What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Are there any Emiratis here? I wanted to create a thread to ask about this random question but perhaps best to post it directly here.

Why are so many internet/social media communication apps/methods banned in Dubai? Things like calling on iMessage is banned, Skype is banned, and apparently now as of recently internet calls don't work in Dubai at all!

Am I wrong about these things or, if not, what is the reason for these bans?

Thanks
@Khafee
No clue if he is active though.

Some of the common sense messages I read here will help me better assess the situation. For myself, I noticed my lack of empathy to some Arab brothers.

In order not to create any polemic, I will not be involved. But if a person speaks too much about ignorance, there may be either arrogance or greater ignorance.

However, I would like to thank @Falcon29 and @Philip the Arab for their writings. I have sharing same motivation and understanding.

I haven't written this title before, and I don't think I will. For this reason, I would like to send my best wishes to Iraqi friends by the way. I can't figure out exactly what happened but I hope the country will be at peace soon.

@ArabianEmpires&Caliphates

Alhasani, I have a question for you, what is the words Tauhid meaning in Arabic ? I saw Wikipedia and it said it means unification. Some Christian try to make it as if the meaning backs their Trinity doctrine. As far as I know the word Tauhid itself is never mentioned on Quran. Its just the definition made by early Muslim scholars to define Oneness of God.

Last edited:

Alhasani, I have a question for you, what is the words Tauhid meaning in Arabic ? I saw Wikipedia and it said it means unification. Some Christian try to make it as if the meaning backs their Trinity doctrine. As far as I know the word Tauhid itself is never mentioned on Quran. Its just the definition made by early Muslim scholars to define Oneness of God.
whid as i know means unity in a form, nothing like it can be fund. tawhid means believing in a such being. obviously Arabs can discuss better than me in this regard.

whid as i know means unity in a form, nothing like it can be fund. tawhid means believing in a such being. obviously Arabs can discuss better than me in this regard.

If it means unity in form I think it is a bad definition made by early Muslim scholar about oneness of God. I have read the translation of Quran until finished and I dont find the word Tauhid in it.

If it means unity in form I think it is a bad definition made by early Muslim scholar about oneness of God. I have read the translation of Quran until finished and I dont find the word Tauhid in it.
Instead of relying on translations, actually learning Arabic would do wonders. AND until you do, quit passing judgement.

Are you living in Iran? Is defence.pk blocked there?
yes i do and no it is not.

well i'm sure you have red the word ahad, tawhid is a derivative of word ahad.

Don't listen to Christian preachers. The word "Tawhid" has nothing to do with the Christian trinity doctrine. Rather the opposite in fact. The trinity is not even mentioned in the Bible because it is a Christian tradition that originates from European (Greek and Roman) paganism, later adopted by Christians.

Tawhid in Arabic means attributing oneness to Allah (swt) and describing Allah (swt) as being one and unique, with no partner or peer in his essence and attributes.

Tawhid means monotheism that is believing in one true God who has no associates or parters. It's root word is waahid, ahad and waheed.

This word (Tawheed) and its derivatives are used with this meaning in the Qur’aan and Sunnah. For example:

“Say (O Muhammad): He is Allaah, (the) One [Ahad].Allaah‑us‑Samad [Allaah — the Self‑Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, (He neither eats nor drinks)].He begets not, nor was He begotten.And there is none co‑equal or comparable unto Him” (al-Ikhlaas 112:1-3)
“And your Ilaah (God) is One Ilaah [ilaahun waahidun] (God — Allaah), Laa Ilaaha illa Huwa (there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He), the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful” (al-Baqarah 2:163)
“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: ‘Allaah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).’ But there is no Ilaah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilaah [ilaahun waahidun] (God —Allaah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them” (al-Maa'idah 5:73)
The above verses from the Quran we can read that the concept of Oneness is found in the Quran. And the word Tawheed has derived from It's root word Waahid, Ahad and Waheed.

Did Prophet Muhammed Pbuh and His Companions know about the word Tawheed and the Answer is Yes!. We have Sahih Hadiths where the word Taweed is Explicity Mentioned, which tells us The Prophet Muhammed Pbuh and his Companions were well aware of the Word Taweed and this Word was used during the beginning of Islam. Let's cite a few hadiths to show Tawheed was a well known Word.
It was narrated from ‘Aishah and Abu Hurairah that when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) wanted to offer a sacrifice, he brought two large, fat, horned, black-and-white, castrated rams. He slaughtered one on behalf of his nation, for whoever testified to Allah with monotheism (بِالتَّوْحِيدِ )and that he had conveyed (the Message), and he slaughtered the other on behalf of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad (ﷺ). ( Sunan Ibn Majah Vol 4 Book 26 Hadith 3122)

The Word Tawheed is used in Arabic بِالتَّوْحِيدِ

“The Messenger of Allah came with two sheep both with big horns, then he reclined to one side and said: Bismillah wa Allahu Akbar, O Allah! Be with Muhammad and his family, then reclined to the other and said: Bismillah wa Allahu Akbar, O Allah! Be with Muhammad and his Ummah who testify/bear witness to you of/with TAWHEED and testify/bear witness to this statement/declaration. (Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah, collected by Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani, Matalib al-Aliya volume 3, page 32 (Hassan))

The Word Tawheed is used in Arabic ، بالتوحيد

“Amr bin Shu`aib narrated from his father, who narrated from his grandfather that al-Aas bin Wa’il took an oath during the pre-Islamic times (Jahiliyyah) that he would slaughter one hundred goats and that Hisham bin al-`Aas slaughtered his share of 50 goats. Then `Amr bin al-`Aas asked the Prophet (P) about that, and he said, “As for your father, if he affirmed TAWHIDand you fast and give charity on his behalf, it would benefit him.”

أما أبوك فلو كان أقر بالتوحيد، فصمت وتصدقت عنه نفعه ذلك “. (Imam Ahmad narrated this, See silsilah saheeha (484))

http://mustafa-apologist.blogspot.com/2017/01/are-words-tawheed-and-trinity-found-in.html

Don't listen to Christian preachers. The word "Tawhid" has nothing to do with the Christian trinity doctrine. Rather the opposite in fact. The trinity is not even mentioned in the Bible because it is a Christian tradition that originates from European (Greek and Roman) paganism, later adopted by Christians.

Tawhid in Arabic means attributing oneness to Allah (swt) and describing Allah (swt) as being one and unique, with no partner or peer in his essence and attributes.

Tawhid means monotheism that is believing in one true God who has no associates or parters. It's root word is waahid, ahad and waheed.

This word (Tawheed) and its derivatives are used with this meaning in the Qur’aan and Sunnah. For example:

“Say (O Muhammad): He is Allaah, (the) One [Ahad].Allaah‑us‑Samad [Allaah — the Self‑Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, (He neither eats nor drinks)].He begets not, nor was He begotten.And there is none co‑equal or comparable unto Him” (al-Ikhlaas 112:1-3)
“And your Ilaah (God) is One Ilaah [ilaahun waahidun] (God — Allaah), Laa Ilaaha illa Huwa (there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He), the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful” (al-Baqarah 2:163)
“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: ‘Allaah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).’ But there is no Ilaah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilaah [ilaahun waahidun] (God —Allaah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them” (al-Maa'idah 5:73)
The above verses from the Quran we can read that the concept of Oneness is found in the Quran. And the word Tawheed has derived from It's root word Waahid, Ahad and Waheed.

Did Prophet Muhammed Pbuh and His Companions know about the word Tawheed and the Answer is Yes!. We have Sahih Hadiths where the word Taweed is Explicity Mentioned, which tells us The Prophet Muhammed Pbuh and his Companions were well aware of the Word Taweed and this Word was used during the beginning of Islam. Let's cite a few hadiths to show Tawheed was a well known Word.
It was narrated from ‘Aishah and Abu Hurairah that when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) wanted to offer a sacrifice, he brought two large, fat, horned, black-and-white, castrated rams. He slaughtered one on behalf of his nation, for whoever testified to Allah with monotheism (بِالتَّوْحِيدِ )and that he had conveyed (the Message), and he slaughtered the other on behalf of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad (ﷺ). ( Sunan Ibn Majah Vol 4 Book 26 Hadith 3122)

The Word Tawheed is used in Arabic بِالتَّوْحِيدِ

“The Messenger of Allah came with two sheep both with big horns, then he reclined to one side and said: Bismillah wa Allahu Akbar, O Allah! Be with Muhammad and his family, then reclined to the other and said: Bismillah wa Allahu Akbar, O Allah! Be with Muhammad and his Ummah who testify/bear witness to you of/with TAWHEED and testify/bear witness to this statement/declaration. (Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah, collected by Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani, Matalib al-Aliya volume 3, page 32 (Hassan))

The Word Tawheed is used in Arabic ، بالتوحيد

“Amr bin Shu`aib narrated from his father, who narrated from his grandfather that al-Aas bin Wa’il took an oath during the pre-Islamic times (Jahiliyyah) that he would slaughter one hundred goats and that Hisham bin al-`Aas slaughtered his share of 50 goats. Then `Amr bin al-`Aas asked the Prophet (P) about that, and he said, “As for your father, if he affirmed TAWHIDand you fast and give charity on his behalf, it would benefit him.”

أما أبوك فلو كان أقر بالتوحيد، فصمت وتصدقت عنه نفعه ذلك “. (Imam Ahmad narrated this, See silsilah saheeha (484))

http://mustafa-apologist.blogspot.com/2017/01/are-words-tawheed-and-trinity-found-in.html

Thanks for the explanation bro, yup I do understand the concept of oneness of God is found in many verses in Quran, but what I mean in my previous post is that the word Tawhid itself is not found in Quran. Quran always say Ahad and Wahid to explain about His oneness. He never use Tawhid as a word to explain about His Oneness.

I also do understand about the meaning of Tawhid as a term in Islam, but what I want to ask is the real meaning of the word in Arabic. For example the word Tawhid can mean to unify if it is used as a verb. So I just want to know the real meaning of the word in Arabic ? And why Arab scholars uses this word as a term to explain the concept of oneness of God in Islam ? Is it because it is found in 2 hadith that you mentioned which are actually not a strong hadith ? When this term is universally used to explain the oneness concept of God ?

As example the meaning of word tawhid in these sentence below is to unify (or to unite) and unification (I use Arab -Indonesian translation). In Indonesia to unify means menyatukan and unification means penggabungan.

الاعداء الذين أفشلو توحيد الارض كان يستخدمهم

ألا وهو توحيد بلدنا العظيم هذا عن طريق السكك

https://www.almaany.com/id/dict/ar-id/توحيد‎/

This is from Wikipedia.

Tawhid (Arabic: توحيد‎ tawḥīd, meaning "unification or oneness of God"; also romanized as tawheed, touheed,Tauheed or tevhid[5]) is the indivisible oneness concept of monotheism in islam.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawhid

I ask this question because I sometimes have debate with Christian in Youtube channel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom