What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

If I have to decide between Germany and UK I would decide UK. At least FNSS have experience in armored vehicles and medium tanks while BMC have non of this.

We shouldn't discount Nurol either. Nurol is the principal company behind FNSS but is an independent national off-shoot. They would have engineers working jointly with FNSS and Nurol.

Maybe a Otokar, Nurol and BMC venture would be more suitable.

We shouldn't discount Nurol either. Nurol is the principal company behind FNSS but is an independent national off-shoot. They would have engineers working jointly with FNSS and Nurol.

Maybe a Otokar, Nurol and BMC venture would be more suitable.
Or just Nurol and Otokar... You are right about FNSS. I just don't want anything to go to foreign firm. I am also concerned about the friends of Erdogan but I could make a compromise if there is not foreign involvement. BMC is also partly owned by the Qataris.

Which transmission is supposed to be used in ALTAYs powerpack? Genuine?
Because purchasing legendary french transmission RENK have been used in LEO 2 and many other tanks , would be a new problem.
Fvckkk we shouldnt abuse germans in order to purchase MTU engine now one more problem with transmission.

Last edited:
May be for export to a country which prefers Germans FCS

You order it for own need, what I can not understand because you have one called Volkan-3 by aselsan.

if you sell, we would like to accept with pleasure. if FCS is genuine product for Leopard tanks why not?

Because of your own product called Volkan-3 by aselsan.

What is the model? If we ordered currently used by Leo's that's for spares. If we ordered something new that's for something else.

cough***RBSS*** cough***Leo2 mod*** cough***80+ vehicles***

As far as I know it’s the latest FCS you have developed. I think you can used it on both tanks.
Errr, i don't think that FCSs work like that o_O Afaik a FCS should be designed identicial to the tank type. You cannot just remove one FCS from a tank and mount it on another type tank and expect it to work :lol:

The source i provided in the quote you quoted says that Volkan-3 developed for Altay.

Errr, i don't think that FCSs work like that o_O Afaik a FCS should be designed identicial to the tank type. You cannot just remove one FCS from a tank and mount it on another type tank and expect it to work :lol:

The source i provided in the quote you quoted says that Volkan-3 developed for Altay.

I Don’t talk about any tank. I talk about Leo2 NG and Altay.

Maybe they want to use Volkan-2 on Leo2 NG and Volkan-3 on Altay.

You need to recalibrate the embedded software in LRU's. It's more of a software thing than a hardware one. Those two are near identical while the subcomponents of the Altay's designed to fit inside the tank better the other one is more of a universal design.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom