What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Of course I dont think so. I didnt chose that partner and I am sure that somebody who cares about the nationality of the project and the future Turkish industrial ambitions didnt chose it to happen like this. Those were the prime minister's words not ours. I just wanted to remind you to stay away from provocative comments because it will not end good. And especially on that matter.

For a while, Erdogan said, they want to minimize defence imports and maximizing indigenous developments.

I just repeat what Turkish prime minister said. Nothing more, nothing less.

Turkey aims to produce unmanned tanks: Erdoğan
ANKARA
5a8d84507152da2d04b852e6.jpg

Turkey is targeting the production of unmanned tanks for its armed forces, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has stated.

“We will carry it a step further [after domestically produced unmanned aerial vehicles] … We should reach the ability to produce unmanned tanks as well. We will do it,” Erdoğan said at a meeting held at the presidential complex in Ankara on Feb. 21.

Five Turkish soldiers were recently killed in a tank near the Sheikh Haruz area of Syria’s Afrin district, where Turkey has been carrying on a military operation against the People’s Protection Units (YPG) since Jan. 20.

“Almost all of the armored carriers [operating] in Afrin are domestically produced. I thank our friends who produced them,” Erdoğan said.

The Turkish president has repeatedly criticized certain foreign countries for allegedly being reluctant to sell unmanned aerial vehicles, armed or unarmed, stressing that unmanned systems could decrease casualties.

After the meeting of the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries’ (SSM) executive committee on Jan. 31, a Turkish Presidency statement said that “a total of 55 projects worth $9.4 billion were evaluated.”

The committee decided to add “further indigenous and national systems” to help the military in “Operation Olive Branch” in Syria’s Afrin.

President Erdoğan chaired the SSM executive committee meeting for the first time following a recent state of emergency decree law announcing that the SSM would be under the full control of the president, rather than the Defense Ministry. Prior to the decree, the committee was chaired by the prime minister.

Finally! I've always wondered why the world doesn't produce unmanned thanks.

The reason why the world doesn't produce unmanned tanks are, from scratch.

How do you plan to control it
- by wire : so... they are what sitting in a mobile unit which moves behind it which probably has less armor than the tanks, and all the disadvantages a cable brings with it. because unlike ATGM's its not only for a 30 second period orso.
- by radio: TSK is not the only who can deploy jammers and there are probably special smoke grenades which can make the tanks unresponsive. by distorting the radiosignals or outright reflect or absorb them. And unlike UAV's you have to take terrain in consideration.

I was also thinking if enemy can jam the signal we send to control the unmanned tank than its no go. Against terrorist its ok but against regulars armies we should care about the jammer probability

Aren't those people sometimes ashamed and uncomfortable with themselves and the fairy tales they tell all the time trying to impress the uneducated masses targeted as potential voters?

We cant even start producing Altay due to their political games, corruption and incompetence but Erdo is already blowing the whistle talking about an unmanned tank.

Erdogan choose BMC as tank producer, to give his friends from BMC and Qatar the billion $ contract, while BMC, with non experience in tank production, choose Rheinmetall because of his huge knowledge in tank productions. Is that possible?

Is BMC only responsible for engine and transmission or whole production of the tank??

Erdogan choose BMC as tank producer, to give his friends from BMC and Qatar the billion $ contract, while BMC, with non experience in tank production, choose Rheinmetall because of his huge knowledge in tank productions. Is that possible?
It seems so...

Dont mind what they say about Germany by media..

http://www.businessht.com.tr/ekonom...-altay-tankinin-uretimine-almanya-da-katilsin
Alman haber ajansı DPA'ya konuşan Başbakan Binali Yıldırım, Türkiye'de yapılması planlanan "Altay" tanklarının üretimine Almanya'nın da iştirak etmesini dilediğini söyledi.

Bu iş birliğinden her iki tarafın da fayda sağlayacağını kaydeden Yıldırım, "Daha fazla Almanya’ya getirir çünkü makineler Almanya’dan geliyor. Önemli aksamlar Almanya’dan geliyor. Daha basit parçalar Türkiye’de yapılıyor" değerlendirmesinde bulundu.

Last edited:
Orosp.... well, if the tender was public the result should be revealed to the public. unless of course regardless of the tender it was going to be BMC. We won't know unless the choice and reason is publicated.

World is following two dimensional approach as far as modernizing tanks with Unmanned systems are concerned.

One is to follow up approach which Russians followed with T14 Armata. Crew Less turret and number of crew reduced to 2 who will be seated in well protected hull.

Second approach is to develop dedicated Unmanned Combat Ground Vehicles (UCGVs) meant for specific threat environment. I guess this is what Mr Erdogan was talking about

Orosp.... well, if the tender was public the result should be revealed to the public. unless of course regardless of the tender it was going to be BMC. We won't know unless the choice and reason is publicated.

Let’s assume BMC get the tender, how many years will left until production facility is finished? 2 years. In other words, before 2020, you will not see any tank.

I know, don’t want to be to realistic.

@LegionnairE

Here a running gag.

Second BAFO Period in Altay

It was learned that a second "best and Final offer" (Best And Final Offer / BAFO) requested from the competitors for the serial production of ALTAY Main Battle Tank. According to the information obtained by C4Defence, the Undersecretariat of Defence Industries (SSM) has sent a new call to the companies participate in the tender. Accordingly, the companies presented BAFO on 8 February 2018 to SSM will submit their offers again on 5 March 2018. This time SSM will make separate price negotiations with companies determined to be mandatory subcontractors in the Request for Proposal (RFI). In this framework, the price and price distribution tree will be included in the offers of the competitors.
On the other hand, the Undersecretary for Defence Industries has not yet responded to the written question on the subject by the time the news is published.
OTOKAR, FNSS and BMC compete in the tender

Short Url: http://c4news.me/GvIU7

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom