What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

guzelik.jpg

Sooo, what happened to this project? Are we gonna see first serial production tanks in 2-3 years?

What 18 months? They didn't even sign the contract as far as i know, but just started "talking".

How long -minimum- does it take to set up an assembly line/factory for an MBT such as Altay? Anyone knows?

@cabatli_53 Do we have any ongoing project concerning APFSDS i.e KE projectiles ?

Last edited:
How long -minimum- does it take to set up an assembly line/factory for an MBT such as Altay? Anyone knows?
2 years minimum for factory to be operational, but as far as i know BMC still didn't laid the foundation yet....since Erdo won the election, i think they will begin construction shortly....but this is Turkey you never know.

actually it will be an asembly line. Otokar said itself they will deliver 20 tanks in 2020 so bmc can make it 12 per year that means one tank for a month so they can deliver early

the sad fact is, that the altay will be out of date when the last one of the thousand planned was produced in 2123... sorry for trolling but its just again a sad turkish story...

M1 Abrams tanks had 105 mm guns but M1A1’s have 120 mm

Back
Top Bottom