What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

What difference will there be between P1,P2 and P3,P4?

Prototypes are produced as following;

-MTR (Real chassis, mock-up turret)
-FTR (Real chassis, real barrel, original armour weight' simulated turret with different shapes) (Roketsan didn't supply anything for FTR prototype, since development of original blocks were not completed yet)
-P1 (Real turret with Roketsan armours +chassis)
-P2 (Real turret with Roketsan armours+Chassis)

Prototypes are produced as following;

-MTR (Real chassis, mock-up turret)
-FTR (Real chassis, real barrel, original armour weight' simulated turret with different shapes) (Roketsan didn't supply anything for FTR prototype, since development of original blocks were not completed yet)
-P1 (Real turret with Roketsan armours +chassis)
-P2 (Real turret with Roketsan armours+Chassis)

P1 and P2 ready and being tested now?

P1 and P2 ready and being tested now?

No, not yet ! Based on referances gained from MTR/FTR, P1/2 is under production phase at present. I suppose We are going to see them in this year. If you pay attention to development steps carefully, Roketsan have completed qualification of Altay's armour blocks in recent months ( I suppose 5-6 months ago(?)).

FTR turret introduced and used on firing trials are completely different.

1426737_6609229772808y3cs1.jpg

so is the P1 supposed to look something like this? If so then it looks great.

306569_262440263839642_438448246_n.jpg

No, not yet ! Based on referances gained from MTR/FTR, P1/2 is under production phase at present. I suppose We are going to see them in this year. If you pay attention to development steps carefully, Roketsan have completed qualification of Altay's armour blocks in recent months ( I suppose 5-6 months ago(?)).

Which characteristic differences will P1 and P2 have ? Which kind of differences ? Any info about this ?

Back
Top Bottom