What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Each Arab country (at least from what I am aware of and I am not a chef specializing in Arab cuisine) has its own version. It is a relatively simple garlic dip/sauce. When I make variations of it at home I always use fresh garlic, some good extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and some use ice water and 1 egg before mixing it all up in a food processor (much easier) or by hand.

There are versions with local yoghurt and some chili/spices (to spice it up other than the garlic) but this is mostly used in KSA/Yemen, the Lebanese version is more blend, but the secret with all cooking is not to mix too many species up and tastes. The key in the dish should be the garlic and the fusion of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and yoghurt if you use that which I like to do to make the sauce/dip thicker and add a more milky taste, we Arabians love our milk products.

There are several but I cannot mention them as it is not allowed. One user already mentioned 1 such forum but there are several although most Arabs are now using social media such as Twitter but that is often flooded by boots yet 1 billion times more active. There are quite a few military guys on Twitter as well but Twitter is limited for longer/more complicated discussions.

Whatever it is, it is very enjoying (on the long run) and needs to be studied closely. I bet that the crying will be 1 billion times bigger once our regimes in power will reflect the will of the people. Many of those people crying now, will like it even less, I am afraid. But what can I do about it? Not much other than laughing if I am lucky to witness it first hand.:lol:
The one i am referring is to the thick one, most probably the lebanese version as the guy who made me was a lebanese. He also had this brick over, in which he made the bread
3C8F0650-FDD2-42EF-AA8D-1F9D9B253A2D.jpeg

78EFEF48-0952-44BB-9916-A38745DA394A.jpeg

And secondly, what do you guys actually call this bread. I always refer to it simple as khubz. And the version of toum i was referring to is this one specifically. My taste buds detect that this version is more garlic rich than the thin Saudi one which I personally am not a fan of. There is this version, in which they mix in red chilli blended as well, but it feels good only in a perfect shawarma, nothing less.

Top kek, btw what was your old account on PDFs name?

Whatever in-existent "Arab behavior" is a reaction to the Arabized yet Arab-obsessed and Arab-hating trolls who are doing nothing but obsessing about Arabs and Arab affairs 24/7 on this forum and blaming all their own self-created miseries on some 500 million Arab who by some imaginary coincidence are behind every failure of theirs, their people, their country etc. The same old song that has been song on PDF, at times frequently, others rarely and now constantly.

There was once a vibrant Arab community on PDF, before your time, we even had our own moderator and our section was the most peaceful one at that too (the Webmaster admitted to it himself) but then a huge influx of individuals that I am talking about, appeared, and 99% of all Arab users did not bother to waste their time on such individuals and left. Rightly so.

Those Arabic military forums, you can find every ideology, viewpoint among them. With countryman disagreeing with the other countryman on fundamentals. Often heated but mostly in a respectful manner. Much better than what PDF has turned into. You will be shocked to learn that there is even room for Iranian users. I saw 1-2 old faces from PDF recently. Even a few Turkish users. Pakistanis as well. Mind you, this is an Arabic speaking forum so not too many from the diaspora.

Fall? You mean blow up, is that not it?:lol: According to PDF ArAAAAAAAAAAabs invented suicide bombing. It is a 3000 year old Arab tradition when greeting a foreigner. In particular if he is an invading/occupying cancer, he/she tends to get blown up from time to time. We should be exporting more terrorism to our enemies. Not enough is being done.

Jalad Al khaleej when I was an angry teenager

Then Doritos11

F1000n

Now this

I was lurking PDF in 2015-16, then decided to join in 2017 to answer some "points" that got on my nerve...
As for the some Turks vs Arabs, it's a problem of mods... they let it run for too long, not gonna say one side was right... but both were fueling each other, both side had a behavior that was beyond acceptable many times. Even to this day, even though it's way less... you still got members who just made it their job, by trolling in specific threads...
The problem is the answer of some arabs... who instead answering in a way that give you the upper hand without falling to their level, some just fall into the trap, head first...

Now I will acknowledge that by numerical basis... Arabs were the lesser problem in that issue.

The Arabic forums are very limited in their "pop target" as it's Arabic only. I'm sure if they made an Eng only version... things could be more interesting.

It is not about any particular ethnicity or nationality. The type of user/person that I described has been growing in numbers on PDF across ethnicity, nationality, sect etc. for quite a while. Last few years in fact.

When there are no Arab users to pick their nonsense apart and put them in their place intellectually, this tends to occur on a forum of PDF's nature and diminishing level compared to old times.

The problem is that foreigners are obsessed about internal Arab affairs and Arabs. That is the only reason. I understand that we influenced them much more than they ever influenced us but there must be limits to the insanity.

In the real world Arabs do not hate/obsess about any nationality/ethnicity. Not even Israelis/Jews. It is almost always about Zionism. When it is about Iran it is about the Mullah's. When it is about Turkey it is about Turkish meddling in the Arab world. Similarly with the US or whatever else that has been meddling/is meddling and brings nothing good but mostly trouble.

Depends which Arabic forum. I can honestly say that the large Arab military forums are much better than PDF, with the only exception being that they are not as international as this one but that is due to language only but yet you have more foreigners, than you would ever expect on say a Urdu speaking, Turkish speaking or Farsi speaking military forum. With those foreigners being given room.

I mean, it is not without reason that Arabs have always been famous for our world famous traditional hospitality. It is deeply ingrained in us. The entire ancient honor code (even among Arabs) of HAVING to help even a struggling long-term enemy to feed/host him if he/she is in trouble. Unfortunately in today's world, foreign influence, Arabs picking up bad habits/being ignorant about their own past etc., are prone to imitating what should not be imitated but luckily that is a very small minority.

It is no different on PDF. I don't see any Arab users trolling out of nowhere other ethnicities, nationalities, countries etc. We simply don't care enough to engage in such a thing unless provoked beforehand. We have enough to look at on our own plate.

Even international forums like Reddit, pages relevant to Arabs/Arab affairs, are flooded by obsessed foreigners. This phenomenon should be studied by the world's leading psychiatrists, psychobiologists, anthropologists, and cognitive scientists. Basically the entire behavioral science community should look at this phenomenon, starting with PDF. Unfortunately I cannot be of any help, as this is not my field, but would have loved to take part.:lol:

Guys, it’s the coffee shop, just chill in here, no serious posts, for that arab defence section is available. Either serve me kava or i will bring in our speciality
Fantastic Tea”

Due to foreign meddling

I am worried about foreign non Arab or presence in the GCC. Its too high. Especially Indian. It's not good to me a minority in your own native land

This is only relevant for Qatar which is the size of Yorkshire and has a native population barely approaching 400.000. That and UAE although their native population is 5-6 times higher nowadays. Rest are majority Arab with large Arab expat groups.

Also have in mind that the fertility rates among the natives are relatively high. The native populations have grown by several 100% in recent decades.

1) Extreme and rapid industrialization and urbanization and some of the largest building booms witnessed anywhere in the world in recent times/recorded times

2) The extreme wealth (compared to population size in countries like such as UAE and Qatar in particular) which led (initially) to a foolish opinion that everything old was bad and outdated, leading to many beautiful historical villages, towns and cities being destroyed (not all as some have been kept and are now renovated in a great manner) and replaced by modern architecture which naturally needed a lot of workers (a big workforce) preferably a cheap workforce. Locals were not interested in doing it themselves by large now that they could pay for it, few would, in fact most would have done the same especially back then and if having such small native populations.

3) Those regions of Arabia were sparsely populated even for Arabian/Middle Eastern standards. Historically some of the oldest if not oldest recorded civilizations in the world were recorded in Eastern Arabia (oil and gas rich area of Arabia) such as Sumer, Dilmun, Megan etc. but compared to today's populations those populations 5000 + years ago were not huge either.

4) Eastern Arabia has/have/continue to this day to trade with neighboring Iran (UAE is Iran's closest regional trade partner, it hosts the largest Iranian diaspora in the world, many Arab Iranians and Sunni Persians migrated to the GCC and vice versa in the last few centuries) as well as South Asia which dates back to trade ties with IVC and millennia after that. Hence why the Arabian Sea is named as the Arabian Sea and why some of the earliest mosques in the world were build in what is today Western South Asia due to those ancient sea trade routes when Arabs used to dominate the sea trade routes.

5) That and South Asia hosting the largest impoverished population in the world outside of Sub-Saharan Africa, thus attracting hordes of people looking for a better livelihood. That and relative geographical proximity (compared to say China) and certain cultural/civilizational ties in particular with Muslims.

6) Early on most of the expats were fellow Arabs but in particular after most of the Palestinians welcomed Saddam's foolish invasion of Kuwait, most of the Palestinians were expelled from Kuwait and the regimes in the GCC (especially the small GCC countries) became suspicious against fellow Arabs because Arabs are traditionally/historically a very difficult people to control and due to a common language, culture, geography, history, it is far easier for an Arab expat to influence the local politics/societies than it is for a Pakistani, Indian, Nepali, Bangladeshi, Westerner, African, Horner etc.

In short, an Arab expat is a greater political threat than a non-Arab expat against the regimes in power and the Kuwait example scared them, I guess.

Today there are many Palestinians in Kuwait once again but locals can still be mistrustful of Palestinians (the old generation) who experienced the foolish war first hand.

7) Example of this was the MB infiltration (mostly Egypt and Syria) inside KSA under the King Faisal era when KSA was more inclined towards pan-Islamism and hosted persecuted MB members that were persecuted by Arab nationalist (secular) regimes in Egypt and Syria next door.

8) South Asia has an enormous population, almost 2 billion big, and their economies (in particular India) are big (India mostly again) already and will grow in the future so from an economic standpoint (what states value the most eventually, without money they cannot function and people tend to rebel), a close relationship with South Asia is beneficial for the GCC as we have an enormous positive trade balance with India for example.

9) Those people are not citizens and temporary residents until/if the laws get changed and if they do, small GCC countries will only pick/naturalize the brightest few (1% or so) of the expats that are willing to stay, just like the West/USA is doing. If they don't Qatar will turn into a small Indian colony for instance and which native would be interested in that? This type of immigration, every country likes. Maybe more than that, it depends on the ideology of the rulers and its popularity among the locals.

Most locals, regardless where it is in the world, are not too fond of sharing their wealth/riches with foreigners, this is something natural which explains (we are on PDF so I will use a Pakistani context) why many on PDF for instance are critical of Afghan refugees that Pakistan has welcomed or the Muhajir population that migrated from India next door.

Or in Iraq where Kurds never fully integrated into the Iraqi identity/society and continue to leech on Baghdad to the great displeasure of most locals, in particular those that live next door to them (Northern Iraq).

This is the short story.

Last edited:
Or in Iraq where Kurds never fully integrated into the Iraqi identity/society and continue to leech on Baghdad to the great displeasure of most locals, in particular those that live next door to them (Northern Iraq).

This is the short story.

Gurdistan 2003-2014: Article 140(Kirkuk status) must be implemented!!!!

2014 Massoud Tarzani: We consider article 140 implemented

2017-onwards KRG: Article 140!!!

biji wiji biji wiji biji wiji

These animals didn't stop their Kirkuk attempts btw, the issue is Baghdad's weak political situation might enable the Turds one day to get into Kirkuk again. There is only one solution and his name is Al-Majid. Imagine they take it, an Arab goes to Kirkuk and the Gurds bully him, make fun of him. I do not accept this possibility, the first ones that should be punished should be our fellow Arabs for being too soft, not the Gurds.

Al Abadi is golden compared to the animals we have

The one i am referring is to the thick one, most probably the lebanese version as the guy who made me was a lebanese. He also had this brick over, in which he made the bread
View attachment 595607

View attachment 595608

And secondly, what do you guys actually call this bread. I always refer to it simple as khubz. And the version of toum i was referring to is this one specifically. My taste buds detect that this version is more garlic rich than the thin Saudi one which I personally am not a fan of. There is this version, in which they mix in red chilli blended as well, but it feels good only in a perfect shawarma, nothing less.

Guys, it’s the coffee shop, just chill in here, no serious posts, for that arab defence section is available. Either serve me kava or i will bring in our speciality
Fantastic Tea”

KSA has literally 100's of different traditional breads. Each historical region, modern-day region, city, village etc. has their own version, whether thick, thin, large, small, medium and everything in between. Northern KSA has almost identical cuisine to Sham next door, in particular Jordanian, Palestinian and Southern Syrian. The same traditional dances too with the most famous outside of the Arab world being dabke for instance. Syrian nationalist still include that region of KSA (Northern KSA) in their pan-Syrian maps, lol.

A general rule, the Arab cuisine of the Arabian Peninsula uses more spices and more exotic ingredients (many of those exotic ingredients grow in Arabia such as coffee, tea, various spices, tropical fruits) than other areas of the Arab world. Morocco and Tunisia are the exceptions (Sudan as well) and Iraq as well. Other Arab cuisines do use plenty of spices, herbs etc. as well but less spicy from my experience. On the other hand we don't like too spicy food or spicy food that kills/overly dominates the taste of what we eat. For most Arabs South Asian cuisine (itself diverse, I know) is generally a bit too spicy although I know that Pakistani is more familiar than say Southern Indian which is very spicy from what I have tasted.

That is just regular pita.

In KSA/Yemen we tend to eat a lot of cheese breads and bread mixed with meat such as Murtabak (a famous Arabian dish that is a stable in South East Asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Muslim Mindanao due to large Arabian migrations to South East Asia)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murtabak

One of such breads being akkawi manakeesh where local cheese (mozzarella like), nigella seeds and Arabic herbs called za'atar is used. It is a snack before meals or as a breakfast meal.

I don't like to talk about Saudi Arabian cuisine without going into details as Saudi Arabian cuisine in reality depends entirely on the region in the country as they are so varied and the distances are so big.

Southern cuisine is completely different from Northern for instance which resembles Shami. Eastern Province is very similar to Iraqi and has similarities with Iranian and South Asian. Najdi is distinct on its own with hearty meals. Hijazi is similar to Egyptian next door, Shami next door and Yemeni with influences from all corners of the Muslim world due to the history of the region, diversity and Hajj and Umrah alone. Then you have other traditional regions and regions within Hijaz, Najd, Eastern Province etc. that differ.

For instance I was not aware that people in the South (mountainous mostly) drink pineapple juice with ginger (both grow locally) which I found out is drunk in the freaking Caribbean as well. How cool is that?

7:20 into the video below:

KSA has literally 100's of different traditional breads. Each historical region, modern-day region, city, village etc. has their own version, whether thick, thin, large, small, medium and everything in between. Northern KSA has almost identical cuisine to Sham next door, in particular Jordanian, Palestinian and Southern Syrian. The same traditional dances too with the most famous outside of the Arab world being dabke for instance. Syrian nationalist still include that region of KSA (Northern KSA) in their pan-Syrian maps, lol.

A general rule, the Arab cuisine of the Arabian Peninsula uses more spices and more exotic ingredients (many of those exotic ingredients grow in Arabia such as coffee, tea, various spices, tropical fruits) than other areas of the Arab world. Morocco and Tunisia are the exceptions (Sudan as well) and Iraq as well. Other Arab cuisines do use plenty of spices, herbs etc. as well but less spicy from my experience. On the other hand we don't like too spicy food or spicy food that kills/overly dominates the taste of what we eat. For most Arabs South Asian cuisine (itself diverse, I know) is generally a bit too spicy although I know that Pakistani is more familiar than say Southern Indian which is very spicy from what I have tasted.

That is just regular pita.

In KSA/Yemen we tend to eat a lot of cheese breads and bread mixed with meat such as Murtabak (a famous Arabian dish that is a stable in South East Asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Muslim Mindanao due to large Arabian migrations to South East Asia)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murtabak

One of such breads being akkawi manakeesh where local cheese (mozzarella like), nigella seeds and Arabic herbs called za'atar is used. It is a snack before meals or as a breakfast meal.

I don't like to talk about Saudi Arabian cuisine without going into details as Saudi Arabian cuisine in reality depends entirely on the region in the country as they are so varied and the distances are so big.

Southern cuisine is completely different from Northern for instance which resembles Shami. Eastern Province is very similar to Iraqi and has similarities with Iranian and South Asian. Najdi is distinct on its own with hearty meals. Hijazi is similar to Egyptian next door, Shami next door and Yemeni with influences from all corners of the Muslim world due to the history of the region, diversity and Hajj and Umrah alone. Then you have other traditional regions and regions within Hijaz, Najd, Eastern Province etc. that differ.

For instance I was not aware that people in the South (mountainous mostly) drink pineapple juice with ginger (both grow locally) which I found out is drunk in the freaking Caribbean as well. How cool is that?

7:20 into the video below:

What i do is i buy like 4-5kg za’atar at one go, normally put them inside bun with cheese and i mean the jabn, and then hve at least 4 of such sandwiches. Makes me quite heavy for like an hour.

Mutabbaq, i have had quite a lot, not common everywhere, but really tasty and requires effort.

If you by any chance ever have the pleased of visiting pak, i suggest you to visit any random “quetta tea hotel” and you will find quite some similarities between those making mutabbaq and the quetta hotel.

My personal favorite was and always has been hamoos but then once, i tried mutabbal, ever since, that has been ruling my plates at least once a week.

Simple, light but tasty and healthy.

What do you guys name this ? This is one of the best arabian desserts for me atleast.

Since this one is a true KSA/UAE originated dish, i believe you might know the true recipe as well ? Especially the syrup on top, and tell me the arabic name most importantly, i forget all the time !!!

upload_2019-12-26_8-8-58.jpeg

Since this one is a true KSA/UAE originated dish, i believe you might know the true recipe as well ? Especially the syrup on top, and tell me the arabic name most importantly, i forget all the time !!!
KSA/UAE originated :disagree:

There are plently of nations to claim it as their own, including Greeks. For example: "The first written news of a sweet similar to Loukoumades comes with the Greek-Sicilian Poet Archestratus lived in VI Century BC, and describe deep fried donuts soaked into the honey syrup called at that time Enkrides"

It's called Lokma in Turkish, Loqumat in Arabic and Lokumades in Greek lol

There are plently of nations to claim it as their own, including Greeks. For example: "The first written news of a sweet similar to Loukoumades comes with the Greek-Sicilian Poet Archestratus lived in VI Century BC, and describe deep fried donuts soaked into the honey syrup called at that time Enkrides"

It's called Lokma in Turkish, Loqumat in Arabic and Lokumades in Greek lol
So it’s that old !!!! :o::o::o:

I can't say it's Greek, read well that it says "The first written news of a sweet similar to Loukoumades"
Is that honey syrup or almond syrup ?

Coz the one’s i had at an arab festival with local old ladies wearing all the traditional hijab with the plastic on nose/face, they were making them live, in a hut made of straws as a part of display of heritage and culture.

I had them, too amazing, but heavy as well due to the syrup.

Then mom tried the recipe, they were good but we messed up at the syrup thing by using honey directly. I then read somewhere that it is almond syrup, tried again, it was perfect

Is that honey syrup or almond syrup ?

Coz the one’s i had at an arab festival with local old ladies wearing all the traditional hijab with the plastic on nose/face, they were making them live, in a hut made of straws as a part of display of heritage and culture.

I had them, too amazing, but heavy as well due to the syrup.

Then mom tried the recipe, they were good but we messed up at the syrup thing by using honey directly. I then read somewhere that it is almond syrup, tried again, it was perfect
Possible, because it's more like regional than national.

If Turks were Arabized (actually correct term is Persianized,) then we can’t ignore the fact that Arab were Turkified.

Egypt, Levant, North Africa, and Gulf are heavily influenced by Turkish culture. From clothes, headdressses, food, desserts, furniture, architecture, woodwork, pottery, and all other cultural identifiers are basically Turkish.

I bet most Arab nationalists of Levant here on this forum don’t even know that Yemenis and Omanis were influenced by Pakistani culture. Many of their women wear Pakistani clothes and men wear Pakistani shawls/shalwar kameez.

It’s not always a one way street.

I wonder if this illiterate clown ever read a history book.

Every the nomadic Turks took was from Arabs,Greeks, Armenians and Iranians but this clown Always twist history 180 degrees lol :lol:

All of the so called famous ottomans were of non Turkic origin like mimar sinan, sokollu pasha, koprulu family and Bargali Ibrahim pasha

All of their mosques are of Armenian and Byzantine design and their woodwork and dress is from Levant yet this clueless clown from Pakistan say that Arabs took their culture and arts from the Turks who themselves were nothing but nomad dwelling in Siberia and northern China :lol:

I wonder if this illiterate clown ever read a history book.

Every the nomadic Turks took was from Arabs,Greeks, Armenians and Iranians but this clown Always twist history 180 degrees lol :lol:

All of the so called famous ottomans were of non Turkic origin like mimar sinan, sokollu pasha, koprulu family and Bargali Ibrahim pasha

All of their mosques are of Armenian and Byzantine design and their woodwork and dress is from Levant yet this clueless clown from Pakistan say that Arabs took their culture and arts from the Turks who themselves were nothing but nomad dwelling in Siberia and northern China :lol:

He should wash his mouth before he speaks of the great Yemen and its old Arab history. Our duty is to enforce the borders of the entire Arab world

Back
Top Bottom