What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Those numbers are the amount of investment of companies. Those investment will not be given by government o_O They will invest themselves. Government can, delay/remove tax revenue from those investments at max (turning those investments into tax-free).

It is not like government will give 2billion to BMC, but lets assume that if %15 of the investment was going to be tax, so BMC won't give additional 300million to government as tax.

thanks for the info

MKE HE-T

20180410120847498TG2492.jpg

Great Work and credit goes to MKE.. Allot of people like to discredit MKE achievements here but I have faith in MKE.

What else ammunition are we denied off and could develop by ourselves?

I believe SARP is slowly but surely becoming obsolete, not in the electronics and E/O it uses but the design.

40mm AGL is notorious for it's firing arc and SARP is setup more in favour of flatter trajectory weapons systems like 7.62 or 50.cal ... When 40mm AGL is required to fire upon targets where the weapon system has to lob the round in a firing arc the E/O which attached directly beneath the weapon has to break visual sight as the weapon has to increase angle... that means the gunner will have to watch the sky every time he fires at a certain range beyond 400meters.

2697_17_67-m79-grenade-launcher-sight.jpg

These weapon systems are superior imo, simply because E/O is not directly attached to weapon cradle;

T-90MS_remote_controlled_wepon_system_6P7K_7-62mm_machine_gun_Russia_Russian_army_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg

Slovenian_company_Valhalla_Turrets_unveils_light_tactical_turret_and_RCWS_at_DSEI_2017_640_001.jpg

That is very logical, but doesn't it make you wonder why our defense industry didn't make a similar product. I haven't seen a STAMP by Aselsan where the Arms and E/O works separatly like Raytheons.

I believe SARP is slowly but surely becoming obsolete, not in the electronics and E/O it uses but the design.

40mm AGL is notorious for it's firing arc and SARP is setup more in favour of flatter trajectory weapons systems like 7.62 or 50.cal ... When 40mm AGL is required to fire upon targets where the weapon system has to lob the round in a firing arc the E/O which attached directly beneath the weapon has to break visual sight as the weapon has to increase angle... that means the gunner will have to watch the sky every time he fires at a certain range beyond 400meters.

2697_17_67-m79-grenade-launcher-sight.jpg

These weapon systems are superior imo, simply because E/O is not directly attached to weapon cradle;

T-90MS_remote_controlled_wepon_system_6P7K_7-62mm_machine_gun_Russia_Russian_army_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg

Slovenian_company_Valhalla_Turrets_unveils_light_tactical_turret_and_RCWS_at_DSEI_2017_640_001.jpg
It would be nice if we can get Sarp Dual for the M60s.

That is very logical, but doesn't it make you wonder why our defense industry didn't make a similar product. I haven't seen a STAMP by Aselsan where the Arms and E/O works separatly like Raytheons.

Naval stuff is fine and the land weapon stations are getting better... Hopefully the next iteration of SARP resolves that concern, it'll also help with the vibration and shake which can be nauseating...

Here you can see weapon station compensating for bullet drop

If AKP win the election and if they still won't give the tender to one company until the end of 2018, they will wish that they didn't win..

Wtf, give it already.

GG you let the pride of this nation become a joke by letting Germans build it because you can’t keep your corruption in check. Good job. Also don’t cry when those tanks are very low quality and the German media cries about why Germany allows us to use altay in battles. I could rip through walls right now. Pieces of shit.

Delayed the project for 2 years so their buddies could get ready and suck German d*** in the end. This project is dead for me and anyone who calls altay Turkish should stop lying to themselves. Btw @Bismarck I’m gonna fully support you making fun of anybody calling this tank Turkish anymore.

If AKP win the election and if they still won't give the tender to one company until the end of 2018, they will wish that they didn't win..

Wtf, give it already.

You know exactly why they delayed it for the last two years. So the can give it to their buddies at BMC who have no experience whatsoever. And BMC knows this so they begged the Germans to build the tanks for them which the Germans will use against us every single time we do anything with those tanks. So much for “Turkish” tank.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom