nothing, I guess. Borders closed as well so obviously no travel.

Zero sport (I am a huge football as in soccer not American football that I barely watch, sorry mate) and NBA "fan". As in I like watching it, especially the playoffs. Things stopped when everything became interesting and as long-time Laker fans I had high hopes of us winning our first title since 2010 with LBJ, AD and a rejuvenated Dwight Howard.

Anyway a few days ago I watched "The Last Dance" on Netflix. MJ was something special.
I was too young to ever see him play but the guy is the alpha king of sportsmen!
He is also the wealthiest sportsperson to date. Good for over 1 billion USD! Not bad.

Yes, Egypt's recent purchases are rather impressive to put it mildly, at least on paper. However what would be even better (in an ideal world - goes for the entire Arab world as a whole) would be to have an active role in the Arab world and neighborhood to ensure ones own interests and that of the wider Arab world.
One of my favorite sayings on PDF is "Arab problems require Arab solutions" and that is spot on.
Sadly for various reasons that we both are well aware of, the current situation is far from ideal but I am hopeful for the future.
Maybe not in our lifetimes but eventually the Arab policymakers/leaders will reflect the will of their people and that will manifest itself in the internal and external policy.
As for PDF, well, I already covered that and understood your hint.:lol:

@Hack-Hook

You turn blind eye to chemical weapons use against Syrians but trying to present yourself as morally superior. This is two faced- justice of yours. If you are proclaimed just people then it needs to show everywhere. Not one just act for every 100 unjust ones.

Anyhow is everyone's Ramadan going so far? How are you doing brother @Indos ?

Messed up sleeping pattern (natural) but until 2 days ago I deliberately cut off all social media (for spiritual reasons and due to work that I needed done) and only read the news. Looking forward to Eid al-Fitr and all the food and "socializing" due to a certain pandemic.:D

@Indos

Stay safe brother.

Wishing everyone a blessed Eid.

Last edited:
one Iran prevented OIC move against India .

It wasn't only Iran. Pakistan got cold shoulder from just about everyone in OIC except maybe turkey.

that would only served by radicalizing Indian more toward Muslims and seriously harmed Indian Muslims.

Nope. Indian muslims is a domestic subject for us. It bears no relation to any international grouping. Previous calls and statements by OIC (that can be construed or interpreted as critical of India) influenced nothing in India w.r.t Indian citizens. Most people dont even know what OIC is tbh.... we deal with muslim majority countries in bilateral way as priority.

Your statement makes no sense, lol and is a oxymoron. Turkish coffee derives from Arabic coffee and is basically a copy of Arabic coffee rebranded under a new name but without the cardamom flavor and variety of Arabic coffee. Turks were exposed to coffee thanks to the Arabs after all. The same Arabs that invented and first used coffee as a brew in Sufi monasteries of Arabia in what is modern-day Yemen and Southern KSA many centuries ago.:coffee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_coffee
when it come to coffee how you prepare it made a lot variation variation to aroma and taste and that make lots of difference. when they prepare Arabic coffee they tends to add some Additive, like cardamon also they roast coffee beans a lot more, also the taste is different when you add sugar before simmering or after it.
by the way why always bring Arab first did it in the discussion I simply like how they make coffee in turkey more than how they make it in Arab community around Persian gulf.
It wasn't only Iran. Pakistan got cold shoulder from just about everyone in OIC except maybe turkey.
in 94 they made everyone in line , it was Iran which stopped it , in that year The OIC was pushing a resolution at the Office of the UN Commissioner on Human Rights (OHCHR), later rechristened as Human Rights Council, to condemn India for human rights violations in Kashmir. The resolution, in case of approval, was to be referred to the UN Security Council for initiating economic sanctions and other punitive measures against India. The decisions in the OIC are adopted by consensus and Iran voted against it.
you may not recall it but in those years economy of India was in brink of collapse you mortgaged your gold reserves in 1992 and any sanction against you was like a small push needed to send you down the mountain

Nope. Indian muslims is a domestic subject for us. It bears no relation to any international grouping. Previous calls and statements by OIC (that can be construed or interpreted as critical of India) influenced nothing in India w.r.t Indian citizens. Most people dont even know what OIC is tbh.... we deal with muslim majority countries in bilateral way as priority.
you think that , you say that , but if at that time in the height of your conflict with Pakistan , OIC sent your case to UNSC . let just say just say you have a history of violent moments when it come to Muslim Hindu issue

in 94 they made everyone in line , it was Iran which stopped it , in that year The OIC was pushing a resolution at the Office of the UN Commissioner on Human Rights (OHCHR), later rechristened as Human Rights Council, to condemn India for human rights violations in Kashmir. The resolution, in case of approval, was to be referred to the UN Security Council for initiating economic sanctions and other punitive measures against India. The decisions in the OIC are adopted by consensus and Iran voted against it.
you may not recall it but in those years economy of India was in brink of collapse you mortgaged your gold reserves in 1992 and any sanction against you was like a small push needed to send you down the mountain

Ah ok, I thought you meant more recently. Yes you are correct about this one in the 90s. I misunderstood, sorry.

Iran is held in high regard by India and such things wont be forgotten.

I personally hope for the best in our relations as possible and for Iran future to be bright one. Geopolitics is unfortunately a very sordid realm in general.

when it come to coffee how you prepare it made a lot variation variation to aroma and taste and that make lots of difference. when they prepare Arabic coffee they tends to add some Additive, like cardamon also they roast coffee beans a lot more, also the taste is different when you add sugar before simmering or after it.
by the way why always bring Arab first did it in the discussion I simply like how they make coffee in turkey more than how they make it in Arab community around Persian gulf.

It was a very funny comment because the difference between Arabic coffee and Turkish coffee is hardly present because Turkish coffee is a variant of Arabic coffee.

As for Arabic coffee, you are clearly not aware of this but there are 10's (if not 100's) of variants of Arabic coffee today. Different methods used to make it, different spices, how long to roast the beans, the coffee bean sorts, what you eat it with, with or without sugar, with milk or without, prepared on a traditional bonfire or on an electric stove etc.

The coffee culture in Arabia/Arabian Peninsula/GCC/Southwest Asia (there is no such thing called "Arab community around Persian gulf", are you talking about the Arabs in Basra, Arabs of Iran or what? - might as well say the "Gulf of Oman country Iran" or the "Arabian Sea country of Iran") is deep-rooted and a big industry with millions of coffee shops (traditional and modern), many innovative ones with modern twists, 1000's of coffee plantations in KSA and Yemen. Only Ethiopia and maybe nowadays Italy and France have a similarly deep coffee tradition.

In fact Arabic coffee is a part of UNESCO's "intangible cultural heritage" to make my point clearer.

https://ich.unesco.org/en/RL/arabic-coffee-a-symbol-of-generosity-01074

We take the coffee business very seriously, lol.

Anyway, same old from your part, so I will end it here.:lol: Always the "hidden" anti-Arab sentiment and diminishing. Know you long enough to easily notice it. Strange stuff but whatever, this is PDF.

Last edited:
It was a very funny comment because the difference between Arabic coffee and Turkish coffee is hardly present because Turkish coffee is a variant of Arabic coffee.

As for Arabic coffee, you are clearly not aware of this but there are 10's (if not 100's) of variants of Arabic coffee today. Different methods used to make it, different spices, how long to roast the beans, the coffee bean sorts, what you eat it with, with or without sugar, with milk or without, prepared on a traditional bonfire or on an electric stove etc.

The coffee culture in Arabia/Arabian Peninsula/GCC/Southwest Asia (there is no such thing called "Arab community around Persian gulf", are you talking about the Arabs in Basra, Arabs of Iran or what? - might as well say the "Gulf of Oman country Iran" or the "Arabian Sea country of Iran") is deep-rooted and a big industry with millions of coffee shops (traditional and modern), many innovative ones with modern twists, 1000's of coffee plantations in KSA and Yemen. Only Ethiopia and maybe nowadays Italy and France have a similarly deep coffee tradition.

In fact Arabic coffee is a part of UNESCO's "intangible cultural heritage" to make my point clearer.

Anyway, same old from your part, so I will end it here.:lol:

Coffee arabica....for a reason ;)

I am reminded of that nice conversation we had about arab trade with India long long time ago, that brought coffee to Indian shores.

Alhamdulillah good brother @Falcon29

We are approaching the end of Ramadhan now, I hope we are getting the blessed from Allah this month and also for the rest of the months.

Good to hear brother and may Allah hear from you.

We are still dealing with the outbreak and so far our country hasnt yet been able to contain the disease. So businesses will likely to get effected at least until the end of this year. I really hope effective drug will be found and available soon. I read that China has made good progress with one of the potential drug currently under trial.

I hope so too, I hope you guys aren't too affected. Here in the US we are starting to slowly reopen again but it will not be back to previous normal until there is an effective drug treatment or vaccine.

Any way, did I ever tell you that I have Palestinian relative within my big families ? Not blood related though, but through marriage. I have to acknowledge that mix Malay-Palestinian really produce beautiful kids.

I remember you have relatives in the US but don't remember this one, that is awesome to hear and you should try meeting her/him to learn more about Palestinian culture. Does your relative live in Indonesia? My cousins friend actually got married to an Indonesian guy in Gaza and he had his wedding there. I don't remember if he stayed there or they moved out to Indonesia, though.

Lol, yeah Indonesian people are beautiful people mashallah, I'm sure their kids would come out beautiful too. I actually wanted to always know if Indonesian people are like Chinse/Japense Asian types or who are they more closer to. You guys have distinct look and some of you pass off as half-Arab or full Arab.

Indonesian and Palestinian I believe will have strong connection with each other if they meet in real life. This video shows friendship between Indonesian man and Palestinian man, they are college friends.

I believe so too brother, it's nice to see Palestinians in Indonesia and eastern side of the world. Nice of Indonesia to host Palestinian students too. Your country is a very peaceful and away from the mess known as ME and I would love to visit your country one day. Looks very beautiful with the classic architecture.

Messed up sleeping pattern (natural) but until 2 days ago I deliberately cut off all social media (for spiritual reasons and due to work that I needed done) and only read the news. Looking forward to Eid al-Fitr and all the food and "socializing" due to a certain pandemic.:D

@Indos

Stay safe brother.

Wishing everyone a blessed Eid.

Me too, we break our fast late and I just stay up more during Ramadan. It is better to give in to the later sleep schedule and at least have it consistent I have found. It was kind of boring with the shelter in place thing but it kind of went by fast. I have been told Eid is Sunday now too. I thought it was Saturday intially. Getting kind of exhausted. :D

Coffee arabica....for a reason ;)

I am reminded of that nice conversation we had about arab trade with India long long time ago, that brought coffee to Indian shores.

We are on hostile waters but every historically knowledgeable person is well aware of ancient ties between the Arab world and South Asia (dating back several millennia) that manifested itself with ties to the IVC and ancient trade ties.

Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean gives it away. Certain communities in Kerala, Sri Lanka, Gujarat, Pakistan likewise. The fact (some would claim it as a coincidence) that the first mosques outside of the Arabian Peninsula/Arab world were built in what is today Southern India/South Asia. People to people ties manifested today not to mention trade ties which just continues an ancient tradition.

If I recall you are a Keralite (from Kerala) and I don't need to tell how many Keralites work and live in the GCC and have done for centuries. Probably only Baloch (in terms of foreign communities from South Asia) are comparable and a few others such as Sindhis and Gujaratis.

As you say nation state relations and people to people relations are very different, I have never felt that Indians have hated/disliked Arabs for being Arabs or overall. In fact I don't even genuinely think that Indians and Pakistanis hate each other due to being what they are but rather due to recent historical reasons and politics.

This is not much spoken about on PDF between the average Arab (in particular those of us with ties to Iraq and the GCC - you can imagine that the case is different for other Arabs due to geography and history) and various ethnic groups in Iran (Baloch, Lurs, Persians, Arabs), in particular from Western/Southern Iran (where most Iranians live) have a rather close history/interactions. To this day UAE is the largest trade partner of Iran in the region, lol, despite all the hostility between the regimes. The average Iranian, nowadays with a smaller income than the average Iraqi, is generally a humble person, far from the many keyboard warriors here on PDF.

BTW, I forgot to tell, I have written this before many times so I am not making it up, I have always had cordial ties with Indian users from Kerala that I have interacted with here @Levina and that friendly Indian guy that lived in New Zealand, forgot the username and others that I cannot remember the usernames of, also in person.

Me too, we break our fast late and I just stay up more during Ramadan. It is better to give in to the later sleep schedule and at least have it consistent I have found. It was kind of boring with the shelter in place thing but it kind of went by fast. I have been told Eid is Sunday now too. I thought it was Saturday intially. Getting kind of exhausted. :D

My problem when it comes to lack of sleep (and I have a messed up sleep pattern already in general - far too little sleep) is that when exposed to extreme lack of it, I become easily irritated (normal) and in general not the same person but rather aggressive/lack of patience/lack of focus. I thus eventually need to recover the sleep that I need and can hardly function without the necessary 6 hours of sleep. In particular if physically active the day before (training). I don't know how some people that sleep less function. Did Trump not claim that he sleeps 4 hours each night? For a 70 + year old with his schedule, stress and responsibilities? Sounds surreal.

Last edited:

Anyway, same old from your part, so I will end it here.:lol: Always the "hidden" anti-Arab sentiment and diminishing. Know you long enough to easily notice it. Strange stuff but whatever, this is PDF.

Honestly an underrated drink is Chai. I drank it while I was in Saudi Arabia by an Afghani shop or maybe Pakistani tea shop. He made it with a giant tea pot and it was very fresh. Once it cooled down a bit it was very delicious.

@Nilgiri

I don't hope that I will be called "anti-Pakistani" for posting this video ( :lol: )

Arabian cuisine and South Asian, share many similar spices too, many originating from our brothers and sisters in South East Asia @Indos

Also speaking about South East Asia, the reason why Arabs, Indians and Chinese are the largest foreign ethnicities in South East Asia is due to those ancient trade ties that I alluded to before. It is very interesting that influences/shared cultural elements remain to this day.

Honestly an underrated drink is Chai. I drank it while I was in Saudi Arabia by an Afghani shop or maybe Pakistani tea shop. He made it with a giant tea pot and it was very fresh. Once it cooled down a bit it was very delicious.

True. This is something shared between Arabia and South Asia due to what I wrote to Niligri.

Of course the old lady doing this video is not Saudi Arabian but likely Filipino but it does not matter here, lol. It is a rather popular drink. Although there are the usual Arabic tea variants as well that are known in the remaining Arab world too. Anyway tea apparently came from China or so I read once if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom