What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

I agree with most of them ! :coffee:

My conditions :

(i) Support the Kashmiri Right of Self-Determination !

(ii) I cannot condone any attack against Israeli Civilians !

(iii) I admire Israel for its resilience, fortitude & resourcefulness !

(iv) I won't hate Israel; I wish a speedy end to the Israel-Palestine Issue & fraternal relations between Arabs & Jews & I hope that once that happens Pakistan & Israel would develop great relations with each other as well !

I don't mind number one or number 4, number 3 is not accurate but the part where you admire their advances that's fine, everybody likes advances and can be impressed. That's up to you.

Although go back and read my first condition as it relates with 2 try to understanding what I'm asking here.

@Armstrong

Sorry to interrupt your discussion, I have not read it fully but just noticed your post about "life" in general.

Well, the secret to enjoying those small simple things in life is basically to stop thinking like you do. If you stop doing that you will notice that you will automatically feel more at ease when doing the small things in life and it will come more naturally to you. Breaking routines is also a good thing.

I mean a happy life can mean so much that it is pointless to discuss it further since happiness is something you create on your own. Some people have everything that you dream about but are still more miserable than those who have literary close to nothing.

What is certain though is the importance of other humans. Obviously your family, relatives, friends, wife, children etc. That's a pretty good start.

The other one is doing something that you truly love to do. Something that you are passionate about.

A third one is not having too big expectations. Ambitions are a wonderful thing but they must be realistic otherwise you are bound to get disappointed.

Another thing is to take it easy and don't stress too much. We are all going to die anyway. Let's make the best out of it.

Normally I don't like discussing such things since it totally depends on the individual and what they value but I think what I just wrote is something a lot people would agree with.

I don't mind number one or number 4, number 3 is not accurate but the part where you admire their advances that's fine, everybody likes advances and can be impressed. That's up to you.

Although go back and read my first condition as it relates with 2 try to understanding what I'm asking here.

I understand but I believe very...very strongly in the Koranic Wisdom 'To take an (innocent) human life is as if you've killed the whole of humanity & to save a human life is as if you've saved the whole of humanity'; therefore even if its in retaliation or in reaction I will never support the targeting of Unarmed Civilians !

And by number 3 I meant - I admire them for how they've faced, at times, nearly impossible odds & kept going - That resilience, that fortitude & that resourcefulness is something I envy !

@Armstrong

Sorry to interrupt your discussion, I have not read it fully but just noticed your post about "life" in general.

Well, the secret to enjoying those small simple things in life is basically to stop thinking like you do. If you stop doing that you will notice that you will automatically feel more at ease when doing the small things in life and it will come more naturally to you. Breaking routines is also a good thing.

I mean a happy life can mean so much that it is pointless to discuss it further since happiness is something you create on your own. Some people have everything that you dream about but are still more miserable than those who have literary close to nothing.

What is certain though is the importance of other humans. Obviously your family, relatives, friends, wife, children etc. That's a pretty good start.

The other one is doing something that you truly love to do. Something that you are passionate about.

A third one is not having too big expectations. Ambitions are a wonderful thing but they must be realistic otherwise you are bound to get disappointed.

Another thing is to take it easy and don't stress too much. We are all going to die anyway. Let's make the best of it.

Normally I don't like discussing such things since it totally depends on the individual and what they value but I think what I just wrote is something a lot people would agree with.

Do you know what my ideal life is ?

To live in a secluded place somewhere up North where I live off the land & there isn't a human being in a 100 mile radius anywhere near me !

And that where I live has a large Library !

@Armstrong

Seclusion can be a beautiful thing and the Arabs know all about it and it plays a role in our ancient folklore. But too much seclusion is simply unhealthy and not normal. Humans are social creatures. That's also why we bother to be here. Because even though this is just a virtual life we interact with each other.

If you got the health, money and time (very privileged if that is the case) then you can explore much about this world. Try many different life styles etc. I always planned to do such a thing but now when I think about it then I don't think that it is realistic to truly do it fully. Nor am I even certain that I am going to miss much by NOT doing that. But let us see. One never knows what can happen. I think that I have experienced A LOT considering my age and been lucky enough to live on 3 continents and simply enjoy what I am doing. My studies, family, friends, traveling, being able to explore my interests, watch the sport I want to live or in TV etc. Or all the small things. Eat some good food, play football late at night with friends or family members. Or your brothers. That's what I love.

Or just even lay in your bed at night and think about the good memories or what life has hidden for you. That's also something I enjoy. I mean those tiny things.

Why not start with a sport or go hunting or something? Become a member of some local discussion club or whatever? Go hiking in the mountains or whatever. I mean you are from Kashmir? Perfect place for that.

Just think positive as well. Better to live a "miserable life" while being positive than living a "miserable life" while being negative all the way through.

Last edited:
I understand but I believe very...very strongly in the Koranic Wisdom 'To take an (innocent) human life is as if you've killed the whole of humanity & to save a human life is as if you've saved the whole of humanity'; therefore even if its in retaliation or in reaction I will never support the targeting of Unarmed Civilians !

And by number 3 I meant - I admire them for how they've faced, at times, nearly impossible odds & kept going - That resilience, that fortitude & that resourcefulness is something I envy !

Back then people fought face to face on foot with planned battles with armed brigades only. Today is not yesterday, I agree suicide bombings against civilians shouldn't occur and they've stopped them ever since 2004. But, most of those actually killed IDF members because white males were targeted, they lost army members through that and it was during a desperate time during the intifada. However, we've looked past that and it's not necessary anymore if our situation doesn't get too chaotic.

Today war is fought by many means and through many means, the Quran doesn't say anything about isolated situations like this, if this is the only means the Palestinians have to defend theirselves and to defend their land than it is acceptable and God will judge himself. If you go by Quran btw, you need to go by everything else included in it. Including not dating any females, praying more than five times a day because there are extra prayers, praying Friday prayer, making tasbeeh, fasting, respect ones self, having manners of Prophet(SAW), reading Quran daily and actually believing it from your heart and much more....that being said, every army in the world has targeted and killed civilians intentionally as well including your army. Please cite the Quran against them as well.

You seem to admire them for what? Any examples? I admire people such as Vietnamese, or Palestinians, or South Africans who had courage and determination in face of imperialism and occupation.

If this is your argument then there's absolutely no case in today's world where that is true. Btw, even that verse has interpretations which you need to look into to. Keep in mind, civilians aren't people who illegally seized our land through terrorism and expansionism. That being said, nobody is being targeted, even if Palestinians aimed rockets at military bases they won't land there. So bottom line is if Palestinian population centers are being bombed then they have the right to return the favor. I can show you many examples of Israel targeting civilians as well.

Why not start with a sport or go hunting or something? Become a member of some local discussion club or whatever? Go hiking in the mountains or whatever. I mean you are from Kashmir? Perfect place for that.

Just think positive as well. Better to live a "miserable life" while being positive than living a "miserable life" while being negative all the way through.

I'm surprised because he's at home, if he lives in the West for example it's more difficult here and people aren't as open. In Gaza I am literally making dozens of friends each day and have many things to do and people to see. I don't bored there and you also feel at home, mosques are surrounding us, it feels Arabic and Islamic. You feel better when it comes to religion because things fit in there.

Or just do like me and start studying chemical engineering. Not going to regret it. It's not easy but it's interesting as hell.

:coffee:

Only petroleum engineers have a higher salary in the US than chemical engineers. Listen from 1:30.

dedae32dc93354842906227a4a62fdb970ff8f66bdfe03e8c2bf758d0803fdee.jpg

:lol:

@Hazzy997

Explain a bit more 7abibi.

How about working for some Islamic relief organizations? What is it called again? The Red Crescent? I mean it is not military but you get to travel a lot, meeting new people and doing a difference. Actual difference for once to other people. I mean you live in the US. Michigan if I recall? Don't that state have pretty liberal laws when it comes to fire arms? You can enjoy that in the private without necessarily jointing a military. How about joining the Palestinian military in the West Bank for some time if that is possible?

I don't want to give you any bad advice but I doubt that there are any legal militant groups anywhere.

What about something more extreme? The French Foreign Legion? If you truly love challenges and military life.

@Hazzy997

Explain a bit more 7abibi.

How about working for some Islamic relief organizations? What is it called again? The Red Crescent? I mean it is not military but you get to travel a lot, meeting new people and doing a difference. Actual difference for once to other people. I mean you live in the US. Michigan if I recall? Don't that state have pretty liberal laws when it comes to fire arms? You can enjoy that in the private without necessary jointing a military. How about joining the Palestinian military in the West Bank for some time if that is possible?

I don't want to give you any bad advices by I doubt that there are any legal militant groups anywhere.

What about something more extreme? The French Foreign Legion? If you truly love challenges and military life.

Yeah there are organizations here but I don't have the time as of now, I'm taking 4 courses but when this semester ends I plan on doing something like joining an organization or joining a gun club but I don't like people in gun clubs, lol. Self explanatory.

Last edited:
Do you know what my ideal life is ?

To live in a secluded place somewhere up North where I live off the land & there isn't a human being in a 100 mile radius anywhere near me !

And that where I live has a large Library !

Sorry to invade the Arabic section but you know @Armstrong thats exactly an ideal life for me as well. I think it just can't get better than that :)

I think that I know what you have in mind @Hazzy997 and I have had similar thoughts but I figured out that it is not where I am in life. I doubt that it is something for me.

I would feel a huge obligation if anyone tried to attack Makkah and Madinah etc. I would answer the call immediately in such a case but it is not realistic. I hope that you all find something that you will be comfortable about doing and enjoying.

Now a completely different topic:

The Arab explorer in my wants to visit The North Sentinel Island badly but at the other hand I don't want to disturb their ancient way of living or worse get killed.

I can't think of something more exciting to visit in terms of visiting isolated people. Maybe similar unknown tribes somewhere in the Amazon Basin, Papua New Guinea or in the middle of Africa.

I seriously get goosebumps just by watching it!!!!!

Speaking about seclusion @Armstrong @Aamna14 maybe you should try to approach those people and maybe they will accept you.:lol:;)

Last edited:
Like most people in the West or outside of it are faithful to their wife's all the time let alone "partners".:rofl: Might as well have 2 wife's instead of having affairs with 10 different women every year as many married men have.
I've always had a question in mind regarding Polygamy but couldn't ask anyone !!!!

Can i ask you :D ???

Never mind lol.

Back
Top Bottom