What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

A Total waste of Money in general... could have done better things with that amount to the nation by just staying at home, behind their TVs...

What we talked about a few days ago, we witnessed earlier today during the Belgium-Tunisia game. The positives as well but sadly the negatives overshadowed everything.

I am afraid that this will not change too much regardless of mentality or talent IF players from Arab countries do not all play in top leagues (at least majority) on a weekly basis. Otherwise national Arab teams will never reach the level of the best national teams out there.

Talent is talent, potential is potential. It can be developed (in theory) everywhere but for it to be nurtured and tested at the highest level and thus grow further, it needs to have the right environment.

Right environment = top leagues in the world.

When that happens, rest will come naturally.

What we talked about a few days ago, we witnessed earlier today during the Belgium-Tunisia game. The positives as well but sadly the negatives overshadowed everything.

I am afraid that this will not change too much regardless of mentality or talent IF players from Arab countries do not all play in top leagues (at least majority) on a weekly basis. Otherwise national Arab teams will never reach the level of the best national teams out there.

Talent is talent, potential is potential. It can be developed (in theory) everywhere but for it to be nurtured and tested at the highest level and thus grow further, it needs to have the right environment.

Right environment = top leagues in the world.

When that happens, rest will come naturally.

If I could... I will just Ban TN team from any incoming WC, till they decide to change...
The Money put on it is insane... with that amount, We could feed Thousands and Thousands of poor families for Years and Years... Create a lot of projects/Jobs... Pay loans/Salaries etc...

KSA-Egypt 2-1.

There have been 3 Arab-Arab matches in World Cup history. All 3 involved KSA. The first game was KSA-Morocco back in 1994, where KSA defeated Morocco, (2-1 victory), played 2-2 against Tunisia back in 2006 (Tunisia scored in the last seconds of the game to draw the game) and today 2-1 against Egypt (well-deserved victory).

DgjN8Q7WsAAfyOZ.jpg

DgjN5i7XkAMcPUr.jpg

sadsaudis-png.480490

= what I said before the World Cup on another platform than PDF.

Goalkeeping problem, usually 1 game in a World Cup where the team falls apart defensively and attitude-wise (Russia game) and a lack of a killer in front of goal that scores on some of the many chances created.

Morocco did well against Spain indeed but as I wrote several days ago, Spain today, is a shadow of their former teams. They would need a miracle to win the World Cup unless they raise their level by 200%.

Forget what I said about Germany.:sarcastic:

The first time that they exited a World Cup in the group stage in their entire history.

In other words.

(the guy is an Assyrian Christian)

Eric Cantona

"As a friend of mine who plays for Real Madrid says, when I score I am French when I don't score I am an Arab."

Spot on.

US State Department sends condolences to families of two Saudi students drowned in Massachusetts
1244821-2110972968.jpg

Theeb Al-Yami and Jaser Al-Rakah. (Image: Social media)

ARAB NEWS
July 05, 2018

LONDON: The US Department of State issued a statement on Thursday offering its condolences to the families and friends of two Saudi students who drowned in Massachusetts last week.
Cousins, Theeb Al-Yami, 27 and Jaser Al-Rakah, 25, drowned as they attempted to rescue two children who had got into difficulties in the Chicopee River in New England state.
On Thursday the State Department issued a statement which read: “The United States expresses its heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of TheebAl-Yami and Jaser Al-Rakah after their tragic deaths in Massachusetts. The young men drowned while courageously attempting to save children in distress.
“Their heroism represents the very best of the international students who enrich communities across the United States.
“Theeb and Jaser were among the 52,000 Saudi students studying in the United States who bring greater international understanding and diverse perspectives to US campuses and communities, and to Saudi Arabia when they return home.”
The two young Saudi men saw two children in distress in the river after their mother was unable to save them. Another group of people nearby also tried to rescue the children, but failed because of the river’s heavy current, according to a local police report.
Al-Yami was enrolled at the University of Hartford in a civil engineering program and Al-Rakah was studying at Western New England University as an engineering student. They both drowned after being swept away by the tide.
Police started a search of the river on Friday. They retrieved the bodies of the two Saudi students on Friday and Monday.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1334016/saudi-arabia

Incredible. I keep hearing about such stories involving Saudi Arabian students and Arab students in general abroad which baffles me greatly given the fact that every single Arab country has a coastline. There is not a single landlocked Arab country. Most coastlines in the Arab world are warm enough to swim in all year round. The longest and some of the longest rivers in the world are found in the Arab world too. Plenty of lakes and 10.000's upon 10.000's of wadis in Arabia alone as well.

KSA for instance has a 3000 km + coastline and 1500 + islands.

Sad that talented people (the future) perish in such a relatively foolish way. Of course the biggest killers are the roads and health-related (diet) diseases but swimming courses should be obligatory like in most European countries. Anything else is irresponsible.

Anyway a courageous act and all honor to the two fallen cousins. RIP.

EDIT: As I wrote, Spain flopped tremendously. As did Portugal. So much for this being the "strongest group".

Meanwhile both Russia and Uruguay are among the 8 best teams. KSA can keep their heads held up high.

Last edited:
i did no see talkings even about a single weapon project in the Arab defence section. All news are about insane purchasing weapons from West companies.

I think if not those Arab countries most of West arm companies have already bunkrupted.

i did no see talkings even about a single weapon project in the Arab defence section. All news are about insane purchasing weapons from West companies.

I think if not those Arab countries most of West arm companies have already bunkrupted.

Visit the numerous Arab military forums (larger than PDF) and you will see it all. Most of the Arab users on PDF left this forum for those very forums.

There is no point updating all the developments when there are hardly any Arab users on PDF any longer.

Last edited:
US State Department sends condolences to families of two Saudi students drowned in Massachusetts
1244821-2110972968.jpg

ARAB NEWS
July 05, 2018

LONDON: The US Department of State issued a statement on Thursday offering its condolences to the families and friends of two Saudi students who drowned in Massachusetts last week.
Cousins, Theeb Al-Yami, 27 and Jaser Al-Rakah, 25, drowned as they attempted to rescue two children who had got into difficulties in the Chicopee River in New England state.
On Thursday the State Department issued a statement which read: “The United States expresses its heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of TheebAl-Yami and Jaser Al-Rakah after their tragic deaths in Massachusetts. The young men drowned while courageously attempting to save children in distress.
“Their heroism represents the very best of the international students who enrich communities across the United States.
“Theeb and Jaser were among the 52,000 Saudi students studying in the United States who bring greater international understanding and diverse perspectives to US campuses and communities, and to Saudi Arabia when they return home.”
The two young Saudi men saw two children in distress in the river after their mother was unable to save them. Another group of people nearby also tried to rescue the children, but failed because of the river’s heavy current, according to a local police report.
Al-Yami was enrolled at the University of Hartford in a civil engineering program and Al-Rakah was studying at Western New England University as an engineering student. They both drowned after being swept away by the tide.
Police started a search of the river on Friday. They retrieved the bodies of the two Saudi students on Friday and Monday.

Incredible. I keep hearing about such stories involving Saudi Arabian students and Arab students in general abroad which baffles me greatly given the fact that every single Arab country has a coastline. There is not a single landlocked Arab country. Most coastlines in the Arab world are warm enough to swim in all year round. The longest and some of the longest rivers in the world are found in the Arab world too. Plenty of lakes and 10.000's upon 10.000's of wadis in Arabia alone as well.

Sad that talented people (the future) perish in such a relatively foolish way. Of course the biggest killers are the roads and health-related (diet) diseases but swimming courses should be obligatory like in most European countries. Anything else is irresponsible.

EDIT: As I wrote, Spain flopped tremendously. As did Portugal. So much for this being the "strongest group".

Meanwhile both Russia and Uruguay are among the 8 best teams. KSA can keep their heads held up high.
2069472_orig.jpg

Visit the numerous Arab military forums (larger than PDF) and you will see it all. Most of the Arab users on PDF left this forum for those very forums.

There is no point updating all the developments when there are hardly any Arab users on PDF any longer.
He can just visit the Made in KSA or UAE section ..if he is not trolling!?

2069472_orig.jpg

He can just visit the Made in KSA or UAE section ..if he is not trolling!
There is nothing new there than A few projects.

Can you give some names or links about Arab defence forums.

1244821-2110972968.jpg

ARAB NEWS
July 05, 2018

I read the news before you posted it it's sad two young men with bright future died two weeks before their graduation

Can you give some names or links about Arab defence forums.

I will likely get banned for linking to them (it already happened once, lol) but just make a few Google searches in Arabic or English and you will find some of them.

In the meantime you can take a look at this thread below

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/made-in-ksa.475488/page-18

and those two Twitter accounts, the Arabic version being updated daily.

https://twitter.com/SaudiProjectEN?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1004088030930591744&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#1004088030930591744

https://twitter.com/Made_In_K_S_A?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1003873818795036672&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#1003873818795036672

Egypt has a similar Twitter account (Made in Egypt), both an Arabic and English version. Other Arab countries have similar Twitter accounts.

I read the news before you posted it it's sad two young men with bright future died two weeks before their graduation

Yes, a tragic event even more so considering that they were trying to save a child in distress. It's just another confirmation of how unpredictable life really is and how quickly it can end.

However as I stated initially, many of those monthly occurrences of Arab students and Arab tourists drowning abroad, could be avoided with obligatory swimming practice in schools. In particular as no Arab country is landlocked.

This is not needed to be mentioned online since it is rather personal but one of my childhood friends from school once drowned in KSA (Al-Wajh). It's fair to say that the little he learned to swim was self-learned for the very same reason mentioned earlier. God bless his soul. So when I read such news, I always think, "not again".:(

Back
Top Bottom