What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

He should've been neutered so as to rid the world of Islam of another example of the abuse of Islam !

That's how most of the ruling class was back then but he took it to the extreme. I don't think that there is a person in human history that has fathered more children than him. 700 sons!!!!!!! How could he keep track of them all? Obviously a large percentage of them must have died before they reached adulthood as most children did back then. But still that's insane.

He is known as the "Warrior King" in Morocco because of his over 50 year old rule and his successful defeats of Turks, Spaniards, English etc.

But he also seems to have been quite cruel.

Moulay Ismaïl is also known as a fearsome ruler and used at least 25,000 slaves for the construction of his capital.[6] His Christian slaves were often used as bargaining counters with the European powers, selling them back their captured subjects for inflated sums or for rich gifts. Most of his slaves were obtained by Barbary pirates in raids on Western Europe.[7] Over 150,000 men from sub-Saharan Africa served in his elite Black Guard.[8] By the time of Ismail's death, the guard had grown tenfold, the largest in Moroccan history.

@al-Hasani - Did @Hazzy997 really Thanked my post ! :woot:

Yes.....yes he still considers me his Brother ! :yay:

Albeit a Rude, Hurtful Brother but a Brother nonetheless ! :ashamed:

P.S Slavery shall remain a blot on Muslims for ages to come; Islam came to eliminate Slavery in a gradual systemized manner whilst Muslims only fanned it more !

Guys speaking about history have you then watched this series? It is very popular in the Arab world. It is basically an Pan-Arab production in terms of actors from across the Arab world participating in the series. Many famous ones as well. Here is the first episode:

Omar (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Saudi Arabian Samer Ismail is playing Omar ibn al-Khattab (ra) while the "famous" Syrian Ghassan Massoud plays Abu Bakr (ra). He also played Salah ad-Din (ra) in Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven from 2005.

Samer Ismail:

Ghassan Massoud:

I don't usually watch series but that one caught my attention.

@al-Hasani - Did @Hazzy997 really Thanked my post ! :woot:

Yes.....yes he still considers me his Brother ! :yay:

Albeit a Rude, Hurtful Brother but a Brother nonetheless ! :ashamed:

P.S Slavery shall remain a blot on Muslims for ages to come; Islam came to eliminate Slavery in a gradual systemized manner whilst Muslims only fanned it more !

I only agreed with your statement, we're at war. :ph34r::devil:

@Armstrong

Slavery is a hugely controversial topic especially in the Arab world. Quite frankly I have to admit that I have never even discussed this topic with Arabs let alone with Afro-Arabs living in KSA, Iraq, Yemen, Egypt and elsewhere in the Arab world! I mean they must be conscious about how they ended up in the ME just like the Afro-Americans in the US and the Black people in the Americas.
I always wondered how it must feel. I mean those people can't for obvious reasons trace their family, they don't even know where they came from in Africa, which religion their ancestor had etc. It's all quite sad. It must also be degrading to know that your ancestors were actually bought to country/region x and y and were slaves for generations. Not long ago. I mean it's not more than 4-5-6 generations away for most African-Americans and even less so for some Afro-Arabs!

Many of those Afro-Arabs and African-Americans are actually offspring of Arabs and Europeans on their paternal side. They just don't know about it and people obviously can't see it since they don't really differ much from other Africans. Obviously we can all guess how that happened…. Read about this topic in the US were it was mentioned and same with the Afro-Arabs.

But slavery was common across the world even among Africans themselves and is still present to this day in some parts of the world. The West, as with many other issues, was just quicker to deal with their ghosts.

You need a break dude. Pack it up and do something. Europe in the Summer is worthy to visit.

I went to Singapore in the Summers ! :)

But its not that I just think about Life & realize that whats the purpose of my life ? Is it to continue on with the inevitable life of a Professional whereby I have to work because the bills are piling up because I or my loved ones have to buy 'stuff' more & more 'stuff' & that later on I have to work twice as hard to get an increment in my pay so that I may exchange mental headache for less physical work because I have to buy more stuff & that I keep putting things off...simple things like doing a Course in Persian Literature or Classical Arabic or Philosophy etc. because there just isn't time & too many commitments & little by little I see time go by & one day I wake up as an Old Man who's spent the better part of his life making a name for himself, earning lots of money, providing a secure future for his family & increasing his societal standing but all the while those things....those little things that he really wanted to do - He never got to do them because there was always one more appointment or one more assignment or one more outing with your family !

And most of all in a nut-shell his life's purpose was to live, earn & spend dotted by instances of philanthropy - I shudder to think myself to be such a man & I know that I most probably will be !

There must be some higher purpose to life....something....anything that excites the hell out of me so that when I'm in the twilight of my life I don't look back with regret having thought that whereas I was alive....I never really lived !

I still can't find that purpose & it depresses the hell out of me !

@Armstrong

Get married number one. Maybe we'll do it together, I think that will make life feel less empty.

Or me and you can go do jihad. :lol:

Conditions from me:

-Support the Palestinian right to self determination and defense.

This could mean many things such as:
-Understanding our complaints, our claim to our land
-Understanding our right to self defense even if the only means are firing rockets towards Israel. Remember, we are a weak and isolated people's, the only way Gaza could resist Israel and create a deterrent is to amass a rocket arsenal. This is why they do it, not to go to war. Eventually Israel would fear a reprisal and avoid targeting our people or violating our borders. Like we see in Lebanon today. This also would be justified in the West Bank, West Bank has no resistance, see what occurs there, our homes are being demolished, etc....I'm not speaking about Jerusalem area only, we should resist in our towns and Jerusalem is a shared city.

-don't give credibility to IDF.

This means:
-if Israel goes on another offensive against Gaza don't give them credibility by making it appear like a fight against people who came from the moon and are mercilessly attacking Israel, they want people to believe they are fighting a 'terrorist' threat, that's not the truth. There's a context to this conflict, so support our right to defense.
-I'm not asking you to sympathize with Hamas, even though there's nothing wrong with them, I'm just saying support us when times are difficult and don't feed into the mainstream media assertions. If Israel attacks us we use only possible means to resist and they target our homes so it's odd people onlyexpress outrage when we return fire with much less capable weapons. That doesn't mean you should support any unnecessary violence by any palestinain individual or group.

-don't bring up what you usually bring up too

That's all, now you give your conditions

I went to Singapore in the Summers ! :)

But its not that I just think about Life & realize that whats the purpose of my life ? Is it to continue on with the inevitable life of a Professional whereby I have to work because the bills are piling up because I or my loved ones have to buy 'stuff' more & more 'stuff' & that later on I have to work twice as hard to get an increment in my pay so that I may exchange mental headache for less physical work because I have to buy more stuff & that I keep putting things off...simple things like doing a Course in Persian Literature or Classical Arabic or Philosophy etc. because there just isn't time & too many commitments & little by little I see time go by & one day I wake up as an Old Man who's spent the better part of his life making a name for himself, earning lots of money, providing a secure future for his family & increasing his societal standing but all the while those things....those little things that he really wanted to do - He never got to do them because there was always one more appointment or one more assignment or one more outing with your family !

And most of all in a nut-shell his life's purpose was to live, earn & spend dotted by instances of philanthropy - I shudder to think myself to be such a man & I know that I most probably will be !

There must be some higher purpose to life....something....anything that excites the hell out of me so that when I'm in the twilight of my life I don't look back with regret having thought that whereas I was alive....I never really lived !

I still can't find that purpose & it depresses the hell out of me !

Sir, you actually describe me as well, that is literally what goes through my head sometimes and I try to take time off this materialistic life where all we do is school/work and I be spiritual.

This is why I had a signature which you always wanted to find out: remember ?

'life or 29'? I meant should I live this life or I should 29, I can't say what 29 is though.

Because this life has not taste or meaning to it, I'm only living it to secure my future and please my family.

I agree with most of them ! :coffee:

My conditions :

(i) Support the Kashmiri Right of Self-Determination !

(ii) I cannot condone any attack against Israeli Civilians !

(iii) I admire Israel for its resilience, fortitude & resourcefulness !

(iv) I won't hate Israel; I wish a speedy end to the Israel-Palestine Issue & fraternal relations between Arabs & Jews & I hope that once that happens Pakistan & Israel would develop great relations with each other as well !

Back
Top Bottom