What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Lebanese are very mixed and Palestinians in a way but some Palestinians have strong Arabic roots some are mixed.

I know my Moms Moms moms stepmom was turkish, my dad's moms family was always originating from levant, my dad's dad had a little Egyptian but largely mixed and my moms dad had a little Yemeni but rest was mixed.

But basically all of them are fellow Semitic people and that's all that matters. Even the Druze trace their ancestry to Yemen through the Christian Arab Lakhmid Kingdom in Iraq who originally came from Yemen. The leading Druze family in Lebanon as well and genetic tests prove their closeness. Besides Arabism is strong in Lebanon and not all Lebanese are Arabs. Many non-Arabs live in Lebanon and have done it for years.

For instance Christian Arabs tend to be more nationalistic than the Muslims of our region. Hence many leading Arab nationalists were Christian Arabs.

I heard that in Lebanon Muslims identify with Arabs, but most seculars and Christians identify with Phoenicians.

I'm not sure on this actually, I know some Christians there consider themselves partially greek though.

And that's true some do look like that.

@al-Hasani

You need to be very quick, tell me if I still look Yemeni to you. :D

I'm not sure on this actually, I know some Christians there consider themselves partially greek though.

I remember a secular (Shia Muslim) Lebanese friend told me this. Anyway here is the Wikipedia page for it:

Phoenicianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phoenicianism is a form of Lebanese nationalism. It promotes the view that Lebanese people are not Arabs and that the Lebanese speak a distinct language and have their own culture, separate from that of the surrounding Middle Eastern countries. Supporters of this theory of Lebanese ethnogenesis maintain that the Lebanese are descended from Phoenicians and are not Arab. Some also maintain that Lebanese Arabic is not an Arabic dialect, but has become a distinctly separate language.

Well, most Greeks came from the ME originally hence why most belong to the haplogroup J, G and E. Same with Italy and most of the Balkans. The most common in the Arab world. Phoenicians were fellow Semitic people and a great, great ancient civilization. One of the greatest. Hannibal was part of them and they also founded Carthage and gave rise to the Punic's and Carthaginians. Quite interesting.

Punics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ancient Carthage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hannibal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assure me you will be quick. @al-Hasani

:lol:

Go ahead then.

EDIT: Well, if you have Yemeni ancestry on your father's side then you are bound to have somewhat of an connection. Not that there is a typical Yemeni look per se or a typical Italian etc. look, LOL.

As I told you, you look fully Hijazi which are basically a mixture of people from Levant and Yemen.:lol:

You look like my little brother which I already told you months ago! Haha. Especially the first photo.

Our Jewish Arab/slash Polish Jew really had a field day against you when you posted it. You know that lunatic. Don't remember his name. The one that called us cousins all the time and wanted to kill all Palestinians.:lol:
I miss him.

As I told you, you look fully Hijazi which are basically a mixture of people from Levant and Yemen.:lol:

You look like my little brother which I already told you months ago! Haha.

كذاب وقح :omghaha:

You look like my little brother which I already told you months ago! Haha. Especially the first photo.

Our Jewish Arab/slash Polish Jew really had a field day against you when you posted it. You know that lunatic. Don't remember his name. The one that called us cousins all the time and wanted to kill all Palestinians.:lol:
I miss him.

I know I remember because I had just gotten out of Gaza lost so much weight but gained it back as you can tell in those two pics. :lol:

I couldn't tell if he was Jewish or Indian or trolling Jews.

@Hazzy997

You look a bit like DJ Khaled. He is Palestinian Arab as well and looks like your stereotypical Arab/Semite. Could fit anywhere in the Arab world just like you.

upload_2014-2-13_19-32-38.jpeg

You have to agree that there is a similarity.

I have a great Palestinian friend here in Copenhagen who looks exactly like DJ Khaled. Just a little bit darker. It's really amazing. Most of the Arabs here in Denmark are from Palestine btw. Either from Palestine itself or nearby Lebanon or Syria. That's where I get my Arabic gear.:lol:

@Hazzy997

You look a bit like DJ Khaled. He is Palestinian Arab as well and looks like your stereotypical Arab/Semite. Could fit anywhere in the Arab world just like you.

View attachment 17076

You have to agree that there is a similarity.

Hell no there isn't, :lol:

How do you see that? :D

Because the haircut and trimmed beard? Usually my beard is longer. :lol:

@al-Hasani

LOL! You deserve a 100 lashes for that. First photo I normally don't look like that, second photo I do more.

I know what you mean about it, but I'm Ikwhani trim my mustache. :D

Back
Top Bottom