What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Turkey will never seen this vehicle in his inventory or maybe foreign inventory because of dispute between Erdogan and Koc family.
Is that why Gendarmerie is going to buy Arma armored vehicles? https://www.aksam.com.tr/guncel/jandarma-atak-arma-ve-hurkusla-gucune-guc-katiyor/haber-713668
And have (more than 75) Cobra II's already in their inventory? As well as police having (more than 100) Otokar Ural's in their inventory?

Bismarck, I have proven to you time and time again that there is no dispute, I think you are just trolling at this point tbh.

The interesting part is that they said that it was developed for the export market, so they know in which environment they have to operate.
They said they are targeting several markets with the Tulpar. This doesn't exclude Turkey, and why would it. Tulpar only has FNSS's Kaplan and FNSS/Pindad light tank as competitors in TR.

Last edited:
Is that why Gendarmerie is going to buy Arma armored vehicles? https://www.aksam.com.tr/guncel/jandarma-atak-arma-ve-hurkusla-gucune-guc-katiyor/haber-713668
And have (more than 75) Cobra II's already in their inventory? As well as police having (more than 100) Otokar Ural's in their inventory?

Bismarck, I have proven to you time and time again that there is no dispute, I think you are just trolling at this point tbh.

They said they are targeting several markets with the Tulpar. This doesn't exclude Turkey, and why would it. Tulpar only has FNSS's Kaplan and FNSS/Pindad light tank as competitors in TR.

Yes, in low numbers they (not Erdogan I guess) buy otokar vehicles. But I think you are wrong that Koc and Erdogan have no dispute.

Yes, in low numbers they (not Erdogan I guess) buy otokar vehicles. But I think you are wrong that Koc and Erdogan have no dispute.

Why are you so concerned about these things, third whell German? Aren't you supposed to be busy following orders from your new governor, Richard Grenell? Turkey's internal affairs are none of your business!
But if you want to talk much about Turkey's internal affairs, perhaps you can inform us about the BND's so-called German foundations and its PKK & FETO & coup support activities in Turkey.

What do you mean with 'they', the government? And why do you differentiate 'they' with Erdogan? Turkey (government/state) doesn't have a two-headed leadership, so there is no differentiation between government and Erdogan in the sense that they are two different independent bodies competing with each other.The governmental institutions themselves decide what products to buy, and make these purchases by way of SSM. The EU and US media like to make this differentiation when reporting about Turkey (Erdogan's army, Erdogan's police, etc) but that is because of the policy (which is sadly hostile) towards Turkey at the moment. By saying Erdogan's police etc. they are subtly propagating negatively toward Erdogan and Turkey as a whole (not gonna mention the obvious side of it). And we see the fruits of this policy for instance in the German national squad and how Turkish players are being treated. You might think this policy is recent as well because of the row between our countries, but it has been going on since 2010. I personally first noticed it back in 2012 or 2013.

Regarding Erdogan and Koc:
A couple of weeks ago Ali Koc got elected to be president of Fenerbahce football club. Erdogan was one of the first to congratulate him. Turkish link, but you can use google translate: https://www.haberler.com/cumhurbaskani-erdogan-dan-baskan-ali-koc-a-kutlama-10946985-haberi/

He also gave a speech at a factory opening of Koc Joint venture 'Ford Otosan'. https://www.ntv.com.tr/galeri/ekono...LJXrzmT6OUSTLtlrk-ai4w/_ckqjdQzekKc-kAOA2w2cA

One day before the passing of Mustafa Koc, Erdogan spoke with both him and his brother. Among the things spoken was also the defence industry and Altay tank. http://www.businessht.com.tr/piyasalar/haber/1184733-erdogan-konustu-koc-sirketinin-hissesi-zipladi

Otokar and other Koc owned companies like Arcelik (includes BEKO), RMK Marine, Ford Otosan, Tofas, Tupras among others are all strategic companies for Turkey. Erdogan won't do anything to jeopardize the future of any of these companies.

Why are you so concerned about these things, third whell German? Aren't you supposed to be busy following orders from your new governor, Richard Grenell? Turkey's internal affairs are none of your business!

This is a forum and everyone can share their thoughts and opinions. Or does it say somewhere that he's not allowed to participate? Or how is it even meddeling when he posts something on a forum. What kind of childish reaction is that?

@Bismarck keep posting and asking questions

But if you want to talk much about Turkey's internal affairs, perhaps you can inform us about the BND's so-called German foundations and its PKK & FETO & coup support activities in Turkey.

Just place him on your ignore list and ignore him, simple.

We should have a couple of dozens of them by now. They are really slow with this project.

Df_KDWnXUAAH7cP.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom