What's new

Abuse of Rating System

@opruh Thanks for tagging me.
My negative rating is from someone who only allows praising Hindu land.
U cannot speak truth here. If u did, those Hindu negative givers would definitely feel their delusional honour hurt.
So just regard your negative ratings as a trophy!
The more negative ratings you receive from Hindu, the more you prove the truth,

Rated negatively by a malnourished Hindu.

This is what he added after getting negative ratings and people are really defending him. Forget everything else , that guy is a troll who usually adds one liners targeting specific nationalities only , So why the hell he's so pissed of with these ratings now?
U REAP WHAT U SOW.

Where can I get help, I got 10 negating ratings in a span of 1 minute.
The Indian member milspec did this.
I believe this is a form of abuse in this forum.
You dude, are the biggest troll this side of the Suez. Its a wonder you didn't get more negative ratings.
@MilSpec has been kind to you.

Your India bashing is legendary. And your Chinese sycophancy is breathtaking!
kiss-boots-173.gif

A poster who is Vietnamese have considered it as an offence,which means that you must not speak that in first place.
Next time,If you were found using terms which are offending any person,albeit it is not considered as slang by you,then you will be issued negative rating,warning or it could be permanent ban.
There are some words which may not be looked like offense to one nationality,but they might be considered as offence by nationality in question.
For example, the term third world looks bad,as compare to underdeveloped..similarly Bangali sounds bad,and Bangladeshi is more preferred.
Please avoid such in future,no matter they are offensive or not,if hated by a poster...avoid it.

regards

"coolie" is clearly stated as "offensive"
You are just as ignorant as jhungary:

Per Oxford Dictionary:
coolie: definition of coolie in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)
Definition of coolie in English:
noun (plural coolies)
dated or offensive
unskilled native laborer in India, China, and some other Asian countries.

American Heritage Dictionary:
American Heritage Dictionary Entry: coolie
n.pl. coo·lies

Offensive
An unskilled Asian laborer.
[Hindiqulī, laborer, perhaps ultimately fromKulī, a tribe in Gujarat.]

Macmillan Dictionary
coolie American English definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
coolie - definition and synonyms
an insulting word used in the past for a worker with no special skills in China, India, and other parts of Asia

Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus
coolie - noun [C]
coolie Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

UK US /ˈkuː.li/
old-fashioned
offensive
unskilled and cheaply employed worker in Asia› Indian English a person whose job is to carry things, especiallytravellers' bags at stations, airports, etc.

Coolie
Dictionary definitions you can understand - YourDictionary
Noun
(plural coolies)

1. (offensive, slang) An unskilled Asian worker, usually of Chinese or Indian descent; a labourer; a porter. Coolies were frequently transported to other countries in the 19th and early 20th centuries as indentured labourers.
  2. (offensive, slang, Trinidad, West Indies, Guyana and parts of Africa) A person of Indian descent.
Read more at Coolie dictionary definition | coolie defined

Incorrect judgement!

You are setting a new definition for the reputable sources that I have quoted

If I regard someone who gives a comment which includes the term "Chinese Communist" as offensive and report the "abusive", would you give the poster a negative rating or ban the poster knowing the stated term is not defined as "offensive" by any reputable source?

The above quotes (expand the quote for thorough reading) exemplify the flaws of this system

The above quotes (expand the quote for thorough reading) exemplify the flaws of this system

Dude, your rating has already been reviewed. That's why 1 (ONE) negative rating was removed.

Again, you can take a hike if you don't like the forum policy, you can also ignore the rules and post whatever you like, you can, of course, bitch about it on some corner of this forum.

But at the end of the day, the policy is the policy, 3 DIFFERENT moderator, one of them Chinese explained to you what you should/could do, what you should not, and you think the policy is at fault or flawed just because, well, you are saying so??

You can carry on do what you want to do, I will carry on do what I want to do, and If I see any insult, I will negative rate it. And no amount of bitching can change that.

Last post on this issue here. Heed my advice or not is up to you

@Slav Defence

First of all thanks for sharing your experience in modification

Regarding the thread:
***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea ***** | Page 10

I am surprised you should end the case this way by locking it up as your said @146:

5-Again,I am not denying to review your case,but you didn't come to me.Instead,you opened up a debate with me arguing that I am wrong,biased and unfair and you are correct.
6-Again,learn manners and avoid using words which are considered as offence by others first of all,once you will take step forward,then I will look into your rating issue.

When I wrote "Vietcong" in the relevant post:
1. it was stated as a neutral and non offensive term in all the dictionaries that I have quoted
2, the term is not banned for use on PDF
3. now, I have also checked the translation from various sources here:

All of them give about the same answer:
Viet communists = Viet Cong or Viet Cong san

Google Translate

viecong 2.jpg

English to Indonesian Translation and Dictionary | Vietnamese Translation
vietcong.JPG

So where is the abuse here?

Also, I am afraid you have not answered the question:

If "Vietcong" is viewed as offensive on PDF, then if some members use " chicom" or "commie" ... or similar terms on Chinese members and PDF receive complaints about it, would the poster(s) equally gets "-ve" ratings or gets banned?

PDF also has to consider making it a rule and a regulation avoiding the AMBIGUITY here that using "Vietcong" is a violation

I would like to thank you or any in-charge in advance if you could review all of my "-ve" ratings

Thanks again!

Last edited:
@Slav Defence

First of all thanks for sharing your experience in modification

Regarding the thread:
***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea ***** | Page 10

I am surprised you should end the case this way by locking it up as your said @146:

5-Again,I am not denying to review your case,but you didn't come to me.Instead,you opened up a debate with me arguing that I am wrong,biased and unfair and you are correct.
6-Again,learn manners and avoid using words which are considered as offence by others first of all,once you will take step forward,then I will look into your rating issue.

When I wrote "Vietcong" in the relevant post:
1. it was stated as a neutral and non offensive term in all the dictionaries that I have quoted
2, the term is not banned for use on PDF
3. now, I have also checked the translation from various sources here:

All of them give about the same answer:
Viet communists = Viet Cong or Viet Cong san

Google Translate

View attachment 266195

English to Indonesian Translation and Dictionary | Vietnamese Translation
View attachment 266193

So where is the abuse here?

Also, I am afraid you have not answered the question:

If "Vietcong" is viewed as offensive on PDF, then if some members use " chicom" or "commie" ... or similar terms on Chinese members and PDF receive complaints about it, would the poster(s) equally gets "-ve" ratings or gets banned?

PDF also has to consider making it a rule and a regulation avoiding the AMBIGUITY here that using "Vietcong" is a violation

I would like to thank you or any in-charge in advance if you could review all of my "-ve" ratings

Thanks again!
I did responded your every question...read my post again:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI,I have myself rated negative to Indian for using term ''Bengali'' instead of Bangladesh after he accepted his mistake as well.
1-For posters like @Götterdämmerung who thinks that forum has been infiltrated by Americans are wrong.I have taken decisions against will of jhungary as well,many times and he has compromised.What jhungary has done outside the forum,in real life is not my business..and I feel deep regret for poor Iraqi children as well.But if you claim that I should react in hateful manner then we will become more strange and alien to them.I had conversations with him in this regard and I have observed his psyche,he has not appeared to be a trigger happy to me,but has followed orders.His senior deserves the treatment for commanding him and training him like that-again it has nothing to do with forum.On contrary to that,I have seen him unhappy over this.I don't want him ever to think that his senior was correct and this is something which you will never understand.You need maturity for this.
2-Meanwhile on the other hand, I also had sour interaction with Mr.Gambit,and I have many times debated and acted against his wishes and you can confirm this to both gentlemen.
3-Again,you are parroting same..showing me references of oxford dictionary and distracting the main focus of my speech.
Yes,if @Dungeness finds a word offensive and upon his request other member keeps on using him to humiliate him or to troll him then he will be treated in same manner.
4-I don't take decisions on basis of nationalities.For me Chinese,American,Indian all are same.Whosoever is right will get what he likes.
7-Since,nobody is interested to discuss the main topic,therefore the thread has served it's purpose.

regards

Source: ***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea ***** | Page 10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The thread was locked because nobody was discussing main topic.Instead,I was mentioned and then you all jumped up at me over such issue and regardless of all explanations,instructions given by me and @waz and complains made by 3-4 Vietnamese members, you and others didn't listen.
Now,I am not gonna respond you.You can discuss this issue with @WebMaster and ask him to do whatever you want to.It is b/c you are not ready to hear me,you are continuously manipulating my simple request as well as you are repeating same argument again and again.
Ask horus or webby to do whatever you wish to or they wish to.

Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes,if @Dungeness finds a word offensive and upon his request other member keeps on using him to humiliate him or to troll him then he will be treated in same manner.
4-I don't take decisions on basis of nationalities.For me Chinese,American,Indian all are same.Whosoever is right will get what he likes.
7-Since,nobody is interested to discuss the main topic,therefore the thread has served it's purpose.

Regards

Thank you for tagging me on this issue.

Yes, I do think the use of term "50 Cents Army" should be banned on the same ground. If the term "Vietcong" could be argued on the historical basis for its multi meanings, the term "50 Cents Army" serves no purpose other than a direct, unambiguous, intentional insult.

I know many Chinese member here would not be bothered by the term due to their high tolerance, but an insult is an INSULT and it should not be tolerated to encourage its use, if PDF is to maintain a fair and justified rating system applicable to all members with different nationalities.

@ChineseTiger1986 @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Chinese-Dragon @AndrewJin @Keel

Last edited:
FYI,I have myself rated negative to Indian for using term ''Bengali'' instead of Bangladesh after he accepted his mistake as well.
1-For posters like @Götterdämmerung who thinks that forum has been infiltrated by Americans are wrong.I have taken decisions against will of jhungary as well,many times and he has compromised.What jhungary has done outside the forum,in real life is not my business..and I feel deep regret for poor Iraqi children as well.But if you claim that I should react in hateful manner then we will become more strange and alien to them.I had conversations with him in this regard and I have observed his psyche,he has not appeared to be a trigger happy to me,but has followed orders.His senior deserves the treatment for commanding him and training him like that-again it has nothing to do with forum.On contrary to that,I have seen him unhappy over this.I don't want him ever to think that his senior was correct and this is something which you will never understand.You need maturity for this.
2-Meanwhile on the other hand, I also had sour interaction with Mr.Gambit,and I have many times debated and acted against his wishes and you can confirm this to both gentlemen.
3-Again,you are parroting same..showing me references of oxford dictionary and distracting the main focus of my speech.

regards

Source: ***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea ***** | Page 10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The thread was locked because nobody was discussing main topic.Instead,I was mentioned and then you all jumped up at me over such issue and regardless of all explanations,instructions given by me and @waz and complains made by 3-4 Vietnamese members, you and others didn't listen.
Now,I am not gonna respond you.You can discuss this issue with @WebMaster and ask him to do whatever you want to.It is b/c you are not ready to hear me,you are continuously manipulating my simple request as well as you are repeating same argument again and again.

Regards

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah I have already tagged @WebMaster and @Horus or anyone in-charge, possibly @waz
as well

If you want to leave it to the above-mentioned. that is fine with me

I have not been manipullating but I have been quoting with strong sources to back me up!

So I was adjucated for "-ve" ratings because it was the vietnamese members' political inclination!

Was it wrong in all senses of the world not to have checked out the meaning of a word or term before one uses it from creditable dictionaries like Oxford, Collins, American Heritage etc?

ps we have equal or more numbers of members who have complained against @jhungary he was getting away with it without any penalty!

Best regards,

Last edited:
Thank you for tagging me on this issue.

Yes, I do think the use of term "50 Cents Army" should be banned on the same ground. If the term "Vietcong" could be argued on the historical basis for its multi meanings, the term "50 Cents Army" serves no purpose other than a direct, unambiguous, intentional insult.

I know many Chinese member here would not be bothered by the term due to their high tolerance, but an insult is an INSULT and it should not be tolerated to encourage its use, if PDF is to maintain a fair and justified rating system applicable to all members with different nationalities.

@ChineseTiger1986 @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Chinese-Dragon @AndrewJin @Keel

Yes 50 cent army is also a slur.

I think it is clearly stated in the rules and regulations of the forum
BUT "Vietcong" is not!

Best regards

I didn't know that. I have been seeing its widespread use since I jointed PDF a month ago, especially by Indian and Vietnamese members here when they lost a argument or were frustrated.

If the word "Vietcong" was not clearly specified as an offensive slur on PDF, members should not be "negative-rated" for using it, even it deemed as offensive by some members. Any new rules should not be retroactive or randomly imposed by any individual without consent among management.

regards

Regards

Sorry for disagreeing. What he has done outside this forum is regarded as crime against humanity under international law, not only that, in several instances he even bragged about his mercenary services for the US.

In this forum he has been one of the most ardent promoter of US propaganda and justifies any crimes that he and his colleagues have done to innocent people that have neither done him, his family nor his country any harm.

Bundeswehr soldiers have been taught and encouraged to disobey orders they regard as inhuman and criminal. That's what a mature person with an ethical character should act like and not obey slavishly.

I didn't know that. I have been seeing its widespread use since I jointed PDF a month ago, especially by Indian and Vietnamese members here when they lost a argument or were frustrated.

If the word "Vietcong" was not clearly specified as an offensive slur on PDF, members should not be "negative-rated" for using it, even it deemed as offensive by some members. Any new rules should not be retroactive or randomly imposed by any individual without consent among management.

Absolutely

So it provides good and strong valid grounds for the Mods or the in-charge to consider reversing the related "-ve" ratings on me

Also to avoid confusion, the board may consider listing "vietcong" ..."commie", "Chicom" and the like as "offensive" in the rules and regulations

Appreciate the in-charge or responsible ranks of staff on PDF such as @waz @Slav Defence @Hu Songshan et al for the time and if possible to review the above on top of assessing all of my *-ve" ratings which I have been refrainng from putting forward for review until now.

Best regards

Also @Dungeness , when you have spent more time on the forum you will notice that a majority of Chinese-flagged members whom you have tagged @98 etc are not interested in participating in debates like this.

you are not quite understand the picture. He KNEW the word was offensive as I told him so BEFORE ANY NEGATIVE RATING was left

First of all, I did give him the benefit of the doubt. And the negative rating is not all about the word.

I saw his first post when he start referring the Vietnamese to Vietcong, I did not do anything on that post, I reckon he may not know about the word being offensive. Then someone reported that particular post and his post was deleted.

Then second post come, he repost the same offensive post and added a line asking he don't understand why the post was deleted. I said the words "Vietcong" he uses is a slur when he used it to refer to the whole population of Vietnam. Then, after being notified, he not only again repost his insult, and also start arguing about the word (an act he still does even after numerous Vietnamese Member and some Moderator already point out the word is offensive in nature) and that is when I gave him negative rating, for all the post he repost with the word in it.

I am being fair, I gave him the benefit of the doubt to begin with, then instead of trying to correct his behaviour, he start arguing with me and the management team about the word, he is still doing that and that is the reason why he received the negative rating. FOR AFTER BEING NOTIFIED THE WORD BEING OFFENSIVE AND CONTINUE USING THE WORD.

If he would stop using the word and stop arguing, he would not have any negative rating left against him
. I did offer him a deal, if he would have retract the word and edit his post, I will retract all but one negative rating, but he choose to continue using the word and argue with me, AND THE MANAGEMENT. Hence his rating sticks

For me, I gave him ample chance to avoid negative rating before I took that step, but he chooses to argue with me and the management. And by the time a negative rating was left on him, he can't say he did not know the word is offensive

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom