What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Byblos, Lebanon, the oldest continuously-inhabited city in the world.:o:

:coffee:

What a difference compared to the second oldest continuously-inhabited city in Syria (Damascus).:(
But our region will rise like a phoenix as always. No doubt about it.

It was a good movie but the last fight scene with bane was terrible. Btw how different is arabic spoken in morocco than the rest?

I actually am not sure, Hasani knows more on this than me but I remember at the airport in Amsterdam we saw a buff looking man who looked French of Arabic and we asked him, he said he was Moroccan and started speaking Arabic with us. :D

My father understood him but at some points I didn't have a clue. :lol:

Some statements and words sound the same like everyone else but it sounded like a mix between French, Egyptian, Lebanese, Syria, classic Saudi Arabic...:D

Can't explain it really. :)

Shokrun! In the dark knight rises when christian bale climbs outta the pit,Is the prisoner chant in arabic?

Moroccan Arabic, which again has many dialects on its own, some more similar to the dialects spoken outside of the Maghreb and classical Arabic than others, is in general the hardest Arabic dialect to understand for Arabs outside of the Maghreb (Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia). But on the other hand there are many Moroccan dialects which are not hard to understand. What basically distinguishes Moroccan Arabic is the number of Berber words and French/Spanish loanwords. But since basically all Arabs in the Arab world speak fus7a Arabic (Modern Standard Arabic) and most media in all Arab countries speak that when speaking formally (news, newspapers, in school etc.) there is no problem with understanding each other. But on the other hand there would be some really hard dialects in the Moroccan countryside that I would have a hard time understanding. At least I would really need to listen.

I hope that I answered your question.:)

Morocco is awesome though and very beautiful. Love it.

^^^

Nationalist arab knows everything about Arabic culture...:lol:

Love you @al-Hasani

I'm different I don't know I never really looked at my Arabic identity like you do...maybe because I am mixed from Levant area.

My ancestors may been Jewish you never know. :D

Lebanese I talked to didn't consider themselves Arab.

She told me Lebanese identify with ancient non Arab identity.

They are there for long time.

^^^

Nationalist arab knows everything about Arabic culture...:lol:

Love you @al-Hasani

I'm different I don't know I never really looked at my Arabic identity like you do...maybe because I am mixed from Levant area.

My ancestors may been Jewish you never know. :D

LOL, I am not an Arab nationalist. But I know the history of my region and that of our people (Arabs, Semitic people etc.). Also that of other countries of the region and main countries of the world. Having an overall knowledge about Arabic dialects is not really hard. In one day you could get the overall picture of the situation.

All Arabs in the Arab world are mixed with various ancient Semitic peoples and also some influx from the outside - meaning non native ME people. I am mixed myself and I am certain that I have Jewish ancestors as well given the high number of Jews that once roamed our region. Anyway the Banu Hashim and thus Quraysh tribe trace their ancestry to Prophet Ibrahim (as) which all Jews do as well so it is not secret that we are both related. I mean we are the sons of Prophet Ishmael (as) while they are the offsprings of Prophet Isaac (as) who was the half-brother of Propheh Ishmael (as) and son of Prophet Ibrahim (as). This is where the "cousin talks" come from Jews etc.:lol:

Actually it has also been proven that there is a genetic connection. For instance the Banu Hashim clan members (basically Sharif's and Sayyid's) belong to the same haplogroup and branch like the Jewish Cohen family who are the Jewish counterpart of the Ashraf's and Sayyid's.

Cohen (surname) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Y-chromosomal Aaron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lebanese I talked to didn't consider themselves Arab.

She told me Lebanese identify with ancient non Arab identity.

They are there for long time.

Lebanese are very mixed and Palestinians in a way but some Palestinians have strong Arabic roots some are mixed.

I know my Moms Moms moms stepmom was turkish, my dad's moms family was always originating from levant, my dad's dad had a little Egyptian but largely mixed and my moms dad had a little Yemeni but rest was mixed.

Moroccan Arabic, which again has many dialects on its own, some more similar to the dialects spoken outside of the Maghreb and classical Arabic than others, is in general the hardest Arabic dialect to understand for Arabs outside of the Maghreb (Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia). But on the other hand there are many Moroccan dialects which are not hard to understand. What basically distinguishes Moroccan Arabic is the number of Berber words and French/Spanish loanwords. But since basically all Arabs in the Arab world speak fus7a Arabic (Modern Standard Arabic) and most media in all Arab countries speak that when speaking formally (news, newspapers, in school etc.) there is no problem with understanding each other. But on the other hand there would be some really hard dialects in the Moroccan countryside that I would have a hard time understanding. At least I would really need to listen.

I hope that I answered your question.:)

Morocco is awesome though and very beautiful. Love it.

Why did the Arabs moved on from the Classical Arabic of the Koran & of that age to the Standard Version now ? :unsure:

And @Hazzy997 hates me ! :(

Can you please talk to him ! :cray:

Lebanese are very mixed and Palestinians in a way but some Palestinians have strong Arabic roots some are mixed.

I know my Moms Moms moms stepmom was turkish, my dad's moms family was always originating from levant, my dad's dad had a little Egyptian but largely mixed and my moms dad had a little Yemeni but rest was mixed.

I heard that in Lebanon Muslims identify with Arabs, but most seculars and Christians identify with Phoenicians.

Yea, in Turkey it is also like that. There are some Turks in southern region with Arabic background, or they have other Background like me. I'm partly Circassian. For example last month I met Turkish girl who was half Lebanese Christian. She had curly hair. She was so nice :p

LOL, I am not an Arab nationalist. But I know the history of my region and that of our people (Arabs, Semitic people etc.). Also that of other countries of the region and main countries of the world. Having an overall knowledge about Arabic dialects is not really hard. In one day you could get the overall picture of the situation.

All Arabs in the Arab world are mixed with various ancient Semitic peoples and also some influx from the outside - meaning non native ME people. I am mixed myself and I am certain that I have Jewish ancestors as well given the high number of Jews that once roamed our region. Anyway the Banu Hashim and thus Quraysh tribe trace their ancestry to Prophet Ibrahim (as) which all Jews do as well so it is not secret that we are both related. I mean we are the sons of Prophet Ishmael (as) while they are the offsprings of Prophet Isaac (as) who was the half-brother of Propheh Ishmael (as) and son of Prophet Ibrahim (as). This is where the "cousin talks" come from Jews etc.:lol:

Yeah, we arabs and Jews come from Abrahams line...we are mixed including you with exception of some Afro Arabs.

I remember you posted your pic earlier but I never seem a different one without the cultural clothing.

Remember when I posted my pic a while back you told me I look Yemeni. :devil::lol:

When I push my hair up I do a little but when it's done I'm different. I have some pics I'll show you and you decide but one was after buzz cut. :D

I'll delete them right when you thank the post. You do the same. :D

Back
Top Bottom