What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

It is strange that many of you here are writing about "pockets" or "friends pockets" of some politicians especially of Erdogan or his party but none of you never explained how is it possible that Otokar owner, even so patriotic as you write, has set that high price tag that even a potential german producer can make it cheeper? Looks like strange patriotism to me! How comes that Otokar's in Turkey developed and produced tank is way more expecive than any other tank in the world and that's still patriotic for you and nobody accuses Otokar for profit taking into own pocket? Hm

Noone knows the offered prices. I'd rather pay more though and have it domestic, instead of Turkish tax payer money ending up in foreign countries.

OTOKAR has already manufactured running samples and passed all tests on the field without problem so proved technical capability. That is Otokar is ready with its equipment, production line etc. most importantly with the "know-how" for mass production.

BMC,on the other hand, having no experience with Altay, will have to be dependent on the German firm Rheinmetal if given tender by AKP.

Question: What could be possible reason to why they dont want Otokar to mass-produce Altay, but give it to a foreign firm?

The only reasonable answer could be that the price offer Otokar has given is possibly higher than BMC&Rheinmetal partnership. (We dont know about this.)

They, if so "nationalistic and indigenous" as they claim to be, should still prefer Otokar because it is a company with 100% Turkish capital. That means Our money will stay at home, instead of Bismarc's pocket in Germany.

They care about it? I dont think so. They only care the profit for their own. We are surrounded by corruption everywhere .

Bu arada ortada hala tankı çalıştaracak bir motor olmadığını da unutmayalım. Gurur kaynağımız olacak bir projeyi utanç kaynağı yaptılar.

Not: BMC bir Türk-Qatar ortaklığıdır.

Industrial production is standart. Every company with a decent CNC and CAM machinery can produce a given blue print into a ready product.

Industrial production is standart. Every company with a decent CNC and CAM machinery can produce a given blue print into a ready product.
Yes. We have many companies with CNC/CAM machines in Ankara OSTİM organized industrial zone. They can make it for 5 USD per hour.

I have to ask you something But my english is not enough to explain it fully so im gonna ask in turkish.

Şimdi biz tank yapıyoruz tankın topunuda yapıyoruz ama topta kullanılan metali de biz üretebiliyormuyuz.Demek istediğim bu metaller normal metal değil atış yapıldığında genleşmeyen yada çabuk soğuyan bir metal olmalı tek buda değil piyade tüfeği tapıyoruz onun namlusu yada aksan parçalarının metali yada zırhlı araçlarda kullanılan zırh metali bunları biz üretebiliyormuyuz.Metalurji alanında nerdeyiz.Şirketler çıkıp 5000 beygire kadar motor geliştireceğiz diyorlar ama yaptıkları motorda kullandıkları/kullanacakları metalleride üretebiliyorlarmı.

this question stuck in my mind.If its not related to topic i can delete this message.

I have to ask you something But my english is not enough to explain it fully so im gonna ask in turkish.

Şimdi biz tank yapıyoruz tankın topunuda yapıyoruz ama topta kullanılan metali de biz üretebiliyormuyuz.Demek istediğim bu metaller normal metal değil atış yapıldığında genleşmeyen yada çabuk soğuyan bir metal olmalı tek buda değil piyade tüfeği tapıyoruz onun namlusu yada aksan parçalarının metali yada zırhlı araçlarda kullanılan zırh metali bunları biz üretebiliyormuyuz.Metalurji alanında nerdeyiz.Şirketler çıkıp 5000 beygire kadar motor geliştireceğiz diyorlar ama yaptıkları motorda kullandıkları/kullanacakları metalleride üretebiliyorlarmı.

this question stuck in my mind.If its not related to topic i can delete this message.

Unfortunately we do not have that capability currently, our armoured plates are imported from various foreign vendors. Otokar buys plates from SSAB, Armox steel is used on Otokar Cobra series..

It's real good stuff though, top-notch quality - I think we'd be hard pressed to develop steel that resemles Armox and so does the US apparently..
e61211ce-873c-47cd-b461-e49d9325ddc3.png

Engine wise it shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

You must be fan of Rheinmetall:) Even US supply their M1 Abrams with Rheinmetall 120mm gun.

Unfortunately we do not have that capability currently, our armoured plates are imported from various foreign vendors. Otokar buys plates from SAAB, Armox steel is used on Otokar Cobra series..

Thank You

You must be fan of Rheinmetall:) Even US supply their M1 Abrams with Rheinmetall 120mm gun.

Yes i know and using rheinmetall L55 on altay is not a problem to me.I just wanted to know where are we at material science.Tank gun was just an example

Unfortunately we do not have that capability currently, our armoured plates are imported from various foreign vendors. Otokar buys plates from SAAB, Armox steel is used on Otokar Cobra series..

Are you sure ? I thought Roketsan developed it's own armour package for the Altay.

Those are the ceramic inserts, ballistic steel is imported. "Armor" is not a homogenous thing.
Unfortunately we import them and metals for missile bodies. We have firms which is technically capable of producing those materials. I even know some firms are capable of producing more complicated materials.

Again; unfortunately they do not get any chance. I think someone who is close to goverment are importing them or taking some profit from that commerce.

Frankly I'd rather wait for Otokar to set up the production line than have the German communist bastards involved. We entered Afrin and immediately the Germans decided they wouldn't upgrade the tanks of fascist oppressive Turkey. So fvck those pkk loving cvnts in the German parliament and let us do it on our own.
After afrin......I think the government will reset their minds and go for the otokar......especially after most EU cunt head show their true colors by siding with pkk, particularly that of france and german

After afrin......I think the government will reset their minds and go for the otokar......especially after most EU cunt head show their true colors by siding with pkk, particularly that of france and german

money does not stink

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom