What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

It is strange because I have read that ancient pre-Islamic kingdoms in Arabia, Sham and Iraq were much less authoritarian than the Roman Empire next door for example or Persian one. Arabs were also known for their great solidarity and this can be seen in traditional Arab tribal customs where if 1 member of a clan or tribe is hurt, the other ones will help avenge him or come to his aid. Promises were kept too. Oaths were a very powerful thing and not taken lightly.

Another thing, Arabs had many more female rulers than other people in the region.

Some of the oldest recorded female rulers in the world (as well as some of the most famous ones - Queen Sheba and Queen Zenobia for instance) emerged in Arabia. Arab queens/rulers such as Queen Sheba (almost 3000 years ago), Queen Shamsi (ruled almost 3000 years ago) Queen Zabibe (almost 3000 years ago), Queen Mavia (1600 years ago), Queen Yatie (almost 3000 years ago) and Queen Zenobia (1750 years ago).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Sheba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabibe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavia_(queen)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yatie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenobia

Even an Arab women became de facto the only Caliph in history during the Fatimid era. Sitt al-Mulk (1021-1036).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitt_al-Mulk

So I think that democracy can work in the Arab world (Arabs are humans like other people) but due to weak central Arab states in the past 500 years, I think a lot of has been lost. People forgot some of their roots and history too. Many Arabs do not know enough about their history.

Arabs were very independent people who did not accept tyrants to rule them (did uprisings, changed rulers) but now some worship the modern-day ones.

Modern-day democracy is a recent concept. There was no real comparable modern-day democracy in ancient Greece as some people foolishly belief in.:lol: There was a meritocracy and only the elite had a say, a vote etc.

Also some anti-Arabs want to portray Arabs as anti-women but history clearly proves otherwise.
I think this was due the arab pride

I read about the conversation between al nouman and kisra anoshervan when he asked him why the arabs don't have a single king he told him because every arab consider himself a king and no arab would ever accept to be ruled by other person

Also the nature of arab tribes is freedom and follow their leader only they are not familiar with the authority and governance

Quraish for example despise being a small tribe they didn't have a single ruler they had a kind of democracy and federalism they used to debate before they make any decision

Also I noticed the qahtanites had kingdoms and kings while adnanites were ruled by sheikhdoms and had tribal confederations only under the rule of kulayb bin raabiah the adnanites controlled much of Arabia and had a king

I think this was due the arab pride

I read about the conversation between al nouman and kisra anoshervan when he asked him why the arabs don't have a single king he told him because every arab consider himself a king and no arab would ever accept to be ruled by other person

Also the nature of arab tribes is freedom and follow their leader only they are not familiar with the authority and governance

Quraish for example despise being a small tribe they didn't have a single ruler they had a kind of democracy and federalism they used to debate before they make any decision

Also I noticed the qahtanites had kingdoms and kings while adnanites were ruled by sheikhdoms and had tribal confederations only under the rule of kulayb bin raabiah the adnanites controlled much of Arabia and had a king

Beautiful said.

Salman, did you know that the Sheikh of all Shammari clans lives in Iraq? He is head of all Shammar in the Arab world and world (one of the largest Arab clans) and head of one of the oldest lineages in the world too as is the case with the oldest Arab clans and tribes.

Shammaris from all over the world visit such gatherings. Amazing that this tradition continues considering all the modernization.

He is an obsessed and hateful creature like many these videos of bani hilal cousins sent greetings to him from Iraq :lol:
@Saif al-Arab

And these from KSA

These anti-Arab folks largely thrive on a quest to receive some recognition from the white man. Kurds are very good at it, there are some western Assyrians who go on a hating spree against Iraq and Arabs to please the white man. The Berbers do the same, what can you do there will always be loose elements that have to be corrected by the majority. It has gone so far that even Arabs themselves fall in the risk of taking on such a stance fueled by their native culture Ie. Lebanese who claim Phoenician ancestry.

Then you have Iranian/Kurdish Aryan nationalists who hate Arabs. The truth is that Iran itself has become backward, they should stop blaming Arabs. The way forward should be larger unification, unions or complete merging of countries even with the aim of advancing on every level. That's a lot more important than 'Im not Arab, Im a berber' bullshit whilst living in Europe.

Arab cooperation on a larger scale is very important and I hope that Iraq grows closer to the GCC instead of Iran which is still obsessed with exporting the revolution of backward idea's. The sad thing is when they manage to topple their regime they will have a nationalist 'Aryan' leader who will support Kords and cause us problems again like the Shah did.

These anti-Arab folks largely thrive on a quest to receive some recognition from the white man. Kurds are very good at it, there are some western Assyrians who go on a hating spree against Iraq and Arabs to please the white man. The Berbers do the same, what can you do there will always be loose elements that have to be corrected by the majority. It has gone so far that even Arabs themselves fall in the risk of taking on such a stance fueled by their native culture Ie. Lebanese who claim Phoenician ancestry.

Then you have Iranian/Kurdish Aryan nationalists who hate Arabs. The truth is that Iran itself has become backward, they should stop blaming Arabs. The way forward should be larger unification, unions or complete merging of countries even with the aim of advancing on every level. That's a lot more important than 'Im not Arab, Im a berber' bullshit whilst living in Europe.

Arab cooperation on a larger scale is very important and I hope that Iraq grows closer to the GCC instead of Iran which is still obsessed with exporting the revolution of backward idea's. The sad thing is when they manage to topple their regime they will have a nationalist 'Aryan' leader who will support Kords and cause us problems again like the Shah did.
What happened to your other accounts like haywankurdi and thereturnedcamel or returnedcamel?!
Do you have account under thereturnedarabianhorse?!

This Brazil - Costa Rica match is the most intense game I've seen so far in the World Cup, highly recommend watching it....

Welcome back. Had a several month long break too.

Kurds are largely irrelevant. 30-35 million stateless people who recently gained some media attention due to conflicts in the region. Their influence is non-existent compared to that of Arabs. Iraq alone is many, many times stronger on all fronts. No need to explain this here as you know this well. Their tactic to "please the White man" is a sign of inferiority complexes towards the same Arabs that have been dominating them on all fronts always.

Most Assyrians identify with Iraq, Syria and the wider Arab culture in the region, of course emphasizing their own Assyrian culture. Every educated Assyrian know that Assyrians and Arabs are closely related people on all fronts and that culture wise, except for religion (same Abrahamic family moreover), we are more similar than they (Assyrians) are with any other group in the region.

Lebanese who claim to be solely Phoenicians (another Semitic people that moreover, according to historians, originated in Eastern Arabia) are delusional people since genetically this has been disproven and moreover they are so Phoenician that they speak Arabic, have an Arab culture and are considered as Arabs by the entire world. Anyway they are harmless. Arabs can identity partially with pre-Arab (almost always Semitic) cultures without a problem and combine this with an Arab identify which every Arab does from Yemen to Morocco. Some Hijazis also claim to be Nabateans and other non-existent identities today. Many examples but people still identify with Arab culture. Especially in the Middle East.

As for Iran, I believe that things can only improve once the Mullah's are gone. They will instead focus on tiny Tajikistan and half of Afghanistan (Tajik's there). Besides if relations are friendly/cordial between Southern Iranians and neighboring Iraqis and people of Eastern Arabia, like they are on many fronts today, some big conflict will likely not happen.

Anyway Iran is not some superpower or country that Arabs need to worry about at all since we outnumber them several times on most if not all fronts.

It seems to me (in the future at least) that Turkey will meddle more but let us hope for the sake of the region that this meddling will be positive (trade) rather than some territorial claims. Anyway they are no different from Iran in the comparison department so nothing to worry about either but you alluded to possible meddling by external players.

Anyway all that aside, the ball is in the end of the Arabs. We have everything. A huge population (second biggest ethnic group in the world after the Han Chinese), a huge land mass almost the size of Russia, combined natural resources found nowhere else, history in our favor (cradle of civilization), most uniform region in the world of this size with most cultural similarity overall despite 22 sovereign states, great potential, a huge youth population (important) etc.
Most of what is going on is the fault of Arabs themselves to a large degree and this must be corrected by learning from past mistakes, leaving outdated practices on some fronts and leaving aside all small differences in order to cooperate for the sake of mutual benefits.

BTW speaking about anti-Arab propaganda, I created a thread yesterday after a discussion here that you might find interesting.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/anci...ory-do-arabs-hate-women.564572/#post-10579079

This Brazil - Costa Rica match is the most intense game I've seen so far in the World Cup, highly recommend watching it....

Close match. Huge respect to such a small nation (Costa Rica).

Brazil really struggled and only managed to score twice in the added time.

Close match. Huge respect to such a small nation (Costa Rica).

Brazil really struggled and only managed to score twice in the added time.

Yeah it took a heartbreaking turn(for Costa Rica), although Brazil seemed like the superior team to me and I'm happy for them. That was clutch on their part.

Very interesting discussions. I never knew about this "Speakers Corner" in London. Should visit next time I am around.

@Falcon29 I am sure that this will interest you a lot.

The Youtube channel;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgJEtU4IEOb4dBqOK5p4AMA

Indeed I agree they are interesting modern discussions that are going to have to be had sooner or later. Not just for non-Muslims but for modern generation of Muslims who don't have the time to study and compile Islamic knowledge in order to declare a position. So the scholars need to get to work.

That being said I don't really like that street Dawah approach, people consider it as invasive. I personally never approached any non-Muslim with dawah but I've been asked questions but non-Muslims and had some discussions with acquaintances on God, Islam, etc.... Dawah can be more effective if our actions as a group of people as a whole were more in line with our teachings and if approached with genuine intention. That being said there is nothing wrong with it(for the most part) in my opinion. It is a requirement and important part of Islam too.

Yeah it took a heartbreaking turn(for Costa Rica), although Brazil seemed like the superior team to me and I'm happy for them. That was clutch on their part.

Indeed I agree they are interesting modern discussions that are going to have to be had sooner or later. Not just for non-Muslims but for modern generation of Muslims who don't have the time to study and compile Islamic knowledge in order to declare a position. So the scholars need to get to work.

That being said I don't really like that street Dawah approach, people consider it as invasive. I personally never approached any non-Muslim with dawah but I've been asked questions but non-Muslims and had some discussions with acquaintances on God, Islam, etc.... Dawah can be more effective if our actions as a group of people as a whole were more in line with our teachings and if approached with genuine intention. That being said there is nothing wrong with it(for the most part) in my opinion. It is a requirement and important part of Islam too.

Yes, it was a shame for the fans of such a small nation. I am sure that they are disappointed but they can be proud of how their team fought.

Actually this is something called Speakers Corner in London (just learned about it or more precisely remembered it again) where individuals and passersby can initiate a discussion about a given topic.

Those Muslims that take part in such discussions (from what I have seen on their Youtube profile) are very knowledgeable and great representatives for Muslims as a group of people. Their discussions all appear to be civil and knowledgeable exchanges of views and all theoretical aspects of religion, God, Islam etc. are discussed. I found it an interesting concept.

Yes, I do know what you are thinking about. In Europe you sometimes see Muslims doing Dawah but some of those people are not sufficiently informed and can at times come off as "threatening" for non-Muslims appearance wise since many follow the Salafi doctrine. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all but as we know, there are a community within the Salafi community that does a disservice for the Muslim community by making controversial or unnecessary statements. I know that many people, Muslims including, equal terrorists with Salafis but I think that this is a simplistic and wrong worldview and I am saying that as a non-Salafi and as a non-perfect Muslim.

However in terms of perceptions of Muslims much of that perception is intermingled with politics, practices that often have nothing to do with Islam and in general standards are compared with the West. The unrest does not help.

I think that by large, Muslims in the West, are productive people but you have a few rotten apples that damage much of the reputation.

Anyway I find many of the philosophical discussions, existential questions etc. to be interesting. I sometimes listen to them (secular scholarly debates between scientists for instance) and find them interesting regardless of my own personal views.

Nasty game winning goal by Germany, not just the scheme of the play but the kick was perfect. That is the first time I've seen such a play as I rarely watch soccer. I'm confused how Sweden didn't see that coming(assuming it is a common play) .... :D

Nasty game winning goal by Germany, not just the scheme of the play but the kick was perfect. That is the first time I've seen such a play as I rarely watch soccer. I'm confused how Sweden didn't see that coming(assuming it is a common play) .... :D

Germany is the perfect national team in my view. World class team spirit, mentality, workmate, the TEAM always being the star not 1 or 2 individual players, insane squad depth, hardly any average players, almost all players always above average in terms of ability and actual play on the pitch, the best attitude in football history (never give up) etc. We saw that yesterday as well after Boateng's red card. A well deserved victory by Germany.

Belgium - Tunisia 5-2. Could have been 8 or 9-2. Arab teams have been appalling this World Cup to put it mildly.

Back
Top Bottom