What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@al-Hasani
I play baseball,softball and chess sometimes.

That's great. No basketball? I genuinely always prefer engaging in games with humans rather than computers. I don't know but it might have something to do with my upbringing and how we as a family always spent time playing games together. I still remember that fondly. Playing chess with my brothers, father etc. Or even my mother!

@Mahmoud_EGY @agentny17

Do you know good dishes in Egypt? And something else to do rather than go to pyramids? I'm probably coming next year and want to spent time. I was wondering if there's a tour for the historical sites? I saw lots of ancient churches and mosques I want to take pictures of. Know anything?

Check out post number 46 and 49 to get you an idea!

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos | Page 4

Traveling along the Nile or visiting Alexandria and Sinai especially (although it's not fully safe right now) are must see areas of Egypt. Aside from old Cairo that I am sure that you have visited.;)

If you want more "extreme" adventures then visit the mountainous areas of Sinai (not recommended right now unless you find local Bedouin guides) or the isolated Red Sea coastline (not Sinai). That I can recommend. Maybe some desert safari too? You could do all that for instance in KSA or any other Arab/ME country but Egypt is a bit unstable right now and especially Sinai so I would not recommend it personally.

Last edited:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/181102#.U4Sy_n-9KK0

This is interesting, wasn't expecting that. :lol:

@Serpentine @haman10 @ResurgentIran @MOHSENAM @mohsen

@Mahmoud_EGY @agentny17

Do you know good dishes in Egypt? And something else to do rather than go to pyramids? I'm probably coming next year and want to spent time. I was wondering if there's a tour for the historical sites? I saw lots of ancient churches and mosques I want to take pictures of. Know anything?
most historic mosques are in cairo and alexandrea there are nice beaches on the red sea and a lot of historic sites in aswan and luxor
about food if you did not try koshri you should i think you know the rest

That's great. No basketball? I genuinely always prefer engaging in games with humans rather than computers. I don't know but it might have something to do with my upbringing and how we as a family always spent time playing games together. I still remember that fondly. Playing chess with my brothers, father etc. Or even my mother!

Check out post number 46 and 49 to get you an idea!

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos | Page 4

Traveling along the Nile or visiting Alexandria and Sinai especially (although it's not fully safe right now) are must see areas of Egypt. Aside from old Cairo that I am sure that you have visited.;)

If you want more "extreme" adventures then visit the mountainous areas of Sinai (not recommend right now) or the isolated Red Sea coastline (not Sinai). That I can recommend. Maybe some desert safari too?

I didn't stay in Alexandria, but i went to Sinai and New Cairo plus old Cairo I saw all the mosques built by Islamic commanders during crusade war.
:)

I didn't stay in Alexandria, but i went to Sinai and New Cairo plus old Cairo I saw all the mosques built by Islamic commanders during crusade war.
:)

There is much to see in Egypt like in all other Arab countries. The problem is now the political situation and the instability. More logistically then the long distances. I mean going from Upper Egypt to Alexandria and from there to the isolated and wild (largely totally empty) Western and Southern parts of Egypt and from there to the Eastern Red Sea coastline (not the one on Sinai) is a long, probably costly and time-consuming trip. If you have a lot of time on your hands, for instance 1-2 months, I could recommend doing something like that. We did a trip similar to the one I am talking about when I was younger (13-14 years old) with siblings and my parents and some relatives but that was when Mubarak was still there and you had no safety problems or instability other than the usual stuff.

Sinai is a real gem nature wise. The best part of Egypt IMO due to the mountains, beaches, wild desert areas etc.

I am less familiar with the Mediterranean coastline. Only visited Alexandria.

@Mahmoud_EGY @Frogman @Dino R. @agentny17 would know much better than me anyway. Neighbor or not.:lol:

There is much to see in Egypt like in all other Arab countries. The problem is now the political situation and the instability. More logistically then the long distances. I mean going from Upper Egypt to Alexandria and from there to the isolated and wild (largely totally empty) Western and Southern parts of Egypt and from there to the Eastern Red Sea coastline (not the one on Sinai) is a long, probably costly and time-consuming trip. If you have a lot of time on your hands, for instance 1-2 months, I could recommend doing something like that. We did a trip similar to the one I am talking about when I was younger (13-14 years old) with siblings and my parents and some relatives but that was when Mubarak was still there and you had no safety problems or instability other than the usual stuff.

Sinai is a real gem nature wise. The best part of Egypt IMO due to the mountains, beaches, wild desert areas etc.

I am less familiar with the Mediterranean coastline. Only visited Alexandria.

@Mahmoud_EGY @Frogman @Dino R. @agentny17 would know much better than me anyway. Neighbor or not.:lol:

I was there a month after the events took place, there was almost no instability. Only in Sinai during night times. Cairo was perfectly normal, some protests on streets but you can't notice them.

What did you do in Sinai? My Dad always wanted to go to Sharm al Shiekh. :lol:

so 2014 shooting in Belgium is Hezbollah's job, cause in other continent and 14 years ago, Israel evacuated part of Lebanon?
no wonder Zionists have occupied the Hollywood, they do have creative minds.

Indeed creative. :D

I was there a month after the events took place, there was almost no instability. Only in Sinai during night times. Cairo was perfectly normal, some protests on streets but you can't notice them.

What did you do in Sinai? My Dad always wanted to go to Sharm al Shiekh. :lol:

Well after we moved to Europe (France) my father always wanted for us children to not loss touch with our paternal roots so each summer we often visited the Arab world. That particular year (2006 or 2007 - can't recall) we made a trip to Jordan, Syria and from there on we went to Egypt where we visited the Pyramids, nearby Cairo, many of the historical sites in Upper Egypt, Alexandria and obviously Sinai. In total we were away for nearly 2 months! More than half of the time we spent in Egypt.

Sinai is just next to Hijaz (nearly bordering it) and it is strikingly similar to the Northern areas of Hijaz. Well, we visited the wild beaches, Sharm el Sheikh, the mountains, Saint Catherine Monastery and then we visited the local Bedouins for 1 night where we had a camp fire and ate some roasted lamb. It was great fun.

One of my father's sister is married to an Egyptian (although he is half French as well) so I got some extended family in the country and like it a lot because of the historical and close ties between Hijaz and Egypt. Anyone speaking Hijazi Arabic will pick up the Egyptian dialect in matter of days due to the big similarities.

Now I am planning to visit the Arab countries that I am yet to visit and some that I have never visited or have no ties to and know very little about. Such as Sudan and far-away Mauritania.:lol: I just don't know when I will get the time to do that and with whom I will travel because when I mentioned those two locations none of my family members or friends seemed willing to do such a trip and I have never travelled alone!

Oh, speaking about Egypt then my family have intermarried with Egyptians for generations. Since the Fatimids. Many Hijazis, especially in the main cities, also have ancestral ties to Egypt. Like vice versa in certain areas of Egypt. But back then it was all just Arab and way before the age of nationalism.

So that's why I have always had great sympathy for Egypt. More than most other Arab countries. Egypt also has the potential to become the leader of the Arab world.

Last edited:
Well after we moved to Europe (France) my father always wanted for us children to not loss touch with our paternal roots so each summer we often visited the Arab world. That particular year (2006 or 2007 - can't recall) we made a trip to Jordan, Syria and from there on we went to Egypt where we visited the Pyramids, nearby Cairo, many of the historical sites in Upper Egypt, Alexandria and obviously Sinai. In total we were away for nearly 2 months! More than half of the time we spent in Egypt.
Sinai is just next to Hijaz (nearly bordering it) and it is strikingly similar to the Northern areas of Hijaz. Well, we visited the wild beaches, Sharm el Sheikh, the mountains, Saint Catherine Monastery and then we visited the local Bedouins for 1 night where we had a camp fire and ate some roasted lamb. It was great fun.
My father's sister is married with an Egyptian (although he is half French as well) so I got some extended family in the country and like it a lot because of the historical and close ties between Hijaz and Egypt. Anyone speaking Hijazi Arabic will pick up the Egyptian dialect in matter of days due to the big similarities.
Now I am planning to visit the Arab countries that I am yet to visit and some that I have never visited or have no ties to and know very little about. Such as Sudan and far-away Mauritania.:lol: I just don't know when I will get the time to do that and with whom I will travel because when I mentioned those two locations none of my family members or friends seemed willing to do such a trip and I have never travelled alone!

Oh, speaking about Egypt then my family have intermarried with Egyptians for generations. Since the Fatimids. Many Hijazis, especially in the main cities, also have ancestral ties to Egypt. Like vice versa in certain areas of Egypt. But back then it was all just Arab and way before the age of nationalism.

So that's why I have always had great sympathy for Egypt. More than most other Arab countries.

I have some Turkish roots. Probably ottoman intermarriage. Little connection, not much. Although largely a Palestinian family.

@al-Hasani

Never EVER take a ride on a horse in Egypt. :lol:

I went on one going uphill in the pyramids and it collided with another horse. Then everytime it ran my private area would slam against the leather seating. I almost fell off four times. :rofl:

Thank God I wasn't paraylized. I immeditalty got off at the top of the hill. :D

@Hazzy997

As I said it's better to ignore those creatures. Those are the types that should raise concern from a theological and political viewpoint as we have discussed. But we need to keep in mind that they only represent a tiny minority although a growing one due to the geopolitical events of the region since 1979 and especially after 2003.

I am talking about the illiterate low IQ user Malik Alashter and our Farsi serial double user that just replied to you. It's those types that can make you hostile but then you remember that they only form a tiny minority and that it's not worth it. In any case sectarianism is not needed and a hindrance for the Arab and Muslim world.

One of my father's sister is married to an Egyptian (although he is half French as well) so I got some extended family in the country and like it a lot because of the historical and close ties between Hijaz and Egypt. Anyone speaking Hijazi Arabic will pick up the Egyptian dialect in matter of days due to the big similarities.

So that's why I have always had great sympathy for Egypt. More than most other Arab countries. Egypt also has the potential to become the leader of the Arab world.

So you are a European Arab ! :o:

Ahhh well maybe thats the reason why you don't eat any Falafels with Hummus but is often seen munching on Chicken Teriyaki and Red Wine ! :(

So you are a European Arab ! :o:

Ahhh well maybe thats the reason why you don't eat any Falafels with Hummus but is often seen munching on Chicken Teriyaki and Red Wine ! :(

Partial one. But yeah, I have lived in Europe for half of my life and still do. Mostly France but now Denmark as you know.

LOL. I eat Arab cuisine from Morocco to Oman but not a much as I would have wished for!:(

I mostly eat Arab cuisine (ME basically), Southern European and sometimes South Asian and Chinese and other Asian cuisines. When I am not preparing food myself.:lol:

Which often ends in easy Mediterranean dishes and lots of boring pasta and sometimes fish (salmon mostly) and lots of cheese, diary products and yoghurt.:D

Partial one. But yeah, I have lived in Europe for half of my life and still do. Mostly France but now Denmark as you know.

LOL. I eat Arab cuisine from Morocco to Oman but not a much as I would have wished for!:(

I mostly eat Arab cuisine (ME basically), Southern European and sometimes South Asian and Chinese and other Asian cuisines. When I am not doing food myself.:lol:

I ate Arab Cuisine on my visit to the States; both the Moroccan Restaurant & the some Arab Kiosk were terribly bland - You guys don't marinate the meat with much spices do you ? :disagree:

The Lebanese barbeque, on the other hand, was nice ! :)

And whats with the excessive use of Olive Oil ? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom