What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@HannibalBarca

How is the state of Tunis nowadays following the revolution of 2011? I hear from many Tunisians that life is still hard there but are people happy with political transition that took place? Btw are Tunisians mostly Arabs or some berbers? And are you Arab or have other roots? I never knew what Imaghisee was, apparently it is like an ethnic background in Morocco and I think Tunisia/Algeria too.
I hope Algeria and Sudan follow Tunisian route and successful in their transition into democracy. Until so far there is no Algerian troops dare to shoot the demonstrator, it is a good sign.
Yes indeed brother I am impressed by Algeria. There have been some minor incidents on the ground but Algerian people seem to have a real unity of some sort and they were prepared for their demonstrations as well as what they want to achieve. I don't think it is over yet but they at least have a plan and are consistently implementing it.

Sudan kind of came out of nowhere and has been more tense. It's also a confusing situation as far as how it continues to develop. I wish them the best too.

Hi, was out for a long time from PDF... Personal life and increase toxicity in here...
Just came her today to see ppl piece of mind on the Hong Kong event... Since they are now called Terros by China... Was Wondering if Pro-Chinese PDFians were all hear and soul on it...

As for TN, all good... TN never had a problem after the revo when it comes to Politics... what I meant by that... is not that the political maiden is peaceful and everyone is happy by it... but in TN we didn't get that feeling of " Will a coup happen? will X or Y take it by force? Will we fight for X or Y etc..." and that since the first election back in the days...
TN are and fell like any Arabs... But no one is dumb or stupid to think that their DNA is 100% as any Arab tribes around Mecca /Medina... Being an Arab doesn't mean being 100% of it... look at the Iranians... where a good part of them are more "Arabs" in term of DNA than some "Arabs" in the region and yet rejecting that identification.
Same goes all around the region... Who can say he isn't mixed... The Arab region is one of the most diverse ethnic maiden...
As for me, I'm mixed blood. EU/AR

As for the Revo, I will say it again... TN revo is special, no other country in the arab world had the conditions we had. We are among the highest educated pop in the region... We are extremely Homogeneous(ethnically/religious)... We had a slight different history compared to others, when it comes to individual freedom and that since the Independence and We are among if not the only country where those who could take power by force ie the Army was non existent...

As for DZ, there is a lot of similarities with TN, Education lvl/History etc... But what people feared is the Army vs Family confrontation and the people inbtw, but thankfully it seems one side tried to play the "good Cop" card first... in hope to gain some stability and lets be honest... Hoping to keep their future alive... Right now in Algeria... it's a bit how TN was just after Ben ali left... The most important point will be how things will be if the one they put in power doesn't answer ppl wishes... will they acknowledge his time in power and vote for someone else later on, like in TN or will they put their "blind love" on someone else in mid game and push him to be the new Hero... like in Egypt...

Will see.

Last edited:
@HannibalBarca

عودة سليمه أخونا هنبل

Yes, the Hong Kong situation looks pretty serious and getting worse. I understood the reason for protests but I still have to learn about the place Hong Kong has in China. Apparently they are Chinese but have more Western culture and govern themselves partially or something.

Had no idea you were mixed, that's cool. There are some others here like that as well.

Interesting about DZ. Like you said it appears one side of army tried granting the people some wishes but there is still more to it indeed. I don't think they will follow Sisi model, a lot of Algerians already warning the military of that. But, at same time don't know what they will do. I wonder if we ever young candidates for president or something. Why it's always old people is strange to me. Or at least not too old.

@ArabianEmpires&Caliphates

Do you believe in Moroccan black magic/baraka things so many Arabs are accusing Moroccans of? I have come accross these sayings recently in person warnings me of Morocco/Moroccan women in general which I at first took as a joke but it seems people take it serious.

Do you believe in Moroccan black magic/baraka things so many Arabs are accusing Moroccans of? I have come accross these sayings recently in person warnings me of Morocco/Moroccan women in general which I at first took as a joke but it seems people take it serious.

Is that not more of a Berber thing seeing that most Moroccan immigrants/migrants in the Netherlands are Berber if I am not wrong?

I have heard about that rumor as well but I have no clue how accurate it is. Probably nonsense.

Superstitions are not a rare thing anyway in the Arab world. Some people mix old pre-Islamic beliefs (legends) with jinns and the whole evil eye etc. I think the latter is more prevalent in Morocco (and such beliefs in general) among the rural Berber minority of Morocco.

As for Moroccan women, I have heard rumors of another "nature" but as you know there is often much unfunded prejudice out there.

The Moroccans that I have interacted with (even the Berbers) are on most fronts very similar to other Arabs, dialect aside. Depends on the Moroccan dialect of course as some are quite similar.

BTW can the leeches that are sitting in the Iraqi parliament not do something about this?

Simultaneously you have pro-Kord propaganda emerging in Western pamphlets (so-called media) time and time again as usual.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ey-return-idUSKBN1D91XL?utm_source=reddit.com

Yet to see positive and genuine news posted about any Arab country in Western media. Always the same nonsense. Probably controlled by Zionists (not joking as Jewish influence in the Western, especially American and British press is a well-known thing) in particular in the US.

Saw this video as well recently:

Not sure how accurate it is, but if true this is bad news once again. Add to that the whole ongoing problem with water disputes (Furat and Dijlah) and diminishing water resources within Iraq coupled with a growing population and a small coastline. Not even from an environmental perspective does it make much sense for the existing Arab countries of the Middle East to have such a siege mentality. If a regional federal state emerged such problems could be solved on a grand scale as that is what is needed to solve those problems if you ask me. Instead we have some idiots thinking about their own personal fiefdoms and dreaming about their city, region etc. becoming "independent".

Even if you have zero inclinations for any regional or Arab cooperation, simple logic would dictate that you will be in the wrong (sometime in the future long after we are dead) with how things are going right now.

Is that not more of a Berber thing seeing that most Moroccan immigrants/migrants in the Netherlands are Berber if I am not wrong?

I have heard about that rumor as well but I have no clue how accurate it is. Probably nonsense.

Superstitions are not a rare thing anyway in the Arab world. Some people mix old pre-Islamic beliefs (legends) with jinns and the whole evil eye etc. I think the latter is more prevalent in Morocco (and such beliefs in general) among the rural Berber minority of Morocco.

As for Moroccan women, I have heard rumors of another "nature" but as you know there is often much unfunded prejudice out there.

The Moroccans that I have interacted with (even the Berbers) are on most fronts very similar to other Arabs, dialect aside. Depends on the Moroccan dialect of course as some are quite similar.

BTW can the leeches that are sitting in the Iraqi parliament not do something about this?

Simultaneously you have pro-Kord propaganda emerging in Western pamphlets (so-called media) time and time again as usual.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ey-return-idUSKBN1D91XL?utm_source=reddit.com

Yet to see positive and genuine news posted about any Arab country in Western media. Always the same nonsense. Probably controlled by Zionists (not joking as Jewish influence in the Western, especially American and British press is a well-known thing) in particular in the US.

Iraq's MP's are taking a lot of money and buying up property abroad, they don't care about that. It's a tough situation, the army and other security forces protect the system whilst the system is cancer. People can't attack the army because ISIS would benefit which is an even bigger cancer.

Deadlocked situation and there won't be any coup, unlikely. I must say I feel bad for Basra, all that wealth and such a shithole. We're long past 2003, long past 1991 but they are using the same excuses. There really is nothing that we can do as individuals unless protests on a major scale emerge and then we can only be a part of it. Such protests bring major risks with them though as we know (Arab spring).

Iraq's MP's are taking a lot of money and buying up property abroad, they don't care about that. It's a tough situation, the army and other security forces protect the system whilst the system is cancer. People can't attack the army because ISIS would benefit which is an even bigger cancer.

Deadlocked situation and there won't be any coup, unlikely. I must say I feel bad for Basra, all that wealth and such a shithole. We're long past 2003, long past 1991 but they are using the same excuses. There really is nothing that we can do as individuals unless protests on a major scale emerge and then we can only be a part of it. Such protests bring major risks with them though as we know (Arab spring).

Well, corruption is rampant but surely there must be honest Iraqi patriots among the current so-called "elite" (in reality the real Iraqi elite is mostly abroad but that is another discussion) and political system (army included) that are willing to uproot that cancerous, corrupt and insufficient system from the roots. You will probably think that I am obsessed about the Iranian Mullah regime but a lot of the current problems is their doing and their local loyal "partners". Moreover Iran loves to see a weak Iraq too which they can easily attempt to try to control through their proxies and which enables them to flood the country with cheap and very bad Iranian produce.

The interesting thing is that the Iraqi Sunni Arab parts of Iraq, while much more unstable, and not having much oil or gas in comparison, are doing (or at least were pre-ISIS) much better in terms of basic infrastructure etc.

Problem is that supposed change should happen within the system to make such changes the least damaging. Most people will just follow what their leaders/the system is doing.

Same thing in KSA. If say some very conservative people were ruling KSA currently and wanted to keep the old status quo intact, if people rebelled and wanted some of the reforms to occur which have been seen in recent years, the regime/system would probably deal with them with a harsh hand. Instead if they lead as an example, people won't rebel or complain much.

Something similar is needed in Iraq from people within the system. It's incredibly difficult as the power is spread among numerous influential figures, parties etc. while in KSA it is centralized. 16 years of a corrupt system is hard to destroy.

As you say any unrest will be used by ISIS and also Kurds to weaken the central government so a revolution (wides-scale) is not the right thing to do.

However if this shit continues for say another 10 years, then I think that a lot of locals will lose their patience.

Last edited:

I believe in it... my Arabs friends father was forced into a relationship by a Moroccan women who threatened black magic on his family if he did not impregnate her.

I believe in it... my Arabs friends father was forced into a relationship by a Moroccan women who threatened black magic on his family if he did not impregnate her.
Magic affects only the ignorants who believe in it..

Isn't Sifr Islamic?
Expend on that a bit.. you question is no clear..Sifr in Arabic means zero..
I guess you mean Sihr..no it is not Islamic.. it predates Islam..that asks believers not to believe in it..

Expend on that a bit.. you question is no clear..Sifr in Arabic means zero..
I guess you mean Sihr..no it is not Islamic.. it predates Islam..that asks believers not to believe in it..
Yes I meant Sihr and had a brainfart. Don't Islamic scholars believe in black magic?

Yes I meant Sihr and had a brainfart. Don't Islamic scholars believe in black magic?

I think black magic is something to be believed, our prophet is one of the victim though. My aunt when she was still 5 years old also get affected by back magic, from being fat she turn skinny. There is a black magic in West Sumatra who suck the blood of little kids for the sake of improving their magic.

I think black magic is something to be believed, our prophet is one of the victim though. My aunt when she was still 5 years old also get affected by back magic, from being fat she turn skinny. There is a black magic in West Sumatra who suck the blood of little kids for the sake of improving their magic.
Evil eye is real of course, but I think those are myths in West Sumatra.

Back
Top Bottom