What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Guys whats is the result of bid?
%100 Turkish Co. lost.
Altghout multinational has won the bid Altay tanks will be produced with imported engines like Otokar had offered:)
What are the advantages foreigner investors will bring then?
Or it's the obvious evidence of corruption of century.
RTE just neglected Otokar.
Why is TEİ creating a tank engine now?
This engineers of Turkish nation without RTE would produce tanks and uavs. He really corrupts.

Guys, I think it's important to understand how shareholder and stakeholder works.

Let me give you an example, Maersk used to have A stock and B stock. A stock are controlling stocks, which means 50,1% would give you control over the company (only maersk family had them and a few others). while B stocks were for investors who were interested in making money by investing in a company that pays out dividend, or sell the stocks when the value goes up.

I don't know if BMC and FNSS is like that, but I think perhaps you are overreacting a bit too much before understanding who chairs the board. etc.

of course you could have a valid concern, imo. Turkcell could be an example here, where karamehmet had problems retaining control over the company, stupidity tbh. majority of the shares were in foreign hands which gave big problems because he tried to retain control while he didn't have majority.

EDIT: just checked BMC website and it's pretty bad. I think this is a general problem with turkish companies, very few has dedicated ppl hired to make awesome websites, which helps promote the companies.

Last edited:
Shares of Otokar and KOC Holding have been available in Istanbul Stock Exchange. If somebodies wanted to take some shares, they would be welcome.
Otokar hadnt needed investments more over.
Who cares about shares or investments , somebody wants to switch FORTUMLARI on to himself...

https://www.otokar.com/en-us/investorrelations/stockinformation/Pages/default.aspx

free float is 27%, which means the remaining 73% are owned by Koc/Otokar. So by offering 27% of their shares they're raising money for R&D etc. and by paying out dividend to those who bought 27% (pretend it's interest/yani faiz) they ensure satisfaction from their stakeholders.

BMC was bought by Ertem, and if the only way BMC can continue existing is through contracts with SSM, then that's how they'll keep that company floating.

I found this on Otokars website
https://www.otokar.com/en-us/investorrelations/corporategovernance/Documents/divident-policy.pdf
This policy says pay-out dividend of minimum 50%, which means it could be 100% so there wouldn't be anything left for R&D.

Last edited:
Am I the only one or the turret seems different?
It is not Altay but NG.

It is not Altay but NG.

You seem to be really angry that a turkish tank will be built and you can't do anything to sabotage it, isn't? Well, you have a right to be angry, cheers. C'mon BMC bring that monster.
I am angry not because Altay will be built. I am angry because the project is being sabotaged by the hands of corrupted politicians who gave it to a company depending on the Swiss based German company known with the briberies to the governments.
We already are behind the planned time. We dont have time to gamble.

BMC has no factory to build Altay. They say they will build one but postponed. Rheinmetall has only an office opened recently..

The project has been sabotaged already two times before by foreign governments preventing German MTU and Austrian AVL from business in Turkey.

Now, who can claim the same wont repeat and Rheinmetall the company supposed to provide technical assistance to Bmc wont withdraw?

There would be no risk to worry if kept going with the same company 100% Turkish who proved itself. Plus, our money would stay home instead of going out...

India police charge Rheinmetall official with bribery

Rheinmetall is currently under investigation for bribing the Greek Government with up to €9 million to attain submarine defence deals

Now, you still think i dont want the tank?

I am angry not because Altay will be built. I am angry because the project is being sabotaged by the hands of corrupted politicians who gave it to a company depending on the Swiss based German company known with the briberies to the governments.
We already are behind the planned time. We dont have time to gamble.

BMC has no factory to build Altay. They say they will build one but postponed. Rheinmetall has only an office opened recently..

The project has been sabotaged already two times before by foreign governments preventing German MTU and Austrian AVL from business in Turkey.

Now, who can claim the same wont repeat and Rheinmetall the company supposed to provide technical assistance to Bmc wont withdraw?

There would be no risk to worry if kept going with the same company 100% Turkish who proved itself. Plus, our money would stay home instead of going out...

India police charge Rheinmetall official with bribery

Rheinmetall is currently under investigation for bribing the Greek Government with up to €9 million to attain submarine defence deals

Now, you still think i dont want the tank?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom