What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

The FTR shape of turret used on real firing trials are more or less similar lines with first design image of Altay and I expect to see a similar design on P1 and P2 as well.

attachment.php

P1 is made for mobility test thus MTR while P2 made for firing tests thus FTR , only after P3 we will be able see real shape of turret.

There won't be a prototype like P3... P1 and P2 would be near-end tanks which is going to be used for qualifications...

2-1.jpg

2017 for mass production !!!

3-1.jpg

Last edited:
The FTR shape of turret used on real firing trials are more or less similar lines with first design image of Altay and I expect to see a similar design on P1 and P2 as well.

attachment.php

There won't be a prototype like P3... P1 and P2 would be near-end tanks which is going to be used for qualifications...

2-1.jpg

2017 for mass production !!!

3-1.jpg
Okay now everything is clear. thanks guys.

If thats going to be final look of turret, its looks fine.

P1 is made for mobility test thus MTR while P2 made for firing tests thus FTR , only after P3 we will be able see real shape of turret.

I think you are wrong...

Nor MTR is P1 neither FTR is P2...

At the end Otokar will have 4 Altays...

1- MTR
2- FTR
3- P1
4- P2

This is what i understand about 4 prototypes...

I think you are wrong...

Nor MTR is P1 neither FTR is P2...

At the end Otokar will have 4 Altays...

1- MTR
2- FTR
3- P1
4- P2

This is what i understand about 4 prototypes...
Apples and oranges.

So far I see no changes from the initial design, absolutely nothing changed, at least visibly, and most data is classified :)

I'm finding it hard to believe how this thread came 44 pages, there's nothing to talk about.

From what it seems we have a Leopard2A7, a bit lower silhouette and a bit harder composite armor

So far I see no changes from the initial design, absolutely nothing changed, at least visibly, and most data is classified :)

I'm finding it hard to believe how this thread came 44 pages, there's nothing to talk about.

From what it seems we have a Leopard2A7, a bit lower silhouette and a bit harder composite armor

Which initial design ? The 3D one or prototype mock-up ?

Which initial design ? The 3D one or prototype mock-up ?
is there a difference in between? I don't think so. Whatever data that has been gathered during off-road and firing tests wasn't used yet. It will surprise me a great deal should the P1 and P2 be any different than initial 3D design.

To be honest I'm more excited about the NG upgrade than the whole ALTAY project. I like to use resources most efficiently and I'm surprised how the army didn't order the NG yet. Augmenting the Leopard 2 fleet with NG program with the addition of 120mm L55 guns shouldn't take more than a couple of months and would be cost efficient.

And we could use whatever subsystems that would be left over from Leopard 2A4s... Leopard1s and M60A3s could get L44 guns for example

@revojam @ozi2000

I took this from ROKETSAN's website... It is from TÜBİTAK's magazine Bilim ve Teknik...

http://www.roketsan.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ALTAY.pdf

Accordig to this news there won't be P3 & P4...

Also at the end there will be 4 prototypes...

1- MTR
2- FTR
3- P1
4- P2

When you count the prototypes mentioned here it makes 4 prototypes as i said... 2 (MTR & FTR) of them unveiled and 2 (P1 & P2) is under production... If you remember it is said that OTOKAR will produce 4 prototypes at the beginning of project...

ALTAY.JPG

Hey does the Altay have datalink?
I'm assuming it would, what type?
Do tanks use Link16?
Or something similar which would allow it to share battlefield intel with any other allied tank etc.
Communication is everything.

Back
Top Bottom