What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I have to ask you something But my english is not enough to explain it fully so im gonna ask in turkish.

Şimdi biz tank yapıyoruz tankın topunuda yapıyoruz ama topta kullanılan metali de biz üretebiliyormuyuz.Demek istediğim bu metaller normal metal değil atış yapıldığında genleşmeyen yada çabuk soğuyan bir metal olmalı tek buda değil piyade tüfeği tapıyoruz onun namlusu yada aksan parçalarının metali yada zırhlı araçlarda kullanılan zırh metali bunları biz üretebiliyormuyuz.Metalurji alanında nerdeyiz.Şirketler çıkıp 5000 beygire kadar motor geliştireceğiz diyorlar ama yaptıkları motorda kullandıkları/kullanacakları metalleride üretebiliyorlarmı.

this question stuck in my mind.If its not related to topic i can delete this message.

There is an on going investment to start producing these parts Locally. I believe the news is available in this topic. A local conglomerate is working with foreign company as JV.

3Ely95.jpg

Today is last day for best and final offer for altay tank production

Oguz has been pushed so far that he doesn't care as long as the Altay leaves the production plant within 2-3 years :)

But I think we all feel that way. However giving the production of Altay to Otokar who built the ones we have would be preferable. (100% domestic).

Which company do you prefer?

It is not important that which company built it becouse builder company making montage the part part which are made in different factories as Roketsan, Asselsan etc.

The important point is building the tank in a short time.

It is not important that which company built it becouse builder company making montage the part part which are made in different factories as Roketsan, Asselsan etc.

The important point is building the tank in a short time.

Reason for this? Do we have a gap in stock or are we going to war within a year?

No need for hurry. Better focus on quality.

Reason for this? Do we have a gap in stock or are we going to war within a year?

No need for hurry. Better focus on quality.
Of course quality an important member or building or manufacturing. I meant that the builder of Altay tank mostly will be an assambler. Most of parts manufactured in different factories. The tank builder will assamble that parts. So the building quality will be similar in the cadidate companies.

Last edited:
Of course quality an important member or building or manufacturing. I meant that the builder of Altay tank mostly will be an assambler. Most of parts manufactured in different factories. The tank builder will assamble that parts. So the building quality will be similar in the cadidate companies.
Yes; subcontractors are important too but that assembly process is the most important step for total system integrity and reliability.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom