What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

ويسرني أن ألتقي بكم جميعا. هل الرجال مثل النكات؟ هنا واحد. كنت أعيش في بلد عربي (عمان) لمدة 10 سنوات ولكن ما زلت لا يعرفون شيئا من اللغة العربية. حتى هذا هو جوجل ترجمة.

ويسرني أن ألتقي بكم جميعا. هل الرجال مثل النكات؟ هنا واحد. كنت أعيش في بلد عربي (عمان) لمدة 10 سنوات ولكن ما زلت لا يعرفون شيئا من اللغة العربية. حتى هذا هو جوجل ترجمة.

هههههههههههههههههههههه

Yes, I doubt that any Arab member from whatever country is fully aware of all of his country's (countries) cuisine or all the regional differences in his own country. LET ALONE the whole Arab world.

I have heard a little about that sweet food but if it is mentioned in the Noble Qur'an it might be found in other regions of the ME or am I wrong? Do you know the English word for it if there is a English word for it?

Min il sima7 as it is also known is found in Sham and Northern KSA as well. Actually it is mentioned in this article about Arab hospitality. It must have spread to other countries from Northern Iraq.

http://albahethon.com/?page=show_det&id=985

من السما

It looks somewhat similar to this Makkawi dessert

To make matters worse it also looks similar to the almond shaped sweets that you can find in Italy, Tuscany to be precise. Looks very similar.:) They sell them in your usual Western shop. I think that you can easily find them in Canada. Don't recall the name, sadly.

Anyway please post some dates from Basrah and date dishes from there since it is one of the more famous regions in the Arab world when it comes to date production.

These deserts your posting are making me crave some sweets, stop posting before I break my diet :D.
TBH I don't think there Is an English name for Men Ilsima. Maybe because it's limited to the region. There's a lot of similar looking sweets but they usually make them out of different ingredients which don't include men Ilsima. Usually marshmellow, corn starch, sugar...

I wouldn't doubt it has spread by now but probably very little.

Basrah was once the biggest date exporter in the world, it's not in the best shape right now but the palm tree is still part of Basrahs identity. My favorite kind is bar7i, kind round, it tastes sweet even before it's full ripe, best served cold when it's half ripped, preferably with yogurt on a hot summer day. :)

1554391_723002074398809_1788812252_n.jpg

Another popular sweet in Basrah is "halawat nahr Khuz". It's made out of sesame oil and date syrup. It has spread and now is popular in most Arab countries, although in Iraq the "original halawat nahr khuz" is still popular in Basrah.

1385945_535946563156295_1503198312_n.jpg

Here's some old images of Basrah Iraq, shows how developed it was before Saddam started his heroic wars. Iraq's economical capital and the province which suffered the most throughout the wars since it was always the frontline. It was once known as the "Venezia of the east"

bp5.jpg

bp4.jpg

bp3.jpg

bp2.JPG

bp1.jpg

bp7.jpg

In najaf my city in Iraq we have some food and pickles and dessert so
here is some of our plates.

القيمة مشهورة جدا في النجف والعراق وهي اكلة غنية جدا

وهنا الطرشي النجفي معروف في العراق وهو في معم الاحيان يقدم كهدية لمن يضاف طبعا لا ت1هب لتتضف ويدك خالية

647.jpg.pagespeed.ce.tLlBUq5cQR.jpg

والان لا يمكنك زيارة النجف دون التحلي بحلوى الدهين حلوى مشهورة ايضا في العراق.

طبعا توجد اكلات عراقية نجفية اخرى مميزة مثل الاش وهي وان كانت ايرانية الا ان النفس النجفيي واضحا فيها
وكذلك الكباب النجفي شيء لايصدق

الكباب العراق عامة يعمل من لحم الخروف طبعا ولهذا فان طعمه رهيب.

النجف ليست مدينة زراعية بمعنى انها معروفة بنوع من انواع الفاكهة او الخضار الا ان افضل رز واكثره عطرا هو المزروع في مدينة النجف وهو المفضل على موائئد العراقيين الا ان قلة انتاجه تجعله نادرا للاسف.

و
هنا الطرشي النجفي معروف في العراق وهو في معم الاحيان يقدم كهدية لمن يضاف طبعا لا ت1هب لتتضف ويدك خالية

647.jpg.pagespeed.ce.tLlBUq5cQR.jpg

شو هاد فلفل اخضر؟

Back
Top Bottom