What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I think we need to invest in "GPS/INS guided 155mm shell technology" intstead of integrating mortars in our tanks...
Turkey use this technology for its FIrtina. The only thing Turkey should change is,
I think we need to invest in "GPS/INS guided 155mm shell technology" intstead of integrating mortars in our tanks...

Turkish Firtina and panter artillery use GPS guided shell and they all produced in MKE. But recently Turkey develop different missiles such as Laser designated or IR. We can see it in Mizrak-u or Cirit. The reason is, GPS cordinates are given by US satelite to the whole world, which mean you basically depend on the USA in a case of war. Thats why even Russians try to make their own GPS satelite(Also Turkey in the future).
So when it Turkey unveiling the final version of Altay tank with final specifications?

Altay will transform Turkish land forces
in 2104, Altay will finish its tests and I think they will start production either in 2015 or 2016. But, they havent declare any news about the engine. I just cant wait to see it!! Probably we will see it in IDEF 2015 ;)

Turkish Firtina and panter artillery use GPS guided shell and they all produced in MKE. But recently Turkey develop different missiles such as Laser designated or IR. We can see it in Mizrak-u or Cirit. The reason is, GPS cordinates are given by US satelite to the whole world, which mean you basically depend on the USA in a case of war. Thats why even Russians try to make their own GPS satelite(Also Turkey in the future).

Any source ? that's the first time that i hear we have produced guided artillery shells.

For Pictures, There is a small formality. Otokar can't reveal any pictures without SSM's approval. ;)

I think you saw a picture. Is there a different between the other pictures of Altay? What we all want to know, is their a different turret or armor?

Ok. Do you know if something different to 'old' Altay? What do you think when will Otokar publish first pictures?
Do you want him to die in a "car accident"? :ph34r:

___________________________________________-

@cabatli_53 Will this prototype have the domestic motor or will P2 have it?

Are there any details available from the past firing trials? What were the results?

Last edited:
Do you want him to die in a "car accident"? :ph34r:

___________________________________________-

@cabatli_53 Will this prototype have the domestic motor or will P2 have it?

Are there any details available from the past firing trials? What were the results?

Bro, According to plan, Domestic motors are going to replace MTU, After 250 Altay with MTU motors are produced for Turkish Army...

Back
Top Bottom