What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Anyone have the conditions of contract (şartname) and OTOKAR/BMC best offers for Altay?

Altay will probably be obsolete, by the time this whole circus of sharing this big cake of money is finished. I dont see this project advancing to the production stage. Political stuff and big pile of money to be shared by government affliated contractors will mess this up. OTOKAR should draw its own future, instead of expecting anything from the government. It looks like it will be a very long time before BMC readies its infrastructure and expertise for a serious mass production of Altay tanks with some acceptable quality. I wonder, how much design information and expertise will go to waste, how they will transfer knowledge from the design team to the production team fully.

Well we could upgrade Altay by the time the first 500 are produced.

Altay will probably be obsolete, by the time this whole circus of sharing this big cake of money is finished. I dont see this project advancing to the production stage. Political stuff and big pile of money to be shared by government affliated contractors will mess this up. OTOKAR should draw its own future, instead of expecting anything from the government. It looks like it will be a very long time before BMC readies its infrastructure and expertise for a serious mass production of Altay tanks with some acceptable quality. I wonder, how much design information and expertise will go to waste, how they will transfer knowledge from the design team to the production team fully.
There is nothing too much OTOKAR lost. But Turkish defence industry and Turkey lost.

This is why:

Apart from being the main land systems supplier of Turkish Armed Forces, Otokar is a well-known and appreciated brand in global markets. The company has delivered over 28 thousand military vehicles to nearly 50 different users in around 30 countries. Today, Otokar vehicles are globally deployed in various operations under UN and NATO flags.

28000 ? that's an amazing amount, any specification or source ?
Most of them are Turkish army land rovers, police's akreps, TUR ARMY-JANDARMA-POLICE's kobra 1,kobra 2s.. for patrol purposes even there many ford ranger, connect and transits in army, jandarma,police, navy and air force.. even otokar branded service buses they use..

Other countries' are not so so so many.. may be 500 kobra total, and some land rovers and etc..

Most of them are Turkish army land rovers, police's akreps, TUR ARMY-JANDARMA-POLICE's kobra 1,kobra 2s.. for patrol purposes even there many ford ranger, connect and transits in army, jandarma,police, navy and air force.. even otokar branded service buses they use..

Other countries' are not so so so many.. may be 500 kobra total, and some land rovers and etc..
Source?

As far as i can see from their website, OTOKAR does not sell Ford products..

I think there is no mass production because of the engine

After all they want a 100% domestically built tank

Also a tank life cycle ( with maintenance and upgrades) go beyond 20 years it's not optimal yes but they developed a God damn tank and it's a first let them take their time and deliver something awesome rather than speed up and deliver junk

Last edited:
Roketsan meets Stanag5/6 protection requirements on lighter blocks than German compote armour blocks.
BF5C0CF0-DCEC-4CB8-A8A9-157EBF60B3B3.jpeg
868EF0E4-A25C-4BD5-9F4B-7DFD065B71BF.jpeg

German blocks
A5A135C9-E7A6-4718-9BA9-9F4EC4E695AE.jpeg
6908EB1C-1B8F-4B91-B0A6-152E75894DBA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom