What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Turkey should just go with the Ukranian engine, otherwise this will get delayed by at least 5 more years if not more.

Turkey should just go with the Ukranian engine, otherwise this will get delayed by at least 5 more years if not more.
Maybe TR should just stay with own companys and invest all that money they planed to spend at foreign engines, for tanks, trucks, helicopters, jets etc in domestic companies and force own development, no matter what time it will take! Once the engines are there, who says they must be better then other in the beginning!, you'll be independent once for all. Then you can improve them, you can export them, you can do whatever you want and nobody can take any influence on TR any more! Point is TR and you guys at this forum have to be more patient, nothing happens over night especially when you want to operate at that high level and when all your "friends" and "allies" are just looking how to stop or sabotage you! As a foreigner who just sympathize and like TR sometimes I can't understand why are you so unrealistic and hypercritical, do you see any other nation in the world, except China, who made that huge progress in that short time as TR did?

Maybe TR should just stay with own companys and invest all that money they planed to spend at foreign engines, for tanks, trucks, helicopters, jets etc in domestic companies and force own development, no matter what time it will take! Once the engines are there, who says they must be better then other in the beginning!, you'll be independent once for all. Then you can improve them, you can export them, you can do whatever you want and nobody can take any influence on TR any more! Point is TR and you guys at this forum have to be more patient, nothing happens over night especially when you want to operate at that high level and when all your "friends" and "allies" are just looking how to stop or sabotage you! As a foreigner who just sympathize and like TR sometimes I can't understand why are you so unrealistic and hypercritical, do you see any other nation in the world, except China, who made that huge progress in that short time as TR did?

My friend, there is nothing domestic about MTU engines, they are a giant liability politically. So now, the solution is to get a company that has little to no experience in engines to work with MTU to develop engines locally. Do you think the Germans, who incidentally hate you, will help you develop engines so you don't need to buy from them? What kind of thinking is this? It makes no sense.

Ukraine was offering full ToT. But this was not taken. We are being critical out of love, if we were Westerners, we wouldn't give a damn, just clap our hands while laughing behind you...

image.jpeg

MEKEK produces this under licence? Korean licence?
No this is their own product

Check this post, MKEK also makes 120mm HEAT now:

MKEK also produces its own 120mm HEAT now. It was used during EFES 2018.

"MKE Kurumu öz kaynaklarıyla yeni geliştirilen tank topu mühimmatı (120 HE, 120 HEAT), 155 mm Fırtına obüs mühimmatları ve modüler barut sistemi yerli ve yabancı katılımcılara tanıtıldı."

http://www.mkek.gov.tr/tr/notice.aspx?nid=2185&menu=1

In AKP's election manifesto there is information about activities continuing for the modernization for 169 M60 and Leopard tanks. The modernization is completed for 120 tanks.
33540436_1866151286749621_7833118778433994752_n.png

In AKP's election manifesto there is information about activities continuing for the modernization for 169 M60 and Leopard tanks. The modernization is completed for 120 tanks.
33540436_1866151286749621_7833118778433994752_n.png

Are they planing to modernize the Leo 2's ? I hope so. Otherwise modernizing the old Leo's makes nonsense to me.

Anyone think the new government after 24th June will cancel the tender because of the criminal record of Rheinmetall ?

Anyone think the new government after 24th June will cancel the tender because of the criminal record of Rheinmetall ?
I personally don't think so. This deal is done. We need new tanks and we already did enough mistakes in the process for Altay. We can't allow the process to slow down further.

Back
Top Bottom