What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

No, I don't have any Youtube channels bro but I do tend to watch certain youtubers (Arab as well as non-Arab). It's a quite interesting media on many fronts. In particular related to business/investments but not only. Many informative Youtube channels out there that deal with military matters, engineering, physics, astronomy, history, linguistics, religion, philosophy, sports etc.

Just post the youtube channel. You made me curious. If you thought that was me, it must be a person whose videos (at least some of them) I would find interesting.:lol:

Lol, I came across the channel earlier just watching some vlogs in Saudi Arabia. He does a few travel/city vlogs but also touches on other social issues in the world which is why I suspected, haha. Here you go though:

^

@Falcon29

I can assure you that this is not me. I don't live in Khobar (it looks like Khobar) let alone the Eastern Province. Never have. Nor have I ever studied in Canada. In fact I am yet to visit.

I can conclude, from the topics that he discusses, that this video is quite outdated and was made 3-4 years ago.

However he seems like a knowledgeable, friendly and straightforward guy. Like most Saudi Arabians are IMO.

What I miss is what foreigners find interesting when they visit KSA. For some reason a tendency have developed where everything new, shiny (as in the case of the malls, restaurants, roads, buildings, private houses, neighborhoods etc. that he is showing) is the best while all the heritage that is found in abundance in and around Al-Khobar and the Eastern Province as a whole (let alone all of KSA) is ignored because it is not new, shiny or "modern".

While a Westerner (average) would find that much more interesting than showing that, yes, in KSA we have some American fast food chains (I hate them) of which I have never visited 80% of them (at least personally).

So I prefer (100 times over) such videos from KSA that does it more justice.

But fair play to him for saying that this is just a tiny, tiny part of his own neighborhood, Al-Khobar and that KSA is millions time more things than just this. I also liked that he touched upon road safety or lack thereof (LOL), KSA being a constant and permanent building place (LOL) in many areas.

However when he talked about weather (October being winter, lol) he was wrong. "Winter" in KSA starts in late November and lasts until early March. October and November is autumn. March and April spring.

May, June, July, August and September are summer. Hottest months in most areas of KSA (if not all).

Also 50 degrees celsius never occurs regularly anywhere in KSA. The highest emrpoature measured in KSA is 52 degrees and that was during a heatwave (exceptional) in Jeddah many years ago. Higher temperatures in neighboring Kuwait, Iraq and Iran in particular (that triangle where all 3 countries are in close proximity) is significantly hotter than all of KSA due to those areas being lowland and close to the Gulf. Unlike most of KSA which is mountainous/highland. Even during the summer months, due to KSA having an arid desert climate mostly, differences in night and day temperatures are significant. We are talking about (sometimes) 30 degrees within a few hours in the summer months.

In the coastal Eastern province (which has the highest humidity in KSA due to the prolixity to water) summers feel warmer than in the interior, north, south and west of the country due to geography and that part of KSA being the most lowland territory. However during the summer temperatures usually (during the middle, middle in particular) are around 38-46 degrees (rarely above that). That is obviously very hot by all measures but if you are used to it, not that bad, minus the humidity which thankfully is very limited in most of KSA expect the coastal regions of the Eastern province during the summer and certain parts in and around Jeddah (Red Sea) but less so.

^

Continued:

This is the type of KSA and its many (tons in fact) of hidden treasures that need to be exposed if not outright propagandized rather than the typical and moronic and constant obsession/focus on some mall in Riyadh and skyscrapers, neighborhoods, compounds and what not.

Continued:

(A shame that one cannot post more than 6 Youtube videos in a single post, forces me to make 3 posts in row)

For instance how many people are ware of the fact that KSA is home to the largest olive plantation in the world? Or home to the largest national parks in the Arab world and Muslim world? Well, I did not know until not long ago and it's not like many locals know either let alone "propagandize". All the good sides (which are many) of KSA are somehow forgotten. One really needs to dig it up and how it in its natural form.

@Falcon29

Continued:

I believe that this video speaks for itself. Landscapes not far away from coastal Southern Hijaz.

DmfJNy1W0AA1VvV.jpg

Dlx3ILCX4AAkbYr.jpg

Dlx3ILCX4AIxLTF.jpg

DlVBOhtW0AEXJaT.jpg

DlVBOhMX0AEDn5B.jpg

DmEpbo7XgAAaell.jpg

DmEpbo0X0AAscfR.jpg

DmEpbo2WsAA6hEd.jpg

DmEpboyXgAUOyRb.jpg

DkxsfVLW4AAoK2t.jpg

DkxsfVSWwAIshe6.jpg

Al Wadj Bank, Saudi Arabia (NASA, International Space Station Science, 12/30/07) by NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, on Flickr

فرسان
by Jazan Know, on Flickr

development-3.jpg

486406971_e6598b2c2b_o.jpg

Tabuk area منطقة تبوك by tabuk تبوك, on Flickr

... by Fahad Almazyad, on Flickr

2wgszfa.jpg

DS3mwJVWsAcHCWH.jpg

C5QVx2mWYAAwTeu.jpg:large

Compare my sentiments to this.

I have a Da Vinci Painting at my disposal and I am desperate to show it to the world who knows very little if nothing about its existence. At most some distant rumor. Or the (very rarely) visitor that I showed it to who tend tells it to a few people who don't want to believe him or her. A perfect analogy.:lol: This is how I see KSA currently. That is why I am praying that KSA will open up (for real) for tourism from all corners of the world. Obviously not mass-tourism and senseless tourism.

VLOGS on Youtube about KSA are mostly created by expats that have little or no Arabic knowledge, are not traveling and experiencing KSA as a country much, mostly confined to a specific region, city, town and even more rarely village etc. Part of this is also due to the difficulties of such people traveling across KSA due to a lack of a developed tourism sector and previously political stumbling blocks. To this day people visiting for Hajj and Umrah (VISA for that) cannot travel freely around KSA.

A good VLOG from Saudi Arabian created by an actual Saudi Arabian is this blog below (woman and vegetarian moreover). She is doing a great job both in English an Arabic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Raoum12/videos

Cute girl and talented too. Great cook it seems.

Obviously not searched much about this but I am sure that you can find tons of Western expats alone that do this VLOG. Just made a search and the first video I saw was of some Western women that uploaded a video 3 weeks ago sitting in some swimming pool or compound.

Last edited:
@Falcon29

That guy (that you linked to, his initial video) is not too dumb actually. Seems like a great guy.

The Saudi vegetarian blogger that I talked about in the previous post.

@Saif al-Arab

This sites are beautiful, especially those mountains, had no idea there are landscapes like that in Saudi Arabia. Are there any tours in Saudi Arabia for visitors as far as these sites go or is that still in the plans? I love nature and I have the energy for those kind of hikes/tours. My family on other hand won't last 5 minutes, lol. I know most people go to KSA for Umrah/Hajj but it's nice to see there is more to explore. How would one get a visa? An Umrah visa is easy to get but I don't know about tourist visas.

I love the beach scene in most Middle Eastern nations. I love swimming in a sea, sadly don't have that where I live, lol. But, I'd need it to be really hot. I don't like swimming in the 70's with some wind. 90's at least for me to not get shivers.

I looked through your other pictures , Saudi Arabia would just need to establish a reputation for tourism(besides the Islamic pilgrimage) like UAE did with Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Doesn't happen overnight but pays off.

Do you go out for takheem?

Mostly a Najdi thing. Been to a few and it is great.

Bonfire, Arabian coffee, Arabian tea, dates, frankincense burning in the background, nice music, poetry, storytelling, beautiful nature, night sky, you are out in the open thus fresh air and a feeling of true "freedom" etc. Tons of people to socialize with. You cannot look at it in isolation. It needs to be experienced first hand.

Afterwards hunting or falconry. Great stuff.

@Saif al-Arab

This sites are beautiful, especially those mountains, had no idea there are landscapes like that in Saudi Arabia. Are there any tours in Saudi Arabia for visitors as far as these sites go or is that still in the plans? I love nature and I have the energy for those kind of hikes/tours. My family on other hand won't last 5 minutes, lol. I know most people go to KSA for Umrah/Hajj but it's nice to see there is more to explore. How would one get a visa? An Umrah visa is easy to get but I don't know about tourist visas.

I love the beach scene in most Middle Eastern nations. I love swimming in a sea, sadly don't have that where I live, lol. But, I'd need it to be really hot. I don't like swimming in the 70's with some wind. 90's at least for me to not get shivers.

I looked through your other pictures , Saudi Arabia would just need to establish a reputation for tourism(besides the Islamic pilgrimage) like UAE did with Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Doesn't happen overnight but pays off.

I have visited all continents of the world with the exception of Oceania. KSA is arguably (nature wise and due to size and thus many "secret" places that are breathtaking") is one of the most beautiful countries in terms of nature and wilderness. I am thinking about coastline, islands, coral reefs, mountainous, valleys, deserts (volcanic, mountainous, hilly, sandy, rocky), steppe, pastures, oasis, farmlands etc. I think that my photos and videos speak for themselves and those are just random videos and photos that show a tiny, tiny part of KSA.

Tourism to KSA (despite that KSA is the 15th most visited country in the world and there are almost 200 countries out there) is limited currently but this is about to change when (hopefully soon as planned) a tourism visa emerges.

Haha, I love nature as well and being active when I am on holidays. Luckily I have a large family so I can always find someone to go "exploring" with. I like beach holidays as well (here KSA is ideal outside of the 3 summer months unless you are hardcore) and city sightseeing. KSA can offer all 3 types of tourism.

As for water temperatures, you don't have to worry about that in KSA. Both the Red Sea (which is home to the second largest coral reef in the world) and the Gulf are warm/pleasant all year around.

See this thread I created about tourism in KSA and the potential and challenges bro.

Last edited:

@Saif al-Arab i wonder if you watched this film before

Yes, many famous Arab actors take part including our Jordanian friend that sadly died not long ago if I remember.

Did you know that I have distant Circassian ancestry (as many people in KSA actually have, Hijaz in particular and Northern regions) and for instance I have always been interested in the Caucasus area (not so much Azerbaijan though) in particular North Caucasus (Circassia, Dagestan, Chechnya, Kabardino-Balkaria).

They have unique languages only spoken in North Caucasus and so much diversity. A Circassian cannot communicate with a Chechen at all! Or a Avar in Dagestan etc.

Also they have one of the highest percentages of J1 which especially Saudi Arabians, Yemenis, Iraqis, Jordanians, Syrians etc. also have. I always found that interesting also but actually Caucasian people are just descendants of pre-Arab Neolithic farmers that moved north to Caucasus and intermarried with locals there.

So when Circassians came to the Arab world back in the 13th century and later after the Circassian Genocide by Imperial Russia (after 1864) they just returned back home.:lol:

https://borderlessblogger.wordpress...he-chechen-people-their-language-and-culture/

Also many Hashemites in Hijaz intermarried with Circassians/Caucasus people also just like the Ottomans and others in the region. Women from there had a good reputation as being beautiful and docile/not much conflict unlike Arab women.:lol:

Also the personal royal guards of the kings of Jordan have been Circassians.

Lastly Arabs and Caucasian people have great ties.

Even many Saudi Arabians, Iraqis and other Arabs visit Caucasus for holiday (especially Georgia) is popular and Arabs had a very long presence and rule in Caucasus (almost 500 years) and Arab communities (although mostly lost their language) exist. Several villages in North Caucasus are called "Arab village".

Also Arabidze is a quite common Georgian surname. It means Son of Arab.:lol:

One example (Georgian footballer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgi_Arabidze

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabidze

The Patron "Saint" of Tbilisi (capital of Georgia) is also a Christian Arab.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abo_of_Tiflis

Arabs ruled in Georgia for almost 500 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_rule_in_Georgia

Off-topic.

Good news to stop the Arab wannabe Erdogan and his wet dreams!

The Sultan of Oman (current ruling house of Oman the House of Al-Said) have been intermarrying with Africans from the Swahili coastline and Horn of Africa due to the Sultanate of Oman ruling those areas for a very long time.

You can see the current sultans ancestry yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qaboos_bin_Said_al_Said

The last photo (once again faces showing and in Southern Iraq during the summer its impossible not to get dark in the sun with the UV index and constant sun exposure) is when exposed to the sun and as you know Southern Iraq is home to an Afro-Iraqi community (once of the oldest outside of Africa). If you compare it to the local women (who are veiled and thus not exposed to the sun much) the difference is noticeable. That is why (almost always) Arab women are lighter skinned than the men regardless which country and region.

But yes, the facial similarities are there and some skin tones/shades are also somewhat similar but only with the upper classes of the Habesha in general.

I think that Southern Yemenis (who have some African = Horner admixture) the similarity is there more but since Iraqis (especially Southern) and Yemenis often tend to look alike (facial features) you have a point.:lol:
Yes I remember writing about the Omani empire which was international and its ships reached America and I think but not sure chime and other East Asians country

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_bin_Na'aman_Al_Kaabi

This was the first Arab emissionary to America

Yes, many famous Arab actors take part including our Jordanian friend that sadly died not long ago if I remember.

Did you know that I have distant Circassian ancestry (as many people in KSA actually have, Hijaz in particular and Northern regions) and for instance I have always been interested in the Caucasus area (not so much Azerbaijan though) in particular North Caucasus (Circassia, Dagestan, Chechnya, Kabardino-Balkaria).

They have unique languages only spoken in North Caucasus and so much diversity. A Circassian cannot communicate with a Chechen at all! Or a Avar in Dagestan etc.

Also they have one of the highest percentages of J1 which especially Saudi Arabians, Yemenis, Iraqis, Jordanians, Syrians etc. also have. I always found that interesting also but actually Caucasian people are just descendants of pre-Arab Neolithic farmers that moved north to Caucasus and intermarried with locals there.

So when Circassians came to the Arab world back in the 13th century and later after the Circassian Genocide by Imperial Russia (after 1864) they just returned back home.:lol:

https://borderlessblogger.wordpress...he-chechen-people-their-language-and-culture/

Also many Hashemites in Hijaz intermarried with Circassians/Caucasus people also just like the Ottomans and others in the region. Women from there had a good reputation as being beautiful and docile/not much conflict unlike Arab women.:lol:

Even many Saudi Arabians, Iraqis and other Arabs visit Caucasus for holiday (especially Georgia) is popular and Arabs had a very long presence and rule in Caucasus (almost 500 years) and Arab communities (although mostly lost their language) exist. Several villages in North Caucasus are called "Arab village".

Off-topic.

Yes I noticed the hashimates Marry with Caucasians like princess iman married to diadem Mira son of Circassian official also there are two circassians that played important rule in the Iraqi history like Muhammad pasha al dagestani which was killed in the siege of jut and his son ghazi al dagestani

Also Mahmoud shawkat pasha which played important rule in the Ottoman Empire he was grand vizier and one of many who overthrow sultan abdulhamid ii

Also he is the one who introduced the aviation to the ottoman army and considered the father of the Turkish Air Force later

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmud_Shevket_Pasha

Off-topic.

I am also interested in that region and also east and Central Europe like Hungary

There are many historical figures but there is not many documentaries or movies about them like the great old Bulgaria or the Volga bulgars and the Balkan Bulgarians

It would be great if they make tv shows about characters like these
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asparuh_of_Bulgaria

Steps and nomadic people are mysterious unlike the Egyptians for example they left a lot of archifact that we know today about their lives and history

As for circassians I think the Ballard and Karachais are interesting because they have three cultures the Circassian culture and the Scythian culture which they got from the Alans and the kipchak culture

Cossacks also interesting people because the had many origins like their language is Slavic but their warrior culture is similar to the Eurasian steppe nomads also they claimed they are descendants from khazars and they have Scythian elements also

@Sayfalarab

What happened, I notice you are banned again? Don't take those trolls seriously and don't take it upon to debate every single one of them. Many people here get into these flame wars for fun, they aren't actually racist in the real world. Don't waste your time with some people with low quality or flame bait posts, most members can recognize what it is and most members are ignoring. Ignoring such posts is intended to be a rejection by most members. Your contribution here is appreciated by a lot of members.

In real world like I said your country and other Arabs are sticking up for themselves, so no need to take such stress upon you or get frustrated online. It's a collective effort/responsibility shared by millions of Arabs. From time to time I debate such people, and when I do they usually just stop what they're saying as they realize it makes no sense. Anyway good luck with everything else , regardless of what decision you make here.

Keep in mind I'm sure you're frustrated that I don't like all your posts you tag me in, and let me explain why. I try to be fair with all nationalities, so sometimes you bash them very hard, and I don't like taking collective stances. But I'm just as anti-regime/supporters of regime as you are if not more regarding these countries. I just don't want people to get impression I don't like a whole people by thanking some of your posts. And I know you don't, but when you're in a debate and want to make strong points it might come off that way. The other posts I don't thank is due to me not having that strong of an attachment to Arab identity , I'm a little more pan-Islam than you that's all.

And lastly, ignore these bait posts about Saudi-Israel being friends or that Saudi's help the Israeli's and what not. They want to give this image of Saudi's and want this type of reaction from you. It does work with some of the masses, but that's general propaganda and you should know by know propaganda works to an extent with the masses. People like me and you are different and psychoanalyze things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom