What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Hey does the Altay have datalink?
I'm assuming it would, what type?
Do tanks use Link16?
Or something similar which would allow it to share battlefield intel with any other allied tank etc.
Communication is everything.
The Altay will use many systems that are from this upgrade program.

can any one tell me what weapons altay carry Except that big cannon !
Rather weak 7.62mm co-axial gun and stabilised remote controlled 12.7mm gun station

We can mount a few more machingeguns like in the Abrams' TUSK. But what 'Im waiting for is a gun-launched 120mm variant of Mızrak-U

Last edited:
guys i was searching about mortars and i get an idea why you dont add mortars to altay ? :D i know it's little childish but just see this pic

Mortar_firing_Iraq.jpg

jjj.jpg
jym.jpg
lePzMrs_asdfddh0007.jpg

this is my altay version

same with turkish one but i ill add 1 NSV machine gun on hatch it can be used against helicopters one machine gun in the left side of big main gun one AGS-17 grenade machinegun in the right side , one mortar in the back of the tank the mortal should have a ability for up/down(long/close) and 180' left/right aiming

if you could make mortal's reload as automatic and give control of mortal to one of the gunners or commander than the number of crew will be 7 people ! 1 commander, 4 gunner,1 loader, 1 driver oh god whata monster i build :D

guys i was searching about mortars and i get an idea why you dont add mortars to altay ? :D i know it's little childish but just see this pic

Mortar_firing_Iraq.jpg

jjj.jpg
jym.jpg
lePzMrs_asdfddh0007.jpg

this is my altay version

same with turkish one but i ill add 1 NSV machine gun on hatch it can be used against helicopters one machine gun in the left side of big main gun one AGS-17 grenade machinegun in the right side , one mortar in the back of the tank the mortal should have a ability for up/down(long/close) and 180' left/right aiming

if you could make mortal's reload as automatic and give control of mortal to one of the gunners or commander than the number of crew will be 7 people ! 1 commander, 4 gunner,1 loader, 1 driver oh god whata monster i build :D

This is the mortar on the israeli merkava tank.

. A 60 mm Soltam Commando mortar is carried by the Merkava for which 30 mortar bombs are stored in a compartment in the turret rear. This mortar fires high-explosive, smoke and illumination bombs and helps conserve 105 mm ammunition.

Army Guide - MERKAVA Mk-1, Main battle tank

Merkava60mmMortar.jpg

This is the mortar on the israeli merkava tank.

. A 60 mm Soltam Commando mortar is carried by the Merkava for which 30 mortar bombs are stored in a compartment in the turret rear. This mortar fires high-explosive, smoke and illumination bombs and helps conserve 105 mm ammunition.

Army Guide - MERKAVA Mk-1, Main battle tank

Merkava60mmMortar.jpg
so the mortars really used in modern tanks ? :D but it seems it can only up/down move able how can you aim for lef/right ? :devil:

so the mortars really used in modern tanks ? :D but it seems it can only up/down move able how can you aim for lef/right ? :devil:
The mortar is located inside the turret so if the turret moves to the right than the mortar goes to the right.

I believe that the altay should have a mortar aswell.

The mortar is located inside the turret so if the turret moves to the right than the mortar goes to the right.

i get it now ty :D

Mortar_firing_Iraq.jpg

jjj.jpg
jym.jpg
lePzMrs_asdfddh0007.jpg

this is my altay version

I dont really think altay need them. That would be an easy place to penetrate Altay. Also, their functions are different. Turkey has thousand of m113 and they switched some of them to mortars, such as these. Also, Altay will be able to fire laser designated rockets from cannon which will increase its ability to shot targets they cant even see. Turkey develop weapond to use for next 30 years, and im pretty sure, these mortars will be useless(by capable of hitting low distance) in the future, instead, they can develop rockets that UAV can target and Tank can shoot them from far away. They simply doesnt need additional weight to the tank ;)

VUSBX07-22.jpg

I dont really think altay need them. That would be an easy place to penetrate Altay. Also, their functions are different. Turkey has thousand of m113 and they switched some of them to mortars, such as these. Also, Altay will be able to fire laser designated rockets from cannon which will increase its ability to shot targets they cant even see. Turkey develop weapond to use for next 30 years, and im pretty sure, these mortars will be useless(by capable of hitting low distance) in the future, instead, they can develop rockets that UAV can target and Tank can shoot them from far away. They simply doesnt need additional weight to the tank ;)

View attachment 25333
i didn't know in our time we can fire a rocket from cannon :o: , so it will make mortars useless you are absolutely right :)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom