What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Qais Al Khazali seems good to me, worked as Sadr's spokesperson during the early days 2006-2009. Doesn't bullshit his way around, called Barzani openly an enemy. The problem comes from figures that pretend they are brothers and allies, or types like Maliki that are in positions they do not belong to.

Iraq will remain majority Shi'a, so to replace them all with non-Shias will never work and would be no different than an IS attempt. The PMU also is important in the current Iraqi atmosphere as a second army similar to the previous republican guard. The process of development lies not in dissolving them but improving training, cutting political ties to military units and treating corruption.

I have not been harmed by Iran or any Iranians but that is not needed to learn about the cancer that is the Iranian Mullah regime or that Iranians and Iran is an ancient enemy of Arabs and Semitic peoples. One just need to read pre-Islamic history (from 2500 years ago since Persians did not exist earlier, after all our ancestors where the first ones to record them and mention them in history by name) or Islamic history and if that is not enough they can take a look at the realities in the region in the past 40 years.

Currently, other than incompetence and corruption within the Arab world by respective regimes, no other bigger and more active cancer than the Iranian Mullah regime. This page (376) of this thread shows it clearly alone.

He is doing great scholarly work on that front. Personal life aside. Reasons for it aside too. He needs to be invited on more Arab platforms and get a bigger audience. I would very much like to visit him in Amman or where he lives currently and have a long talk with him and try to find solutions to the problem. Supporting him financially would be good as well.

Hey bud, are you the earlier arab poster (saif al arab i think) that was intersted in lot of arab culture, heritage + world tourism stuff?

Hey bud, are you the earlier arab poster (saif al arab i think) that was intersted in lot of arab culture, heritage + world tourism stuff?

Sorry for the late reply. I sometimes don't get all the tags when users mention me.

Yes, I took an almost 1 year long break from PDF due to a very busy life schedule. Openly wrote about it here as well. Before that I asked for a permanent ban from WebMaster after changing my avatar to a troll avatar and my wish was granted. I am interested in far too many topics to list here (lol) but never much about "world tourism stuff". Indeed very interested in the history of the Arab world and its heritage. Any particular reason for asking or just curiosity? Not that I mind.

@Al Watan Al Arabi

13 countries he said, he needs a lecture. Infact let's make sure he has 22 countries to migrate to.

Grave mistake indeed.

What is that for a Twitter account?

Yes, I took an almost 1 year long break from PDF due to a very busy life schedule. Openly wrote about it here as well. Before that I asked for a permanent ban from WebMaster after changing my avatar to a troll avatar and my wish was granted. I am interested in far too many topics to list here (lol) but never much about "world tourism stuff". Indeed very interested in the history of the Arab world and its heritage. Any particular reason for asking or just curiosity? Not that I mind.

Nope, just was curious, we had some good interaction on various topics....like Arab cultural links with India historically etc (and we got into talking about the cuisine etc as well).

Its good to have you back!

Nope, just was curious, we had some good interaction on various topics....like Arab cultural links with India historically etc (and we got into talking about the cuisine etc as well).

Its good to have you back!

No problem at all. Yes, I have had quite a few very interesting interactions with friendly Indians and practically every nationality on PDF for that matter.

Since Arabia/Arab World and South Asia are almost neighbors (Arabian Sea) and there having been many ties throughout the millennia and this being a Pakistani forum, I often highlight those close historical, religious, cultural, linguistic, trade, people to people interactions etc. as it is not only interesting but could and should serve to further improve the mutually beneficial ties. That and not only discussing about politics, affairs and military stuff. In particular from an Arab perspective due to the many recent conflicts post "Arab Spring". It gets a little bit tiring and not many Arab users left (tiny amount) so those of us that discuss that stuff, we keep repeating ourselves. So it is good to be able to discuss some other topics.

If I recall (correct me if I am wrong, might confuse you for other Indian user that I had discussions with in the past) you are from Kerala right? If true, I don't really need to tell much about the ties between that area of India and Arabia/Arab world. You guys (please correct me if I am wrong) have not had closer or longer ties with many if any foreigners as with Arabs. Even to this day there are a very big Keralite (word?) diaspora in KSA and the GCC.

(landscapes similar to the monsoon affected areas of Oman, Yemen and Southern KSA)

2.8 million views (lol)

BTW I know that this is a Pakistani forum and you guys are at odds since forever, but from an Arab perspective and historical perspective, we would prefer peace and stability in South Asia and I personally have little reason to hate any South Asian people or ethnic group etc. At most some governments/politicians and their actions. I mean if people from all backgrounds from South Asia can live peacefully in the GCC, I don't need to "defend" my position.

Thanks and cheers mate.

@Al Watan Al Arabi @CamelGuy

What you guys eat for snacks? As a child I would eat junk food for snacks. As an adult it's always something healthy . But, usually not filling enough, lol. I have not ate chips in a long time and I miss that stuff, even if it isn't healthy. Otherwise I'm thinking of getting a bunch of turkey , mayo and other stuff to be able to make some quick sandwiches.

What you guys eat for snacks? As a child I would eat junk food for snacks. As an adult it's always something healthy . But, usually not filling enough, lol. I have not ate chips in a long time and I miss that stuff, even if it isn't healthy. Otherwise I'm thinking of getting a bunch of turkey , mayo and other stuff to be able to make some quick sandwiches.

I don't think I eat well, i'm trying to eat better but I feel i'm addicted to sugar, not sure how to overcome that addiction

I don't think I eat well, i'm trying to eat better but I feel i'm addicted to sugar, not sure how to overcome that addiction

Coffee and Bananas are a good replacement for sugary snacks. I eat well overall, just not enough and on a consistent basis. Usually lunch is the issue, not sure what to eat around that time. With Arabs it's usually just breakfast and dinner. Most of the time just dinner.

Coffee and Bananas are a good replacement for sugary snacks. I eat well overall, just not enough and on a consistent basis. Usually lunch is the issue, not sure what to eat around that time. With Arabs it's usually just breakfast and dinner. Most of the time just dinner.

Fruits are good idea for sure....in balance of course.

Also how about peanuts, almonds etc and things like that. They give a satisfying taste if you have sweet tooth (i.e can get honey roasted etc) and can carry you over to next meal without indulging too much. They also have good healthy fats in them.

People imo, should stay away from anything that has zero nutritional value and only sugar energy (unless you plan on expending that energy quickly after) as much as possible. Leave them for a treat only.

Arabs have some great cuisine too with roasted meats, lentil soups, falafel and good breads and all varieties of those....people can definitely plan a good healthy diet on just arab food.

Also for breakfast, people can try rolled oatmeal (and you can flavour it with adding sweet or savoury condiments depending on your taste). The good thing is I have found this has slow burning energy that carries you for good portion of the day....you dont really get too much hunger urges if you plan on skipping lunch or having it light etc...and has good complex carbs and fiber too.

I never really ate much if any junk or fast food in my life. I don't really have a sweet tongue unless it is Ramadan. My guilty pleasures are probably Lays Paprika chips (the only kind of mainstream chips that I really like, eat them maybe once or twice a year), snickers ice cream and chocolate, lol. Some more too as well that I forgot if I thought about it closely.

As for snacks I am eating a lot of vegetables, fruits, various nuts and of course your typical Arabic "snack" dishes but most tend to be relatively healthy so not a big problem.

I don't gain nor loose weight (maybe it will change once I get older) regardless of how much or how little I eat. I do try to stay fit (going to the gym 2 sometimes 3 times a week, sometimes I don't at all also, the last 2 months have been bad due to a busy schedule, work etc., some running, used to do boxing and play tons of football and basketball - now not any longer as you get older and family, friends etc. don't do it much either).

I eat a lot of fish, seafood, lamb, chicken, vegetables, fruit, herbs, (spices too depending on the dish) use olive oil frequently, all kinds of bread (traditional, pita, ordinary bread etc.), various milk products (cheeses and yoghurt mostly) and drink a lot of water. Stopped drinking much coffee and tea but do drink it weekly just not as frequently as I used to.

BTW I actually try not to eat much (sometimes very, very little food other than some fruit and vegetables or nuts) at least once every week or 2. Some kind of "mini fast". My body does not really mind it and I don't feel without energy or tired and can go to the gym for 1-1.5 hours of some weight lifting and a bit of running without trouble or go for a long walk. Doing your everyday kind of activities without a problem. However I always drink a lot of water during such days and always tend to eat a lot the day before such days.

Obviously not smoking, not eating your typical fast food, not drinking any alcohol, barely eating any non-healthy snacks etc. helps a long way.

So occasionally some chocolate, ice cream and more rarely some chips is not a big deal at all.

BTW I obviously eat falafel, kebab, shawarma, kushari, manaseeh/pizza, mantu samboosa, mutabaq etc. but in healthy amounts and not too frequently.

Obviously I also eat traditional sweets and more of them during Ramadan (as I wrote) because I tend to have a more sweet tongue so a dish like luqaimat is normal.

As @Falcon29 rightly wrote you can replace sugary foods (especially the not very healthy kind) with fruits, yoghurt and dark chocolate for instance. Being hydrated (drinking lots of water) also helps. I try to drink at least 2.5 l every single day.

Some 1.5-2 years ago I discovered sweet potatoes (very healthy) and started eating them regularly. They are incredibly nutritious and have a somewhat sweet taste. Much better than your ordinary potatoes that I am not much a fan of.

Instead of eating too much rice, pasta/food containing pastry, I have started eating them on a weekly basis. I mostly prepare them in an oven. Taste better than if boiling them.

Also how about peanuts, almonds etc and things like that. They give a satisfying taste if you have sweet tooth (i.e can get honey roasted etc) and can carry you over to next meal without indulging too much. They also have good healthy fats in them.

People imo, should stay away from anything that has zero nutritional value and only sugar energy (unless you plan on expending that energy quickly after) as much as possible. Leave them for a treat only.

Arabs have some great cuisine too with roasted meats, lentil soups, falafel and good breads and all varieties of those....people can definitely plan a good healthy diet on just arab food.

Also for breakfast, people can try rolled oatmeal (and you can flavour it with adding sweet or savoury condiments depending on your taste). The good thing is I have found this has slow burning energy that carries you for good portion of the day....you dont really get too much hunger urges if you plan on skipping lunch or having it light etc...and has good complex carbs and fiber too.

Great suggestions. I eat oatmeal also and crushed nuts (various) with yoghurt (natural usually). I often add dried raisins too.

BTW I absolutely love Indian naan bread (tandoor oven) with cheese.:D

I never really ate much if any junk or fast food in my life. I don't really have a sweet tongue unless it is Ramadan. My guilty pleasures are probably Lays Paprika chips (the only kind of mainstream chips that I really like, eat them maybe once or twice a year), snickers ice cream and chocolate, lol. Some more too as well that I forgot if I thought about it closely.

As for snacks I am eating a lot of vegetables, fruits, various nuts and of course your typical Arabic "snack" dishes but most tend to be relatively healthy so not a big problem.

I don't gain nor loose weight (maybe it will change once I get older) regardless of how much or how little I eat. I do try to stay fit (going to the gym 2 sometimes 3 times a week, sometimes I don't at all also, the last 2 months have been bad due to a busy schedule, work etc., some running, used to do boxing and play tons of football and basketball - now not any longer as you get older and family, friends etc. don't do it much either).

I eat a lot of fish, seafood, lamb, chicken, vegetables, fruit, herbs, (spices too depending on the dish) use olive oil frequently, all kinds of bread (traditional, pita, ordinary bread etc.), various milk products (cheeses and yoghurt mostly) and drink a lot of water. Stopped drinking much coffee and tea but do drink it weekly just not as frequently as I used to.

BTW I actually try not to eat much (sometimes very, very little food other than some fruit and vegetables or nuts) at least once every week or 2. Some kind of "mini fast". My body does not really mind it and I don't feel without energy or tired and can go to the gym for 1-1.5 hours of some weight lifting and a bit of running without trouble or go for a long walk. Doing your everyday kind of activities without a problem. However I always drink a lot of water during such days and always tend to eat a lot the day before such days.

Obviously not smoking, not eating your typical fast food, not drinking any alcohol, barely eating any non-healthy snacks etc. helps a long way.

So occasionally some chocolate, ice cream and more rarely some chips is not a big deal at all.

BTW I obviously eat falafel, kebab, shawarma, kushari, manaseeh/pizza, mantu samboosa, mutabaq etc. but in healthy amounts and not too frequently.

Obviously I also eat traditional sweets and more of them during Ramadan (as I wrote) because I tend to have a more sweet tongue so a dish like luqaimat is normal.

As @Falcon29 rightly wrote you can replace sugary foods (especially the not very healthy kind) with fruits, yoghurt and dark chocolate for instance. Being hydrated (drinking lots of water) also helps. I try to drink at least 2.5 l every single day.

Some 1.5-2 years ago I discovered sweet potatoes (very healthy) and started eating them regularly. They are incredibly nutritious and have a somewhat sweet taste. Much better than your ordinary potatoes that I am not much a fan of.

Instead of eating too much rice, pasta/food containing pastry, I have started eating them on a weekly basis. I mostly prepare them in an oven. Taste better than if boiling them.

Great suggestions. I eat oatmeal also and crushed nuts (various) with yoghurt (natural usually). I often add dried raisins too.

BTW I absolutely love Indian naan bread (tandoor oven) with cheese.:D
Weird question but are you full Arab? I remebr some other member here saying you had a French mother or something. I am half Arab so i don't discriminate and will consider you Arab as the Blacks in America do with bi-racial Blacks.

Forsure, I like to eat peanut butter and roasted peanuts. Unfortunately , I do get reactions to other nuts , otherwise I would be snacking on them like crazy.

Agreed, this is why I'm probably going to check out some healthy protein bars for quick snacks on the go. Or even healthy shakes.

Without a doubt, Arab food always has veggies, meats, rice, other plants and so on. At the restaurants it is nutrition packed. Home cooking is not as nutrition packed but still solid meals that have what you need and are healthy.

Never tried that before, you mean the oatmeal mix or something else? If I eat a nutritious breakfast like an omelet with hashbrownes /toast, I can go till about mid day or close to dinner time on that alone.

Thats great man, one my regrets as a child was not eating healthy snacks. But, I did eat a bunch of Arabic food and got the proper meats for brain growth, lol. I'd say we eat too much meat as Arabs but I don't mind it at all.

Same here, like broccoli or those fresh french peas among others.

My weight doesn't change either. Except in Ramadan I lose a bit of weight. Otherwise to gain weight I need to lift and eat a crap ton of food.

My family love fish, I love only like two specific local kinds. It is very good for you and often overlooked . Shrimp is also an favorite. Cheese is a big deal with Palestinians, we pretty much eat it on a daily basis. With olive oil of course. :lol:

I can cut coffee but I don't really. Not the type to have any withdrawal symptoms. I feel I will cut it at one point soon especially if I go back to lifting again.

Nice, I don't need lots of food because I'm thin anyways. If I do intensive cardio exercises I quickly get hungry though. Mini fasts are healthy with a good diet and lots of water, I can imagine.

Yeah Ramadan is not good when it comes to how much sweets everyone makes. Ramadan is really tough depending where you live. If it was two hours earlier it would make a big difference in sleeping schedule, diet and so on.

Weird question but are you full Arab? I remebr some other member here saying you had a French mother or something. I am half Arab so i don't discriminate and will consider you Arab as the Blacks in America do with bi-racial Blacks.

No, you can ask, lol, does not bother me at all.:lol:
An Iranian troll says that because he knows that I lived in France and openly wrote about it here earlier when I did that. Another said I was an Afro-Arab years ago as some kind of "insult". I had a cosmopolitan upbringing due to family background, studies abroad and have relatives in many Arab countries and also in Europe where I am currently based and have been for quite a while. My father's side of the family (Hijazi Hashemites) are mixed with ties to more than just 1 Arab country. Mother's side of the family similarly. Hence growing up in an Arab patriotic household and hence my views that I have always held and strong emphasis on Arab unity. it s just a reflection of my own family and upbringing so it comes natural.
If Circassian is considered European and a European female convert of French-Spanish origins (in the immediate lineage) then yes, but Hijazi Hashemites (like any dynasty in the past) mixed with some non-Arabs occasionally as can be seen by any genealogists and historian or pirate person. But other than that fully I am completely and fully Arab.
In any way most Arabs in the region (especially from well-known families) will have some foreign blood in them. Even Bedouins (as proven by DNA). Consider the Hajj, Umrah, all the minorities/diversity, invasions, slavery, sea trade etc. Most might not be able to trace it via their known lineage, have not really dwelled into it or just don't consider it important. Have in mind that we are all mixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom